• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

Might be a long shot but is there a way to use visualforce to prepopulate/populate the new rich text field with text from a word document which could then be edited, once saved this version will stay and not get rereshed with the template text again.

I imagine the text sitting in a word document on content maybe.

There may be a better way around this so i'll explain the background.

We need to have a standard template of text for a contract that can be tweaked, i.e add or remove clauses or add additional requested text.

Once this has been agreed, we need a PDF of this text to be created and sent out to the customer.

I have been able to get uneditable vf ms word documents to show through on a record page but nothing that can be edited. any ideas?

KD

• March 10, 2010

Hope someone can help me out

I have created a table to hold information, one column which needs to be edited. however on clicking the save button the section where I have placed the visualforce page loads the whole salesforce page, any help appreciated, this is my code.

<apex:page standardController="Account" tabstyle="account" sidebar="false"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock > <apex:pageMessages /> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account}" var="account"> <apex:column value="{!Account.Projected_Revenue_FY_11_12__c}"/> <apex:column headerValue="Account Owner Projected Revenue"> <apex:inputField value="{!Account.Account_Owner_Projected_Revenue__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column value="{!Account.Projected_Revenue_Variance__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

The VF page displays exactly how I would like until I click on Save and then the issues arise. If someone knows how I can get the table to be closed and then have Edit button to open it up to be edited and a save button that returns the page how I need it to, would be eternally grateful.

I'm not to good with custom controllers so hoping this can be done without them.

Thanks

KD

• March 05, 2010

Hope you can help.

We currently load invoices into Salesforce, using an onject called invoices and these are then linked to Accounts.

I am trying to run a report to show total invoice value for an account by quarter which I have done, but then I want to be able to compare quarter on quarter, month on month year on yr etc. So have a variance column in a report where Q4 spend - Q3 spend.

I am sure the answer is in a custom summary field somehow but can't work this in my head. As the data in the table is being pulled from the same field in Invoices and seperated by date, it is not as simple as subtracted one field from a another as the data is coming from the same field. Do I need to add an IF or CASE formaula in the custom summary field to get this?

K

• February 16, 2010

Installed this app, followed the instructions but whent he feed is loading up it displays the Account Name but then quickly defaults back to Google.

Any ideas how this can be fixed ?

• February 12, 2009

Hope someone can help me out

I have created a table to hold information, one column which needs to be edited. however on clicking the save button the section where I have placed the visualforce page loads the whole salesforce page, any help appreciated, this is my code.

<apex:page standardController="Account" tabstyle="account" sidebar="false"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock > <apex:pageMessages /> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account}" var="account"> <apex:column value="{!Account.Projected_Revenue_FY_11_12__c}"/> <apex:column headerValue="Account Owner Projected Revenue"> <apex:inputField value="{!Account.Account_Owner_Projected_Revenue__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column value="{!Account.Projected_Revenue_Variance__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

The VF page displays exactly how I would like until I click on Save and then the issues arise. If someone knows how I can get the table to be closed and then have Edit button to open it up to be edited and a save button that returns the page how I need it to, would be eternally grateful.

I'm not to good with custom controllers so hoping this can be done without them.

Thanks

KD

• March 05, 2010
Hopefully someone from force.com labs reads this or someone forwards it to them.  When I tried to install this into my production org there was an error in one of the test cases.  It said something about querying too many rows.  I imagine that a limit clause needs to be added to one of the queries in a test method.  If you are able to communicate with force.com labs or are reading this and work in the group please verify that this issue will be addressed.  Thanks.  Here is a link to the app iCalendar Export 1.1: https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016fTNEAY.
  • April 28, 2009

Hi,

I've been advised this is the best place to post this...

I've installed Quote Line Items (Version 0.7) from Appexchange and want to edit the page "Quote PDF" so that it looks similar to our existing quote template as we're looking to run our quote process through Salesforce.com.  The application is great and I've been given the go ahead to roll it out to everyone as long as the quote PDF can look more like our original version.  This is where I'm falling down - I've managed to add our logo to the template instead of the standard Visualforce one but can't get my head around adding a table and some standard text to the template. I know it's only a simple template and if it was HTML I'd be able to do it but I just can't figure out Visualforce.

Can anybody help with this at all please?  E.g. does anyone have a standard table I can copy & paste and then edit?  If I identify which fields need to be included, could someone guide me through how to enter them in to the table?  Is there a way of adding a standard header & footer to the page?

Thanks,

Cherie

Installed this app, followed the instructions but whent he feed is loading up it displays the Account Name but then quickly defaults back to Google.

Any ideas how this can be fixed ?

• February 12, 2009
I am trying to create a formula that looks up the User object "Division" field value (based on case owner) so I can group by the division field on a case activity report. So far, I have been unable to do this. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • January 10, 2009
What's the best way to apply conditional styling to the rows of a table?  (Either dataTable or pageBlockTable).  I know you can use rowClasses to do alternating styles, but I want styles that will be based on one of the fields/properties of the objects that are represented in the table.

So as a simple example, if the table is a List of Opportunities, I'd want the whole row in bold if the stage is Closed Lost.

Can you take an IF expression and stick it inside the rowClasses property of the table?  Is that the best way to handle this, assuming my logic is simple enough to be represented by an IF?

Thanks!