• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
hi,

I am trying to make a field as read only (Free Form Text and Picklist). But in edit mode of the record it is still editable ? I have tried in both page layout and Set field level security. But no use. I have tried this previously it was working fine. But now it is not working. So can any one help me on this?

Thanks,
Anthony A.
  • March 12, 2009
We have developed a Apex class which retrieves information from a external server where the response we get is sometimes more than 100000 charecters and the SFDC API is not able to handle it. We are using XML DOM for it. Can anyone suggest a solution to handle a response which is more than 100000 charecters ?
  • January 24, 2009
hi,

I am trying to make a field as read only (Free Form Text and Picklist). But in edit mode of the record it is still editable ? I have tried in both page layout and Set field level security. But no use. I have tried this previously it was working fine. But now it is not working. So can any one help me on this?

Thanks,
Anthony A.
  • March 12, 2009
We have developed a Apex class which retrieves information from a external server where the response we get is sometimes more than 100000 charecters and the SFDC API is not able to handle it. We are using XML DOM for it. Can anyone suggest a solution to handle a response which is more than 100000 charecters ?
  • January 24, 2009
Hello,

We are a language school and we manage all our clients and enrolments with Salesforce. We capture in Salesforce the start date of a student, the end date of the course, the centre where (s)he is studying and the level.

Today, we use a simple Excel spreadsheet to show the length of stay of a certain student. A color code indicated the type of course the student is taking so the x axis shows the weeks (starting every Monday) and the y axis lists the students.

We want to get rid of the spreadsheet and be able to show the same sort of graphic driven by the data in Salesforce. If you think this is possible, let me know, it would be a huge improvement on our data integrity and quality.

Kind regards

Steven Muller