• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom object that is in a M-D relation to Account.  I want to change it to a Lookup.  There is no Roll-up on Account for this object yet I cannot change the Field Type.  The only thing I notice is that the Account field on the Custom Object is indexed.  Would this cause a problem? 

Any ideas?

In EE I can turn off the ability to export data in a Profile.  Since PE doesn't have profiles I can;t do it there.  The client would like people to see all accounts to avoid dupes but wants to protect their data.  Is there a way to limit them from exporting the data in PE?

I am able to create an Excel file with data from Salesforce using a VF page.  I need to be able to put some data on Worksheet 1 and other data on Worksheet 2.  Is it possible to specify the worksheet?

If not, how would I do this?

Thanks for any ideas...

I have a custom object that is a child of another.  The child lets the user say how to split up the items in the parent.  Each child contains a lookup to the parent with a number and a description.  I can easily do this by having the user create separate child records.  But the client wants to be able to enter 5 at a time.  I could put 4 more number and 4 more description fields but for editing purposes later, it would be better to create separate records in salesforce.  

Since I only have 2 fields in the object how do I get input for 10?  inputField only works for the first set. 

Thanks for any suggestions,

Elly

I have a VF page where the user selects an item and when they click it, I call another page. I want to pass a value to the 2nd page.  I set the Id of the field on the second page to the value of what hey selcted.  It works great.  But, now I want to promote it to the dev org and the Id of the field will be different.  I tried setting the name of the field but that didn't work. How do I develop in the Sandbox and then promote the code without having to change the Ids?

Also, the field I am passing to is a Lookup.  I would like to pass the Id rather than the name of the item in the lookup but it only works when I pass the name.  Is there a different field I should pass the Id to?

Thanks....

Is there a way to customize RemoteAccessAuthorizationPage in Salesforce? I know we can bypass it but I would like to customize the font size, style, button color etc., I didn't find it under Visualforce page. Where is it located in Salesforce?          
Hi Team,

I see the Apex mentioned below in my org,
ForgotPasswordController
LightningForgotPasswordController
LightningLoginFormController
LightningSelfRegisterController
ChangePasswordController
CommunitiesLandingController
CommunitiesLoginController
CommunitiesSelfRegConfirmController
CommunitiesSelfRegController

It has corresponding Visual force and Aura components.

It looks like they are automatically generated by sfdc.com.

I am not sure under what circumstance do they get generated? Any suggestions?
Where can I find the description for those Apex, Aura and Visual Force Lightning components?

Many Thanks in advance!
I am attempting to use the dhtmlx gantt chart in salesforce.  Currently I am trying to display all cases from all accounts that meet certain critieria.  Then I would like to use those cases and associated dates in a field to populate Gantt chart.  Looking for any assistance possible.  I cannot get a visualforce page to show any case information when I use a basic controller.

<apex:page standardController="Case" >
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock >  
            <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons> 
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
              <apex:PageBlockTable value="{!Case}" var="c">
                <apex:column value="{!c.Account}"/>
                  <apex:column value="{!c.Number}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!c.Owner}"/>
                <apex:column headerValue="Install Date">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!a.Planned_Install_Date__c}"/>
                </apex:column>
            </apex:PageBlockTable>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>
I have a custom object that is in a M-D relation to Account.  I want to change it to a Lookup.  There is no Roll-up on Account for this object yet I cannot change the Field Type.  The only thing I notice is that the Account field on the Custom Object is indexed.  Would this cause a problem? 

Any ideas?

This is making me nuts.  Is there something unique about enabling web-to-case within production?  There are very few settings it seems.  It works fine in my developer org, it works fine in my sandbox, but for some reason when I follow the exact steps in my production org (namely: enable web-to-case, generate form html, submit case using generated html) no cases are being generated.

Can anyone think what I might be overlooking?  Thanks for any help.

• February 21, 2013

Has anyone been able to get jQuery to work in a custom button for a standard page layout?  All the examples I can find are on custom VF pages :(

Example code or a link to example code would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi - SF Help & training indicates that you can add up to 4 columns to a dashboard table.  I'm still struggling with it, I can only get it to show 2.  Has anyone been successful with this?

Thanks

With the Summer'10 release, the Report Builder also is able to edit Summary Reports. During June, we added Boolean filtering and conditional highlighting. As of June 28th, this excludes Matrix reports, and the ability to edit charts. Both of these should be added before September 2010.

I'm particularly interested in:

1) browser compatibility (for instance, we have found and corrected a set of look and feel bugs for IE6)

2) load time and feedback (where we have spent a lot of time optimizing for load-time performance, but still have some work to do on the treeview load time)

3) How you feel about interacting with the builder?

We are really shooting for feature parity with the wizard (i.e.. the Builder create or edit everything the builder can) over the next 2 months and for GA  (in Winter'11), but also we want to know requested changes - here, or on IdeaExchange.

Tom Tobin

• June 28, 2010
Hi

There's an example here to create a VisualForce email template: 

How would I go about changing this code so that there is a 'where' clause on the cases that are returned in the apex:repeat list?

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Cases}">       <tr>           <td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> |             <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></td>           <td>{!cx.CaseNumber}</td>           <td>{!cx.Subject}</td>           <td>{!cx.Contact.email}</td>           <td>{!cx.Status}</td>       </tr> 
</apex:repeat>  
  • March 18, 2010

Hello All,

When editing Campaign Members via the Manage Members button is there a way that if our users click on Add Members-Import file, or Update and Add Members-Import File that these buttons be grayed out or removed so that this is not possible?

Thanks,

Phillies Fan

Hi,

I would like to send a mail to  a contact when case is created.The Email contains list of cases related to account.

So i created workflow with condition(case status = new) and type is Email Alert.

It is working  fine when I send it from a Send Email button on a Contact detail. When trying from work flow,its sends the mail but doesn't populate any  values.

Code as below

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"  relatedToType="Account"
    subject="Case report for Account: {!relatedTo.name}">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

<html>
            <body>
               <p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
               <p>Below is a list of cases related to the account: {!relatedTo.name}.</p>
         <table border="0" >
                 <tr >
                     <th>Action</th><th>Case Number</th><th>Subject</th><th>Creator Email</th><th>Status</th>
                  </tr>

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Cases}">
       <tr>
           <td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> | 
           <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></td>
           <td>{!cx.CaseNumber}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Subject}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Contact.email}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Status}</td>
       </tr>
    </apex:repeat>    
        </table>
    <p/>
    <center>
        <apex:outputLink value="http://www.salesforce.com">
        For more detailed information login to Salesforce.com
    </apex:outputLink>
</center>
</body>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Thanks for any help

• January 12, 2010

I am able to create an Excel file with data from Salesforce using a VF page.  I need to be able to put some data on Worksheet 1 and other data on Worksheet 2.  Is it possible to specify the worksheet?

If not, how would I do this?

Thanks for any ideas...

I have a custom object that is a child of another.  The child lets the user say how to split up the items in the parent.  Each child contains a lookup to the parent with a number and a description.  I can easily do this by having the user create separate child records.  But the client wants to be able to enter 5 at a time.  I could put 4 more number and 4 more description fields but for editing purposes later, it would be better to create separate records in salesforce.  

Since I only have 2 fields in the object how do I get input for 10?  inputField only works for the first set. 

Thanks for any suggestions,

Elly