• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have created an email template in Visualforce which displays a form including checkboxes, text boxes and labels. Everything works fine except the checkboxes. The checkbox values doesnt display in the outlook email, nor does a image of a checkbox. Instead I see a Image box with a red cross sign.

Code:
<apex:outputLabel rendered="{!relatedTo.LAN__c}"><apex:image url="https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload—file=01530000000dpeZ"/></apex:outputLabel>
<apex:outputLabel rendered="{!!relatedTo.LAN__c}"><apex:image url="https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload–file=01530000000dpee"/></apex:outputLabel>

The checkbox image has been stored in the Documents folder in salesforce and I have made it externally availaible. 
I tried using a static Resource which did not work either. Also, I have modified my outlook settings to display images but still dont see the image.

Please let me know,
Anchal
Hi

I developed a Visual force page for an email template which essentially displays a form with output fields. However, when the output field is a checkbox the image is messed up. The checks or blank  values in the checkboxes do not get displayed, instead there is a box with a - sign in it.

Please let me know how I can solve this problem.

Thanks,

This is a picture of the checkbox

I am trying to pull up the Approval History related list for the Case object but I get the following error:

"'ActivityHistories' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Case"

Code:
public Case getCase()
    {
        thisCase = [select Id, Last_Name__c, First_Name__c, Middle_Initial__c, Cost_Center_Code__c, Employee_Position_Title__c,Employment_Category__c, 
        Expected_Arrival_Date__c from Case where Id = :caseId];
        return thisCase; }

I tried using {!Case} as well as {!Case.Id} for the subject attribute and none of those options work

Code:
<apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories" subject="{!Case.Id}"/>

Message Edited by AnchalGoel on 11-25-2008 12:20 PM
I am trying to disable a select List when the user checks a checkbox. I am running into the following problems.

a. The select option tag doesnt populate the options from the referenced field
b. The Select List box doesnt get disabled when i check the checkbox
Code:
<apex:inputfield value="{!case.Region__c}">
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!regionSectionAction}" reRender="NewEmployeeRequest1"/></apex:inputField>&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>Region</b> &nbsp;&nbsp; 
<apex:selectList value="{!case.Regional_Location__c}" disabled="{!!noRegionSection}" >
<apex:selectOption value="{!case.Regional_Location__c}" itemLabel="{!case.Regional_Location__c}" />
</apex:selectList>

The same functionality works when i tried to disable a text box rather than a select List

Code:
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!regionSectionAction}" reRender="NewEmployeeRequest1"/></apex:inputField>&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>Region</b> &nbsp;&nbsp; 
<apex:inputtext value="{!case.Regional_Location__c}" disabled="{!!noRegionSection}" >
</apex:inputtext>

Thanks,

I have used the disable value to disable my input text field. However, I would like it to be greyed out and then enable it based on a value picked in a picklist.

Is there a solution to that?

Thanks,
Is it possible to use the <Image> tag to display a icon, which displays helptext when the user hovers over it (using the MouseOver event)? If so, does anyone know how to do that?
I am  trying to display an Error Message when the user does not check a checkbox when the user clicks on the Save command button. However, my message component doesnt tie in to the command button. When i click on save, the page proceeds to the next one, without displaying the error message.

I used get, set to get the value of the checkbox in the Controller
Code:
   public void setagreeCheckBox(Boolean checkBox)
    {
  this.checkBox = checkBox;
 }

public Boolean getagreeCheckBox()
    {
     return this.checkBox;
 }
 I have defined a function to check the value of the checkbox and add the message to message component.
Code:
<apex:page controller="NewEmployeeRequest2" sidebar="true" showHeader="true" >
<head>
<script language="Javascript"> 

function check(boolean checkboxvalue)
 {
  var returnvalue= true;
  if(checkbox=='false')
  {
  returnvalue=false;
  alert(checkbox);
  ApexPages.addmessage(new ApexPages.message(ApexPages.severity.INFO,'Please check and agree to proceed'));
  }
  return returnvalue;
 }
</script>
</head>
 <apex:form id="NewEmployeeRequest2">
    <apex:pageBlock >
<apex:inputfield value="{!case.Rules_of_Behavior_Agree__c}" />
          <apex:commandButton action="{!Cancel}" value="Cancel" />
         <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Continue"  onclick="return check('{!agreeCheckBox}')">
          <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" rerender="ErrorMessage"/>
          </apex:commandButton>
          <apex:pageMessage id="ErrorMessage" rendered="return check('{!agreeCheckBox}')" severity="warning" strength="2"> 
          </apex:pageMessage>
</apex:pageBlock> 
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

This doesnt work. In addition, I have multiple fields in my form which I have to validate.

Thank you in advance,
Anchal

We are creating a form with input fields, and we want the ability to display the hover over help text for every input field. We are currently defining the input field within the <table> tag enveloped in a <pageBlock> but have not been able to display the help text using this method.

However, we also tried using <Page Block Section> to envelope the input fields and were able to display the hover over text, but were limited to using only two columns per section and were unable to define custom labels for the input fields. This forced us to switch to the <table>tag. 
Is there a way for us to display the hover over text while using custom labels and having more than two columns?
How do you call a standard process like Submit for Approval (Workflow Approval process) in a Custom controller class?
Hi,

I have created an email template in Visualforce which displays a form including checkboxes, text boxes and labels. Everything works fine except the checkboxes. The checkbox values doesnt display in the outlook email, nor does a image of a checkbox. Instead I see a Image box with a red cross sign.

Code:
<apex:outputLabel rendered="{!relatedTo.LAN__c}"><apex:image url="https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload—file=01530000000dpeZ"/></apex:outputLabel>
<apex:outputLabel rendered="{!!relatedTo.LAN__c}"><apex:image url="https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload–file=01530000000dpee"/></apex:outputLabel>

The checkbox image has been stored in the Documents folder in salesforce and I have made it externally availaible. 
I tried using a static Resource which did not work either. Also, I have modified my outlook settings to display images but still dont see the image.

Please let me know,
Anchal
I am trying to disable a select List when the user checks a checkbox. I am running into the following problems.

a. The select option tag doesnt populate the options from the referenced field
b. The Select List box doesnt get disabled when i check the checkbox
Code:
<apex:selectList value="{!case.Regional_Location__c}" disabled="{!!noRegionSection}" >
<apex:selectOption value="{!case.Regional_Location__c}" itemLabel="{!case.Regional_Location__c}" />
</apex:selectList>

The same functionality works when i tried to disable a text box rather than a select List

Code:
<apex:inputtext value="{!case.Regional_Location__c}" disabled="{!!noRegionSection}" >
</apex:inputtext>

Thanks,

I have used the disable value to disable my input text field. However, I would like it to be greyed out and then enable it based on a value picked in a picklist.

Is there a solution to that?

Thanks,
We are creating a form with input fields, and we want the ability to display the hover over help text for every input field. We are currently defining the input field within the <table> tag enveloped in a <pageBlock> but have not been able to display the help text using this method.

However, we also tried using <Page Block Section> to envelope the input fields and were able to display the hover over text, but were limited to using only two columns per section and were unable to define custom labels for the input fields. This forced us to switch to the <table>tag. 
Is there a way for us to display the hover over text while using custom labels and having more than two columns?