• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

Is there any option that we could rollback the installed Managed Beta package over the Manage release package.

Note:(Condition).I need to work on the same DE org for testing where i have overwirte the DE org containing the Manage Release package with the Manage Beta package.i do not have option of choosing the new DE org.(i.e in this DE org it contains the workflow rule which i cant make in another new DE org)

So can anyone find solution for me except the solution of Salesforce support.

LAM.

Message Edited by lamichhane.deep on 12-22-2008 10:41 PM
Hi all,

I got error message when i try to install the managed released package that was succesfully uploaded through the DE org.The org to be install is also DE org.

The error message that i got is

Package install error
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.

Missing Organization Feature: Email2Case

NOTE:
During creating the managed released package in the package requirement feature section the Email2Case
is auto-detected and its checked but i dont have the component Email2case.

so can u all help me in finding the solution.
Hi all,
I got error message when i try to upgrade the package that was succesfully uploaded.
The package was the managed-beta released package.

CASE 1:
AppExchange Package Not Found

The AppExchange package with ID {0} could not be found. Please try again later. If this error persists it may have been deleted by the owner. If you are installing this from a public AppExchange listing, please report this missing package to salesforce.com. If you are trying to install a privately shared package, please contact the package owner directly to resolve.

CASE 2:

Package Installer error.

Cannot upgrade Beta package.You cannot upgrade a beta package, because developers can make incompatible changes to a package that has been released as a beta. To install a newer version of the package, you must first uninstall the existing version.

So can you all help on finding the solution.
https://na1.salesforce.com/500/e?cas11=phone&cas3_lkid=0033000000V8Cao&cas4_lkid=0013000000MgNT3&cas7=New&cas8=Medium&CF00N30000002NWpk=24/7&CF00N30000002NWpk_lkid=a013000000NwlaM&retURL=/0033000000V9zDDAAZ&inline=1

In the above link.
cas11= :is for Case Origin.
cas3_lkid= :is for Contact ID.
cas4_lkid= :is Id for some field.
cas7= :is for Status.
cas8= :is for Priority.
CF00N30000002NWpk= :is for .....
Similarly.. what would the Field id Name for the Asset.

Similarly,Plz help me somebody for finding the feild id name for Asset.
Hi all,
I got error message when i try to upgrade the package that was succesfully uploaded.
The package was the managed-beta released package.

CASE 1:
AppExchange Package Not Found

The AppExchange package with ID {0} could not be found. Please try again later. If this error persists it may have been deleted by the owner. If you are installing this from a public AppExchange listing, please report this missing package to salesforce.com. If you are trying to install a privately shared package, please contact the package owner directly to resolve.

CASE 2:

Package Installer error.

Cannot upgrade Beta package.You cannot upgrade a beta package, because developers can make incompatible changes to a package that has been released as a beta. To install a newer version of the package, you must first uninstall the existing version.

So can you all help on finding the solution.
https://na1.salesforce.com/500/e?cas11=phone&cas3_lkid=0033000000V8Cao&cas4_lkid=0013000000MgNT3&cas7=New&cas8=Medium&CF00N30000002NWpk=24/7&CF00N30000002NWpk_lkid=a013000000NwlaM&retURL=/0033000000V9zDDAAZ&inline=1

In the above link.
cas11= :is for Case Origin.
cas3_lkid= :is for Contact ID.
cas4_lkid= :is Id for some field.
cas7= :is for Status.
cas8= :is for Priority.
CF00N30000002NWpk= :is for .....
Similarly.. what would the Field id Name for the Asset.

Similarly,Plz help me somebody for finding the feild id name for Asset.
I was wondering if anyone out there has gotten into the following situation, and if so, how did you get out of it:

I installed a managed beta package into one of my Developer Edition instances. This package contained several reports. After installation, at some point, I deleted one of the reports from my DE instance. First of all, should I have been able to do this? After all, the report is "managed" and therefore I didn't think I should have been able to delete it. Anyway, now that I have deleted this report, I am unable to uninstall the managed beta package. Every time I attempt to uninstall it, I get the following error:

Data export and uninstall of application MyApplication (Version Name 1.0.8) failed. Your attempt to uninstall could not be completed for the following reasons:
(00O40000001zhhy) could not be removed during uninstall.
Data Not Available: The data you were trying to access could not be found.  It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our <A href="javascript&colon;openPopupFocusEscapePounds('/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?body=%2Ftrain%2FonlineSupport.jsp&loc=support&showSplash=true', 'Help', 700, 600, 'width=700,height=600,resizable=yes,toolbar=yes,status=no,scrollbars=yes,menubar=yes,directories=no,location=no,dependant=no', false, false);" title="support (New Window)">support</a> page.:

I suspect the object ID listed in the error message is that of the report I deleted. I even tried reinstalling the same version of the managed beta package, which replaced the original report with a new instance of the same report, however, I still get the error referencing the original instance of the report. I am unable to upgrade to a new version of the package since it is in beta. So, I am stuck in a catch 22 here. I can't "upgrade" to a new version, nor can I uninstall the old version. Anyone have any suggestions. I've opened a case with Salesforce support, but I was wondering if anyone else out there might know of a way around this.
  • November 20, 2008