• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Here's a seemingly easy formula that I can't tweak to make it do what I would like.

We would like the first letter of a Solution field, Solution Title, to be capitalized. I'm setting up a validation rule to require this. Here's the Error Condition Formula:

OR(
BEGINS (SolutionName, "a" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "b" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "c" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "d" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "e" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "f" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "g" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "h" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "i" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "j" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "k" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "l" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "m" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "n" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "o" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "p" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "q" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "r" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "s" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "t" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "u" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "v" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "w" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "x" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "y" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "z" )
)

(Please forgive the weird spacing at the end of the above lines. I had to put spaces there so the forum wouldn't think I was trying to insert a smilie.)

Seems very straitforward, and it does what I would like. If they enter "here is a solution," it's going to throw an error and require them to enter "Here is a solution."

BUT, there are certain Solution Titles that we would like to allow to be lowercase. We have certain products that intentionally begin with a lowercase letter (like the iPod or eCommerce, that kind of thing). If the user enters a Solution Title that begins "iPods are really neat," I don't want to to throw out an error.

Any ideas? I thought I could get around this by using the NOT function or another OR function, but that seems to REQUIRE it to be "iPod" or "eCommerce" or whatever term I'm trying to tell it is okay.

Thanks!

Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:35 AM
Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:36 AM
Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:37 AM
  • April 22, 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to enable a workflow rule that will do the following: When a Case is created, or when the Case's Owner changes, I want to update a field labeled "Office" that identifies which global office has been assigned the case. This Office custom field is a picklist (and we all know how fun using formulas for picklists is).

So I created a workflow rule using the following formula and everything seemed like it turned out great:

CASE(  $User.Office__c   ,
"Americas", "Americas",

"France", "France",

etc. )

It seemed like it worked great. But then I discovered that it's not changing the Office field to display whatever the office of the user who has been assigned the case ... it's assigning it to the user who last edited the Case Owner field.

So if a user in France is assigned the case, and it should be handled by someone in America, so the user changes the ownership to an American user, the Office field is still going to read "France" because the user who changed it is in the French office.

Ow. Could anyone suggest a way to me to display in my custom field the Office of the user who has been assigned the case, not the user who last edited the Owner field?

Thanks!

Message Edited by TGH on 03-20-2009 10:52 AM
  • March 20, 2009

Hi,

We have a custom object hooked up to the Account object called "Environment." It basically tells our users what our customers current software environment is. We have a lookup field on our Cases that points to the Environment in question for a particular Case.

The problem is that whenever we update our Environment, the lookup is going to point to that Environment as it currently exists, not as it existed at the time of the Case.

To fix this, I'm trying to create a workflow rule that updates a text field on the Case object to display what the Environment's "Release #" is at the time of the Case. It's just a static field and we don't want it to change.

So I've set up a workflow rule for Cases with the criteria:

ISCHANGED(Environment__c)

(Where "Environment__c" is the lookup field on the Case.)

So when the "Environment__c" is chosen, it should update a standard text field "Static Release #" on the Case object to display what the "Release #" is on the Environment case.

What I'm trying to do with the field update workflow:

"Static Release #" = "Environment__r.Release#__c"

Of course, if I try to do that it tells me I need to pick a CASE() or ISPICKVAL() formula, and neither of those look remotely helpful.

Am I doing something wrong or is this beyond the realms of SFDC?

Message Edited by TGH on 02-26-2009 11:05 AM
  • February 26, 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to find a solution to hide a text box is a checkbox is checked. This is very similar to the dependent field relationships for picklists, but that feature isn't active for other field types. I thought I could build this using the following javascript, but no such luck. Whenever I try to create a new record, I can still see the dependent text field whether the checkbox is checked or not. Strangely, my syntax gives me no errors (it just doesn't do anything).

Here's my code:

<script>
<!--
function c(){}

function test(){
if({!Product2.Royalty__c}.checked){
{!Product2.Royalty_Vendors__c}.style.visibility="visible"
}
else{
{!Product2.Royalty_Vendors__c}.style.visibility="hidden"
}
}
//-->
</script>

• February 06, 2009

I am new to apex code but have written a trigger that updates a custom revenue field on the opportunity and that works as desired until the opportunity being updated has a close date in the past.  This is due to a validation rule that does fires whenever the close date is less than today.  I see that this is a common issue by searching these boards, but I have not found a solution.  Is there way to writer the validation rule so that it does not fire if a particular field is being updated, or if the update is caused by the trigger?

With my limited knowledge, I cannot figure out a way around this error and subsequently no update by the trigger.  I'd really appreciate some ideas on how to manage this issue.  Thanks!

This is the validation rule:

AND(
OR (
ISPICKVAL(StageName ,"Job Dispatched"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName ,"Waiting for Approval"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName ,"Searching for sub"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName ,"Waiting for Approval"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName ,"Approval Received - Need Contractor"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName ,"Priority - Searching for Sub"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName ,"Proposal/Price Quote")),
CloseDate < TODAY(),
IF(OR(ISNEW(), ISNULL(Id)), if(ConnectionReceivedId =null, TRUE, FALSE),NOT(AND(ISCHANGED(ConnectionReceivedId), NOT(ConnectionReceivedId = null)))),

NOT(Contains($User.Alias, "pnet"))
)

I have installed "Find Nearby Accounts" in a sandbox org.  The app is installed and working, somewhat.  Mass Locate Accounts is giving me problems.  I have just over 3000 accounts.  The "Mass Locate Accounts" tab keeps telling me I've exceeded the number of API call's for a 24 hour period.  If I restart the "Mass Locate Accounts" function, it starts again, but eventually I get the same error.  Not sure if this is a sandbox issue, or will be an issue in prod as well.  Anyone else having this problem?

• November 12, 2009

Is there a way i can find reports that have not been accessed in last n days?

Thanks

/G

Here's a seemingly easy formula that I can't tweak to make it do what I would like.

We would like the first letter of a Solution field, Solution Title, to be capitalized. I'm setting up a validation rule to require this. Here's the Error Condition Formula:

OR(
BEGINS (SolutionName, "a" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "b" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "c" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "d" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "e" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "f" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "g" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "h" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "i" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "j" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "k" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "l" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "m" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "n" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "o" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "p" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "q" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "r" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "s" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "t" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "u" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "v" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "w" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "x" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "y" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "z" )
)

(Please forgive the weird spacing at the end of the above lines. I had to put spaces there so the forum wouldn't think I was trying to insert a smilie.)

Seems very straitforward, and it does what I would like. If they enter "here is a solution," it's going to throw an error and require them to enter "Here is a solution."

BUT, there are certain Solution Titles that we would like to allow to be lowercase. We have certain products that intentionally begin with a lowercase letter (like the iPod or eCommerce, that kind of thing). If the user enters a Solution Title that begins "iPods are really neat," I don't want to to throw out an error.

Any ideas? I thought I could get around this by using the NOT function or another OR function, but that seems to REQUIRE it to be "iPod" or "eCommerce" or whatever term I'm trying to tell it is okay.

Thanks!

Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:35 AM
Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:36 AM
Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:37 AM
  • April 22, 2009

One of our users wants a view over the Recycle Bin.  Is that possible?

Hi,

I'm trying to enable a workflow rule that will do the following: When a Case is created, or when the Case's Owner changes, I want to update a field labeled "Office" that identifies which global office has been assigned the case. This Office custom field is a picklist (and we all know how fun using formulas for picklists is).

So I created a workflow rule using the following formula and everything seemed like it turned out great:

CASE(  $User.Office__c   ,
"Americas", "Americas",

"France", "France",

etc. )

It seemed like it worked great. But then I discovered that it's not changing the Office field to display whatever the office of the user who has been assigned the case ... it's assigning it to the user who last edited the Case Owner field.

So if a user in France is assigned the case, and it should be handled by someone in America, so the user changes the ownership to an American user, the Office field is still going to read "France" because the user who changed it is in the French office.

Ow. Could anyone suggest a way to me to display in my custom field the Office of the user who has been assigned the case, not the user who last edited the Owner field?

Thanks!

Message Edited by TGH on 03-20-2009 10:52 AM
  • March 20, 2009

Hi,

We have a custom object hooked up to the Account object called "Environment." It basically tells our users what our customers current software environment is. We have a lookup field on our Cases that points to the Environment in question for a particular Case.

The problem is that whenever we update our Environment, the lookup is going to point to that Environment as it currently exists, not as it existed at the time of the Case.

To fix this, I'm trying to create a workflow rule that updates a text field on the Case object to display what the Environment's "Release #" is at the time of the Case. It's just a static field and we don't want it to change.

So I've set up a workflow rule for Cases with the criteria:

ISCHANGED(Environment__c)

(Where "Environment__c" is the lookup field on the Case.)

So when the "Environment__c" is chosen, it should update a standard text field "Static Release #" on the Case object to display what the "Release #" is on the Environment case.

What I'm trying to do with the field update workflow:

"Static Release #" = "Environment__r.Release#__c"

Of course, if I try to do that it tells me I need to pick a CASE() or ISPICKVAL() formula, and neither of those look remotely helpful.

Am I doing something wrong or is this beyond the realms of SFDC?

Message Edited by TGH on 02-26-2009 11:05 AM
  • February 26, 2009

I have a sandbox on a production system that I've been able to successfully use with the Apex Data Loader and the Eclipse Force IDE for several months.

Today, I can no longer login to my sandbox account with either tool.  I reset my security token, but I still cannot login.  I am able to login to the production system without problems with these tools.  I can also login to the sandbox from the Browser without problems.

Please help!

Thanks,

Dave

Hi,

I'm trying to find a solution to hide a text box is a checkbox is checked. This is very similar to the dependent field relationships for picklists, but that feature isn't active for other field types. I thought I could build this using the following javascript, but no such luck. Whenever I try to create a new record, I can still see the dependent text field whether the checkbox is checked or not. Strangely, my syntax gives me no errors (it just doesn't do anything).

Here's my code:

<script>
<!--
function c(){}

function test(){
if({!Product2.Royalty__c}.checked){
{!Product2.Royalty_Vendors__c}.style.visibility="visible"
}
else{
{!Product2.Royalty_Vendors__c}.style.visibility="hidden"
}
}
//-->
</script>

• February 06, 2009
There is an option in the validation rules to return all charachters in a field capitalized. Is there any way that I can set this up so that it only capitalizes the first charachter in the field? like for names....

Thanx!
Fraidy
I have two fields - one in a standard object and one in a custom object.

When the value for the field in the standard object is populated I would like the corresponding field in the custom object to be updated with the same value.  Is there a way to do this?
I am looking to create a formula that will capitalize the first letter of each sentence in a field.

It would change:
customer wants a refund to
Customer Wants A Refund

Is there any formula that can do this?
Hi,

Is there any way to know if an attachment is added in salesforce? I am creatin an application to process cases and its attchemnt created/updated in salesforce. We are using outbound messaging to know whenever a new case is created/updated but we cant create an outbound message when an attahcment is added to a case.

Can anyone suggest a way to let my application know when an attachment is added to the case.

Thanks
GM
  • January 29, 2008

Any idea why I get a "field integrity exception" error when I try to update SOME PricebookEntry objects?  It doesn't happen for all Pricebooks/PricebookEntry objects, just some, but I can't figure out whether there's a pattern.  I'm definitely using a valid PricebookEntryId.  Any ideas are appreciated.