• topalovich.com

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,  

We would like to be able to search our apex class and trigger source code.   The purpose would be to locate code routines that might be useful in current work and to speed the resolution of bugs and other issues.  Please let me know if this is possible.  I wrote code to iterate through our apex class objects and found the source code line property on the object to contain obfuscated or truncated data.  Please let me know if there is any way to accomplish this.

Thanks, Dave

I make heavy use of CSV files as Static Resources for loading data for unit tests. Recently, and only in one specific sandbox instance, I have started to receive the following error at compile:

Method does not exist or incorrect signature: Test.loadData(Schema.SObjectType, String)

This happens on an reference to Test.loadData, and it is happening in a test class that had previously compiled and was deployed to production. Even if I simply just open and then save the test class without making any changes, I get a compile error on the Test.loadData methods.

The sandbox instance is cs14. The test class API version is 33, but I get the error in API version 34 as well. I have received this error in Developer Console, the UI, and the Force.com IDE.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Let's forget for a moment that the EventAttendee object has become the bane of my existence and see if there are any creative workarounds out there for the following scenario:

1. I have an Event with one or more EventAttendees - i.e. Users that have been added as Invitees to an Event and have received an email notification when the creator of the Event clicks the 'Save and Send Update'  on a new Event
  2. I currently programmatically reference EventAttendee.Status from a controller/VisualForce page to determine whether an Invitee has Accepted or Declined said Event, but I now have a need to perform an action the moment an Event is Accepted or Declined
  3. I want to trigger an action when EventAttendee.Status changes
  4. I tried to establish an After Update trigger on EventAttendee, but received a message stating that Salesforce was not pleased with what I was trying to accomplish (sObject Type does not allow triggers: EventAttendee)

I suppose I could write a series of triggers or scheduled jobs on the related objects that need to know what's up with the EventAttendee status to go out and retrieve that information based on some event, but that is bad design and leaves gaps in the process.  EventAttendee isn't accessible by Workflow Rules, either.

Does anyone know if changes to an EventAttendee can be listened for at the Event level?  I.e. if I wrote an After Update trigger for Event, would it catch changes to EventAttendees?

Does anyone have any other creative ideas that might keep me from jumping off of a cliff?

Another issue that just popped up after the Winter '12 upgrade is that I noticed that the apex:outputLink element, when there is no text between the opening and closing tags, will by default render the value of the 'value' attribute (i.e. the URL being referenced) as visible text in the HTML anchor tag.

So this code:

<apex:outputLink value="http://forcearchitects.deliveredinnovation.com" title="Force Architects: Cloud Computing and Salesforce Architecture Blog by Delivered Innovation" target="_blank" styleClass="menu_blog" rel="nofollow" />

Renders this HTML:

<a class="menu_blog" target="_blank" title="Force Architects: Cloud Computing and Salesforce Architecture Blog by Delivered Innovation" rel="nofollow" href="http://forcearchitects.deliveredinnovation.com">http://forcearchitects.deliveredinnovation.com</a>

While this code:

<apex:outputLinkvalue="http://forcearchitects.deliveredinnovation.com" title="Force Architects: Cloud Computing and Salesforce Architecture Blog by Delivered Innovation" target="_blank" styleClass="menu_blog" rel="nofollow"> _ </apex:outputLink>

Renders this HTML:

<a class="rssLinkSprite" target="_blank" title="Subscribe to Delivered Innovation with RSS" rel="nofollow" href="http://feeds2.feedburner.com/forcearchitects"> _</a>

The behavior prior to the Winter '12 upgrade was to simply render an empty anchor (the hyperlink is on the container element).  Now it inserts the full URL as text in the anchor tag.  Is this the new expected behavior of the element?  I don't see any documentation spelling this out.

The following code is somehow causing an Internal Server Error at runtime, and is now preventing the VisualForce from successfull compiling:

<apex:outputText rendered="{!(pageCategories.size > 0)}">

Error: siteContent line 780, column 14: The value of attribute "rendered" associated with an element type "apex:outputText" must not contain the '<' character.

The variable 'pageCategories' is a List, and I am rendering this element only if the list size is greater than 0.  I realize there are other ways to achieve this, but this code has been in place since Winter '11, and only stopped working after the Winter '12 upgrade.  I would like to get to the root cause of this.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Mike

Hi, SFDC community.  Long time listener, first time caller.

We just discovered something during QA that I was hoping someone could provide insight into - after creating an unmanaged package, uploading it, and then downloading it to a number of EE and DE orgs for testing, we found that the core functionality of the app works, but none of the packaged reports retained a critical value in the packaging / installation process and are all rendered useless.  That value is 'Display' under the 'Custom Summary Formulas' section of the summary information / summary type section of the report ('Select Columns to Total' / 'Step 3: Select the information to summarize)...the checkbox is unchecked in reports installed by the unmanaged package when it should be checked.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Can you point me to another thread on the topic?  I have tried every combination of keywords I could think of, but I can't find anything out there that resembles this problem.

Thank you,

Michael Topalovich
Delivered Innovation

I've started dabling in Lightning Components and worked through a tutorial last year and have done one of the trailheads a few days.  So I know how to code basic Lightning components and apps.  And I see in the metadata that these become AuraDefinitionBundles.  I also so an example of some code where a bit of JS is added to an empty VF page and that always a Lightning Component to be spun up inside a VF page.

What I want to do is take an exist VF page that is exposed to the internet as a SF "Sites" application and port it to Lightning.  What I included in the prior paragaph leads me to believe the page is codable.  Here's what I don't know.  When a Sites application is configured, you have to tell it what it has access to-- VF pages, Apex controllers, objects and fields, etc.  I don't know how you would give it access to the Aura bundle.  (Unless it's totally implicit and you don't have to and it automatically gets acces.)

Can anyone address the question of how to configure and deploy Sites application that includes a VF page that spins up an Lightning Component?

I make heavy use of CSV files as Static Resources for loading data for unit tests. Recently, and only in one specific sandbox instance, I have started to receive the following error at compile:

Method does not exist or incorrect signature: Test.loadData(Schema.SObjectType, String)

This happens on an reference to Test.loadData, and it is happening in a test class that had previously compiled and was deployed to production. Even if I simply just open and then save the test class without making any changes, I get a compile error on the Test.loadData methods.

The sandbox instance is cs14. The test class API version is 33, but I get the error in API version 34 as well. I have received this error in Developer Console, the UI, and the Force.com IDE.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Let's forget for a moment that the EventAttendee object has become the bane of my existence and see if there are any creative workarounds out there for the following scenario:

1. I have an Event with one or more EventAttendees - i.e. Users that have been added as Invitees to an Event and have received an email notification when the creator of the Event clicks the 'Save and Send Update'  on a new Event
  2. I currently programmatically reference EventAttendee.Status from a controller/VisualForce page to determine whether an Invitee has Accepted or Declined said Event, but I now have a need to perform an action the moment an Event is Accepted or Declined
  3. I want to trigger an action when EventAttendee.Status changes
  4. I tried to establish an After Update trigger on EventAttendee, but received a message stating that Salesforce was not pleased with what I was trying to accomplish (sObject Type does not allow triggers: EventAttendee)

I suppose I could write a series of triggers or scheduled jobs on the related objects that need to know what's up with the EventAttendee status to go out and retrieve that information based on some event, but that is bad design and leaves gaps in the process.  EventAttendee isn't accessible by Workflow Rules, either.

Does anyone know if changes to an EventAttendee can be listened for at the Event level?  I.e. if I wrote an After Update trigger for Event, would it catch changes to EventAttendees?

Does anyone have any other creative ideas that might keep me from jumping off of a cliff?

I had thought I saw something in the Summer '11 API documentation that said EventAttendee was creatable.  But, I checked the current API docs and it does not say that EventAttendee is creatable.  I tried a little ad-hoc Apex test anyway and I was not able to insert an EventAttendee record.

Is it still impossible to create a record in EventAttendee with code?

Another issue that just popped up after the Winter '12 upgrade is that I noticed that the apex:outputLink element, when there is no text between the opening and closing tags, will by default render the value of the 'value' attribute (i.e. the URL being referenced) as visible text in the HTML anchor tag.

So this code:

<apex:outputLink value="http://forcearchitects.deliveredinnovation.com" title="Force Architects: Cloud Computing and Salesforce Architecture Blog by Delivered Innovation" target="_blank" styleClass="menu_blog" rel="nofollow" />

Renders this HTML:

<a class="menu_blog" target="_blank" title="Force Architects: Cloud Computing and Salesforce Architecture Blog by Delivered Innovation" rel="nofollow" href="http://forcearchitects.deliveredinnovation.com">http://forcearchitects.deliveredinnovation.com</a>

While this code:

<apex:outputLinkvalue="http://forcearchitects.deliveredinnovation.com" title="Force Architects: Cloud Computing and Salesforce Architecture Blog by Delivered Innovation" target="_blank" styleClass="menu_blog" rel="nofollow"> _ </apex:outputLink>

Renders this HTML:

<a class="rssLinkSprite" target="_blank" title="Subscribe to Delivered Innovation with RSS" rel="nofollow" href="http://feeds2.feedburner.com/forcearchitects"> _</a>

The behavior prior to the Winter '12 upgrade was to simply render an empty anchor (the hyperlink is on the container element).  Now it inserts the full URL as text in the anchor tag.  Is this the new expected behavior of the element?  I don't see any documentation spelling this out.

The following code is somehow causing an Internal Server Error at runtime, and is now preventing the VisualForce from successfull compiling:

<apex:outputText rendered="{!(pageCategories.size > 0)}">

Error: siteContent line 780, column 14: The value of attribute "rendered" associated with an element type "apex:outputText" must not contain the '<' character.

The variable 'pageCategories' is a List, and I am rendering this element only if the list size is greater than 0.  I realize there are other ways to achieve this, but this code has been in place since Winter '11, and only stopped working after the Winter '12 upgrade.  I would like to get to the root cause of this.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Mike

Hi,

We are very excited to see APEX REST going GA in the Winter '12 release.

Special thanks to all developers that took the time to use the new feature and provide valuable feedback to our team. We really appreciate your participation in the pilot. Also we look forward to future collaboration. Thank you!

As you know, Apex REST API was previously available as a pilot in Summer'11. As a pilot release, we gather feedback and make adjustments prior to final GA releases. Below is an update we made in APEX REST prior to GA - please review it:

* Cookie support has been removed from RestRequest and RestResponse. The addCookie method and cookies property have been removed from both of these classes, and use of the following headers in the addHeader method isn't allowed: "cookie", "set-cookie", "set-cookie2", "content-length" and "authorization". Our security team felt this led to a more secure design overall.

If you participated in the Summer '11 pilot release please review your implementation to account for this update.

For more information about Apex REST, see the Force.com Apex Code Developer's Guide.

Thank you,

API Team

• September 27, 2011

hi folks,  i   installed, force.com ide on  in eclispe indigo,  whwn i tried  to open the window  for it,  its  getting stuck  and  stays  un resopnsive  till i  forece close  it,    please  send  me a solution

• August 11, 2011

Hi,

CastIron Vs Jitterbit Integration tools:

Can any one explain the differences between these two integration tools?

Hi All,

I need to fire a parent object trigger  when i make changes to child object records.Is it possible ?

• August 02, 2011

Is it possible to post to a colaboration group via apex. i have a trigger on task that need to post to a group not all of chatter. Im most confused how i would handle the insert post command.