• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all,

I have created a custom button for a link that is a related list, however I have records from the related list on 2 pages. When I am on the 2nd page of the related list and click into a record and I hit my button it takes me back to the first page of the related list instead of back to the 2nd page. Is there anyway I can write my formula so it will take me back to either the 1st or 2nd page? Here is my button link

https://na2.salesforce.com/a0w?rlid=00N40000001n7Rf&id={!Trade_Calender__c.AccountId__c}

The '00N40000001n7Rf&id' is my page reference but it is only for the 1st page of the related list.

i hope this make sense, any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Fahad

Does anyone know how to delete apex classes and triggers out of production? I logged into the sandbox, deleted the apex classes and triggers and then tried to use IDE to delete the same classes and triggers but I only see the option to add or overwrite, not delete. Can anyone assist me with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fahad

Hello everyone,

I am trying to add a simple date picker to my existing visualforce page and/or apex code. Our resource set up a nice grid using apex code and visualforce page, and unfortunately he is no longer around. I am not too familiar with using the code/page so any help would be appreciated! He created a apex code, page, and mycontroller extension. I want to simply add a datepicker so when you click into date field a datepicker pops up. Please let me know how this is done and whether you need the code or the page. I can copy and paste into here. Thanks very much!!

Fahd

Hello all,

Our organization has developed a custom grid we use, that is a apex class. We then use a visualforce page to display the class in an object. The issue is that you can't place your cursor anywhere in many of the rows on the grid to enter data. For example, in the very first box 'planogram or display style' you are able to place your cursor anywhere in the box to enter data, however for OTB # of Shelves you have to place your cursor all the way to the left of the box. Is this a page issue? How do I resolve this? Please help! Thanks!

Updating list...
 Planogram or Display StyleCheckout TypeQuantityOTB# of ShelvesOTB-Shelf Length in InchesOTB - # WW SKU's per disp locationOTB - WW Inches per disp locationRight - Number of ShelvesRight - Shelf Length in InchesRight - # WW SKU's per disp locationRight - WW Inches per disp location
--None--Regular Express Self-scan Other

Hello,

I have just downloaded Eclipse 3.5 SDK. Can someone please guide me to how to connect this to my sandbox? I am having difficulty finding any instructions on this, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fahad

Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone out there knows of any free data loading tools (aside the standard SFDC data loader) that can replicate data and synching data, be able to schedule import/export jobs,  please let me know. Our organization exports and imports a very large amount of data on a quarterly basis, and we need a tool that can essentially automate this process. We tried IOD (Informatica on Demand) which was excellent, however since we are doing this just 4 times in the year, we could not justify the cost. I am curious to see if such a tool is out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Fahad

Hello,

I am trying to create a workflow with a field update that basically combines the month of the current date and the year of the current date. I have the field set up as a number, and this is the formula I am using. For some reason I am getting an error message. Below is the formula, what am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

MONTH(TODAY()) & "" & YEAR(TODAY())

I have created a workflow that merges 2 fields in an object in a seperate field. So for example I have a field that is called Full name that merges First name and last name. What I want to do is to create a workflow that says if the value in Full name already exists, do not let the user save. Any suggestions?

I am trying to create a workflow that will essentitally create a version if a record has been edited. For example in my setup I have a object that has a number field from 1-13. If any of those 13 fields are edited I want to set up something where I can say version 1. If any one of those fields are edited again I want to say version 2. I created a field called version as well. What is the best way to do this?

IF((Ischanged Period_1_c, period_2_c), Version_c + 1, Version_c)

something like this? This logic didn't work when I tried it. Let me know if anyone has any helpful suggestions! Thanks guys!

:-)

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove or hide the home tab? I tried to remove it from my application and it says the home tab is required and can not be removed. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Thanks for your help

Fahad

I have created a workflow that checks to see whether a date is less than today, if it is then an email is generated to the owner. I also have set up a time based workflow in addition to the other workflow that sends an email to the owner 24 hours prior to that date.

I created a dummy record and made the date equal to tommorow, thinking I would get an email saying this was 24 hour prior to that date, but I haven't received any email yet. What could possibly be causing this error?

Any thoughts please help! Thanks

Wanted to know if it was possible to lock a field within an object depending on the value of  another field within the same object. For example I have a field called a field called "Year" which is a picklist and there is another field called "Version" which is simpy a number field (Version and Year are not related but in the same object). I want to be able to say if "Year" equals value x make the "Version" field locked. Is this possible and what is the best practice to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I am interested in learning APEX, S-Controls, API, etc. but I don't know where to start. How do I learn this and are there materials I can read to help get me started? Is there a high demand in the market for these skills? Please help! Thanks

I was interested in getting my certification in sfdc. I just wanted to know if this was worth doing and what the benefits would be to my career and to my company if I did do this. I basically want to have some points I can talk thru when I bring this up to my manager to convince him why this certification will help my company. I am currently one of a very few admins that use salesforce at my company. I also want to know how I can learn APEX, S-Controls and the development piece of SFDC. I have the configuration down pretty well, but am lacking the development skills to take my skillset to the next level. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hello everyone!

Wanted to know if it is possible to run a workflow that runs at a certain time, a certain day of the week. Right now, I have set up a workflow that checks a date field and if that date field is less than todays date it will generate an email to the owner. However, this workflow is only triggered when a record is created or edited or when it did not previously meet that criteria. I want to run this workflow at least once a week. I looked into the time dependant workflow but that will not work since you can only choose to run that workflow before or after the date. Any ideas/suggestions?

Hello,

I am trying to create a field update for 2 fields in an object. One field is called status and is a picklist and the other field is called probability which is simply a percent field. I am trying to create a field update that says when status is changed to "completed", then make the probability equal to 100. Here is the formula I created below:

IF (ISPICKVAL( Status__c ,"Completed") , Probability__c = 100)

I am getting this error message: Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function IF(). Expected 3, received 2

Can somebody help me?

Hello,

I want to display more than 15 fields in a custom view I am creating. Is there anyway to do this? Why is there a limit of only 15 fields that can be displayed? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fahad

I was interested in getting my certification in sfdc. I just wanted to know if this was worth doing and what the benefits would be to my career and to my company if I did do this. I basically want to have some points I can talk thru when I bring this up to my manager to convince him why this certification will help my company. I am currently one of a very few admins that use salesforce at my company. I also want to know how I can learn APEX, S-Controls and the development piece of SFDC. I have the configuration down pretty well, but am lacking the development skills to take my skillset to the next level. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Does anyone know how to delete apex classes and triggers out of production? I logged into the sandbox, deleted the apex classes and triggers and then tried to use IDE to delete the same classes and triggers but I only see the option to add or overwrite, not delete. Can anyone assist me with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fahad

Hello everyone,

I am trying to add a simple date picker to my existing visualforce page and/or apex code. Our resource set up a nice grid using apex code and visualforce page, and unfortunately he is no longer around. I am not too familiar with using the code/page so any help would be appreciated! He created a apex code, page, and mycontroller extension. I want to simply add a datepicker so when you click into date field a datepicker pops up. Please let me know how this is done and whether you need the code or the page. I can copy and paste into here. Thanks very much!!

Fahd

Hello,

I have just downloaded Eclipse 3.5 SDK. Can someone please guide me to how to connect this to my sandbox? I am having difficulty finding any instructions on this, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fahad

Hello,

I am trying to create a workflow with a field update that basically combines the month of the current date and the year of the current date. I have the field set up as a number, and this is the formula I am using. For some reason I am getting an error message. Below is the formula, what am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

MONTH(TODAY()) & "" & YEAR(TODAY())

I have created a workflow that checks to see whether a date is less than today, if it is then an email is generated to the owner. I also have set up a time based workflow in addition to the other workflow that sends an email to the owner 24 hours prior to that date.

I created a dummy record and made the date equal to tommorow, thinking I would get an email saying this was 24 hour prior to that date, but I haven't received any email yet. What could possibly be causing this error?

Any thoughts please help! Thanks

I have a custom object, named obj,

and it has 10000 reocrds in it.

when I go to Data Management - Mass Delete Records

Mass Delete Obj is not there. I checked the profile settings, I have permission to delete Obj record.

can anyone give a hint?

• February 20, 2009

Hello,

I am trying to create a field update for 2 fields in an object. One field is called status and is a picklist and the other field is called probability which is simply a percent field. I am trying to create a field update that says when status is changed to "completed", then make the probability equal to 100. Here is the formula I created below:

IF (ISPICKVAL( Status__c ,"Completed") , Probability__c = 100)

I am getting this error message: Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function IF(). Expected 3, received 2

Can somebody help me?