• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello

I have some Batch Apex which I need to execute once, as part of the initialisation of existing Contact records for a new development, but I do not know how to run it. Support have been less than helpful. Can anyone on this board help, please?

I mean I need to know how best to execute the Apex script that contains this code:

MailingPreferencesBatchUpdater mpbu = new MailingPreferencesBatchUpdater();
  Database.executeBatch(mpbu);

I have consideredputtin gthe code in a Trigger on some object type that we do not currently use (so I would create an instance of that object to trigger the batch), but that feels wrong.

I have considered the Apex Scheduler, but I do not have access to that and I do not really know whether it would do the job.

It's getting urgent as we go Live with this project at the end of this year.

Thanks

Steve

Hello

I am using the Eclipse IDE and CVS to manage our Salesforce configuration. What I find is that everytime I refresh from the SF Server, all the elements on the IDE appear to have been changed compared to CVS. It happens even if I Refresh From Server -> Commit -> Refresh From Server. The changes are not real - Eclipse highlights the leading whitespace on every line as being different. On a given line, there is the same number of whitespace characters between CVS and the SF Server so visually the two lines are identical.

This makes the Eclipse / CVS tools for comparing files pretty much useless. All elements are marked as changed so it is next to impossible to spot which elements have really been changed. And as for spotting the details of real changes, one may as well forget it.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I do not know whether it is is CVS configuration, Eclipse configuration, or SF configuration.

Thanks

Steve

Hello

I have been using the IDE to merge two SF environments and I am getting validation errors:

cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'ReportFolder'.

cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'DashboardFolder'.

cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'DocumentFolder'.

These happen against all the -meta.xml files in src/reports, src/dashboards, and src/documents, respectively. These files have not themselves been changed.

The errors seem to be significant because one of the changed dashboards complains that its new report cannot be found, even though the path names look OK to me

Our main development has been happening in a Sandbox, but the business have also been making changes in Live, since the sandbox was refreshed. I am trying to get all their changes merged from Live into the Sandbox for final testing before deployment. I created a Force.com project in the IDE for each environment and then compared the projects and copied changes from the Live project to the Sandbox project.

The changes included changes to Dashboards and to Reports, but not to Documents, so it is especially surprising to see the latter amongst these errors!

Does anyone know what these messages mean? And of course, how to fix them?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi

I am posting this to make people aware of an IDE deployment issue, and also in the hope that it will get fixed. I don't think it has been posted before...

I had a deployment error deploying from one sandbox to another using the IDE. The source sandbox was where we are developing and the destination was where we are testing.

In the Case object, we had created a custom field "Cancellation Reason" which uses a standard field "Status" as a controlling field. We had added an extra value to Status: "Cancelled". The Case object would not deploy because it said "Cancelled" was not a valid value for "Status". To solve this, we manually added "Cancelled" to the values in the destination "Status" and tried again - the problem was fixed.

The IDE deployment process should be able to see that the new "Status" value was going to be deployed and not just relied on what was already in the destination.

The IDE is the version for Spring '09, but is was happening in the previous version too.

Steve

Hello

I have some Batch Apex which I need to execute once, as part of the initialisation of existing Contact records for a new development, but I do not know how to run it. Support have been less than helpful. Can anyone on this board help, please?

I mean I need to know how best to execute the Apex script that contains this code:

MailingPreferencesBatchUpdater mpbu = new MailingPreferencesBatchUpdater();
  Database.executeBatch(mpbu);

I have consideredputtin gthe code in a Trigger on some object type that we do not currently use (so I would create an instance of that object to trigger the batch), but that feels wrong.

I have considered the Apex Scheduler, but I do not have access to that and I do not really know whether it would do the job.

It's getting urgent as we go Live with this project at the end of this year.

Thanks

Steve

Please help. Thank you in advance.

I am using an Enterprise Edition and I am  getting the exception "REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED" when the API requests last 24 hrs is very low? Any idea why it is happening?

I try to use Apex Explorer 8 to login and it's also failed with the same exception.

Message Edited by etrigue on 08-27-2009 03:08 PM
Message Edited by etrigue on 08-27-2009 04:59 PM

Hello

I am using the Eclipse IDE and CVS to manage our Salesforce configuration. What I find is that everytime I refresh from the SF Server, all the elements on the IDE appear to have been changed compared to CVS. It happens even if I Refresh From Server -> Commit -> Refresh From Server. The changes are not real - Eclipse highlights the leading whitespace on every line as being different. On a given line, there is the same number of whitespace characters between CVS and the SF Server so visually the two lines are identical.

This makes the Eclipse / CVS tools for comparing files pretty much useless. All elements are marked as changed so it is next to impossible to spot which elements have really been changed. And as for spotting the details of real changes, one may as well forget it.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I do not know whether it is is CVS configuration, Eclipse configuration, or SF configuration.

Thanks

Steve

Hello

I have been using the IDE to merge two SF environments and I am getting validation errors:

cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'ReportFolder'.

cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'DashboardFolder'.

cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'DocumentFolder'.

These happen against all the -meta.xml files in src/reports, src/dashboards, and src/documents, respectively. These files have not themselves been changed.

The errors seem to be significant because one of the changed dashboards complains that its new report cannot be found, even though the path names look OK to me

Our main development has been happening in a Sandbox, but the business have also been making changes in Live, since the sandbox was refreshed. I am trying to get all their changes merged from Live into the Sandbox for final testing before deployment. I created a Force.com project in the IDE for each environment and then compared the projects and copied changes from the Live project to the Sandbox project.

The changes included changes to Dashboards and to Reports, but not to Documents, so it is especially surprising to see the latter amongst these errors!

Does anyone know what these messages mean? And of course, how to fix them?

Thanks!

Steve