• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am trying to integrate one of our applications with SalesForce. I am quite new with SaleForce and I have basic knowledge of Apex and Visualforce, so please have mercy.

My preference would be to push data to our application (either REST/SOAP). I've learned that REST has a limit of 100kB on message body. Here are my questions:

1) Is there similar limitation on SOAP?
2) What other options are there to integrate with external applications. I understand I could use SF WS API and pull data when we need. What discourages me is 2,000 record limit. There is instance when we would need to send 10,000 records and I want to keep it sweet and simple for now. I want to keep our system API agnostic from SF.
3) Is it possible to open TCP/IP connection from Apex?

Any suggestions are welcome. I searched Apex documentation but couldn't find anything about SOAP size limit (there was something about 52MB but that was for incoming SOAP from external system, I guess).

Thanks,

Tomas
Hi,

I am trying to integrate one of our applications with SalesForce. I am quite new with SaleForce and I have basic knowledge of Apex and Visualforce, so please have mercy.

My preference would be to push data to our application (either REST/SOAP). I've learned that REST has a limit of 100kB on message body. Here are my questions:

1) Is there similar limitation on SOAP?
2) What other options are there to integrate with external applications. I understand I could use SF WS API and pull data when we need. What discourages me is 2,000 record limit. There is instance when we would need to send 10,000 records and I want to keep it sweet and simple for now. I want to keep our system API agnostic from SF.
3) Is it possible to open TCP/IP connection from Apex?

Any suggestions are welcome. I searched Apex documentation but couldn't find anything about SOAP size limit (there was something about 52MB but that was for incoming SOAP from external system, I guess).

Thanks,

Tomas