• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
So, I'm just getting my feet wet with web services and there is one thing that I can't seem to figure out. I get how to accept data to my web service as XML but what if I just wanted a string of variables posted? I.e. my web service currently looks like this:

global class TestWebServ {
webService static string getInfo(String info) {
Account a = new Account(name = 'Test Information', description = info);
insert a;
return 'Completed!';
}
}

I would like to send data to this service by simply posting to:

https://address_to_web/service?something=part1&somethingelse=part2&onemorething=part3

Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • January 15, 2009
I'm working on developing some custom-customer portal things and one of the hiccups I've found is not having the ability to remove a contact from an account once it becomes a portal user. Is this the case for you? Am I missing something here that everyone else is seeing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jesse Middleton
  • January 13, 2009
So, I have a question and the answer could be quite simple but I haven't found it. I am looking to do something that is similar to what the "Salesforce -> Gmail" link does when the App is activated.

I would like to place a link next to a certain type of text... In this case it's next to attachments. So when viewing an attachment and it says, "Click here to view this file", I'd like to also put a link next to that.

Since I'm a bit new to this area of development, I figured I'd ask if anyone could point me in the right direction. See, not so bad. :) Thanks for your help in advance.
  • December 17, 2008
So, I'm just getting my feet wet with web services and there is one thing that I can't seem to figure out. I get how to accept data to my web service as XML but what if I just wanted a string of variables posted? I.e. my web service currently looks like this:

global class TestWebServ {
webService static string getInfo(String info) {
Account a = new Account(name = 'Test Information', description = info);
insert a;
return 'Completed!';
}
}

I would like to send data to this service by simply posting to:

https://address_to_web/service?something=part1&somethingelse=part2&onemorething=part3

Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • January 15, 2009
I read a tutorial about migrating custom objects, pages, etc., but I'm not sure if custom fiscal years can be transferred, and how that can be done. So, basic question: Is there a method for transferring custom fiscal years to production from a sandbox? (Typically, I keep track of and redo my sandbox modifications in the production environment, which is not the most effective way to 'transfer' changes. In fact, it's rather ridiculous.)

Please note, I don't have a whole lot of experience with Eclipse, if that is involved in the solution.

Kindly advise if you have any suggestions for better methods.

Thanks!
Is there a way to use Custom Labels in a Custom Object?
Hello,

I want to post data like contact information of the customer and his interest in our services.
Please help me to which url i shoyuld submit the data and any oother information and fields to submit the data.
It will be helpful to me if we give any code snippet.

Thanks,
Smi

• December 17, 2008
Hello folks,
Is there a defined approach or a way to integrate salesforce with mainframes systems ?? Any hints or directions will be helpful.

Thanks,
Arun

I need to send a SMS to the mobile number which is stored in Contact record(This should be done automatically after creating the Contact), Is it possible in Apex Trigger ?

Please give your suggestion!
  • December 15, 2008