• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can an inner class access an instance variable of its outer class?

I have a bit of code which, simplified, looks like this. In context, it produces the error " Method does not exist or incorrect signature" on line 8, but for some reason this simplified version produces the error "User-defined type not allowed here" on line 4.

The apex manual says "Inner classes can have instance member variables like outer classes, but there is no implicit pointer to an instance of the outer class (using the this

keyword)." (link)

1: public class MyClass {
2: public Map<String,Statistical_Datum__c> dataMap;
3:
4: public class Datum {
5: Statistical_Datum__c datumObject;
6:
7: public Datum( String statistic ) {
8: datumObject = dataMap.get( statistic );
9: }
10: }
11: }

I am trying to install the PHP Toolkit 11.0 under Mac OS X Server 10.5.2 using the standard PHP 5.2.4 and Apache 2.2.6 installations. I have CURL and OpenSSL working, they were doing so in the default installation. However I can't seem to get SOAP to enable itself. I downloaded the PHP source and compiled soap.so and installed it into /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613 (where the PHP installer put it) then I tried to enable it in the /private/etc/php.ini file by adding the line extension=soap.so to the extensions section and disabling the ; extension_dir = "./" as suggested at http://www.veola.net/macintosh/adding-gd-library-for-mac-os-x-leopard. However I still don't seem to have a listing for SOAP on my info.php file and I also if I try to run the HelloWorld.php file I get:

Notice: Use of undefined constant SOAP_COMPRESSION_ACCEPT - assumed 'SOAP_COMPRESSION_ACCEPT' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/sforce-php/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 102

Notice: Use of undefined constant SOAP_COMPRESSION_GZIP - assumed 'SOAP_COMPRESSION_GZIP' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/sforce-php/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 103

Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /Library/WebServer/Documents/sforce-php/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 121

Anyone out there more knowledgeable about how I might get these various technologies to play nicely together?