• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We recently purchased Crystal Reports to help with some of the reporting issues that we have had with Salesforce. 

When I attempt to add the Activity History table/database to one of my Crystal Reports I get the following error:

"Database Connector Erro: "INVALID_TYPE_FOR_OPERATION: entity type does not support query"

This is the only section of salesforce that I get this for, I can access the Account table, Opportunity table, etc.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this error?

Hi,

I am importing the data in Contact using Apex Class.

Code to set the data in Contact Object is:

Contact createObject(String[] records){ String gender=records[headerMap.get('gender')]; Contact upsertContact=new Contact(); try{ if(gender!=null && !gender.trim().equals('')){ //System.debug('gender1====='+gender); if((genderMap==null)|| (genderMap!=null && !genderMap.containsKey(gender.toLowerCase()))){ if(genderMap==null){ genderMap=new Map<String,String>(); } Supplier_Value__c svc=new Supplier_Value__c(Name=gender); if(cfc!=null){ svc.Conversion_Field__c=cfc[0].Id; } insert svc; genderMap.put(gender.toLowerCase(),null); businessServices.getGeneralServices().sendMailToAdministrator('New Gender Value '+gender+' added in the database by Organization '+records[headerMap.get('clientid')]); } upsertContact.Salutation =genderMap.get(gender.toLowerCase()); } //upsertContact.OwnerId=ftpDetailsDto.getOwnerId(); upsertContact.FirstName =records[headerMap.get('firstname')]; upsertContact.LastName =records[headerMap.get('lastname')]; upsertContact.MailingStreet =records[headerMap.get('mailingstreet')]; upsertContact.MailingPostalCode=records[headerMap.get('mailingpostalcode')]; upsertContact.MailingCity=records[headerMap.get('mailingcity')]; upsertContact.MailingCountry=records[headerMap.get('mailingcountry')]; upsertContact.HomePhone =records[headerMap.get('phone')]; if(records[headerMap.get('email')]!=null && records[headerMap.get('email')]!=''){ matcher myMatcher = myPattern.matcher(records[headerMap.get('email')]); if(myMatcher.matches()){ upsertContact.npe01__HomeEmail__c=records[headerMap.get('email')]; } } upsertContact.npe01__PreferredPhone__c='Household'; upsertContact.npe01__Preferred_Email__c='Home'; upsertContact.Title=records[headerMap.get('academictitle')]; upsertContact.BANKACCOUNT__c=records[headerMap.get('bankaccount')]; Date dob=businessServices.getGeneralServices().convertStringToDate(records[headerMap.get('birthdate')]); if(!records[headerMap.get('birthdate')].equals('') && dob!=null && (dob<(Date.newInstance(1700,01,01)) || dob>(Date.newInstance(4000,12,30)))){ numberOfInvalidRecords++; //errorList.add('numberOfInvalidRecords '+ numberOfInvalidRecords); throw new DateRangeException(''); } upsertContact.Birthdate=dob; upsertContact.EXTERNALID__c=records[headerMap.get('donorid')]; if(records[headerMap.get('status')].equalsIgnoreCase('DoNotCall')){ upsertContact.DoNotCall=true; }else if(records[headerMap.get('status')].equalsIgnoreCase('Deceased')){ upsertContact.Deceased__c=true; }else if(records[headerMap.get('status')].equalsIgnoreCase('DoNotMail')){ upsertContact.Do_Not_Mail__c=true; } if(lastModifiedDateForImport==null || (lastModifiedDateForImport.daysBetween(businessServices.getGeneralServices().convertStringToDate(records[headerMap.get('lastmodifydate')]))>0)){ lastModifiedDateForImport=businessServices.getGeneralServices().convertStringToDate(records[headerMap.get('lastmodifydate')]); } // upsertContact.ClientId__c=records[headerMap.get('clientid')]; upsertContact.ClientId__c=detailsDto.getOrganizationId(); }catch(Exception er){ errorList.add('Error in create object===: '+ er.getMessage()); } return upsertContact; }

This contact object returned is set in a List for bulk upsert function.

The code for bulk upsertion is:

Database.UpsertResult[] lsr=Database.upsert(upsertContactList,Contact.EXTERNALID__c,false); // checks if data inserted successfully or not,if not then add error messages in errorlist Integer index=0; for(Database.UpsertResult sr:lsr) { if(!sr.isSuccess()){ Database.Error err=sr.getErrors()[0];

errorList.add('Error: '+ err+' upsertContactList '+upsertContactList[index]); } index++; }

But i am getting error:

Error: Database.Error[getFields=null;getMessage=java.lang.NullPointerException;getStatusCode=System.StatusCode.UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION;]

upsertContactList Contact:{ClientId__c=MSA, EXTERNALID__c=100038558, Salutation=Mr., LastName=Hillenaar, HomePhone=null, Title=null, npe01__Preferred_Email__c=Home, BANKACCOUNT__c=138449317, MailingCity=LEIDEN, MailingStreet=Vlietweg 3, MailingCountry=The Netherlands, npe01__PreferredPhone__c=Household, MailingPostalCode=2323 LA, FirstName=J.A., Birthdate=null}

I a not able to figure out the problem.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

• March 06, 2009

Hi,

I am getting an error:

Invalid field 00NR0000000W595 for SObject Contact

while saving the Contact from salesforce Standard Add New Contact form.

Can anyone help me why am i getting this error.

Thanks in advance

• March 05, 2009

Hi,

I need to make replica of the VisaulForce page provided on Edit Button of contact (ContactNewOverride [npe01__ContactNewOverride] page provided by Salesforce) with some additional functionalities.

I am facing some problems...which are:

1. While entering a invalid data in Birthdate, i get following error below the BirthDate field:

Error.

.Invalid Date

.{0}:Conversion error occured

But it should be Invalid Date

2. If i use apex:inputField tag for Description field of Contact i.e a TextArea , I am not able to widen the field  in         GUI please help me to show a large text area on visualForce page using apex:inputField tag(b'coz i need to fire a validation error which can be shown using apex:inputField).

3. If there is any field voilating Validtaion rule,the following error message should be displayed at top of the screen.

Error: Invalid Data.
              Review all error messages below to correct your data.

As control does not go in Apex class and with the javascript don't know how to detect valiation error.

how to display this error.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advace.

• March 05, 2009

Hi,

When I am trying to use "ActiveXObject('Word.Application')" in my code, it throws an exception saying "Automation server can't create object" in IE7. Can anyone help me out for the solution of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

• March 02, 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to use contenttype="application/vnd.ms-excel" and it's been failing consistently in IE 7. The same page loads just fine in Firefox. Please guide me. It's urgent.

Thanx in advance.

• March 02, 2009

Hi,

I have uploaded a word doc in Mail Merge template. Now I want to open that particular template on click of a button. Please help me how can i acheive this functionality as it's very urgent.

Thanks in advance

• February 24, 2009

Hi,

I am working on custom link of Contact.

When i am entering the data for link

http://maps.google.nl?q={!Contact.MailingStreet}+{!Contact.MailingCity}+{!Contact.MailingState}+{!Contact.MailingPostalCode}+{!Contact.MailingCountry}

it is working fine,but when using IF function as mentioned below,

{!IF( Contact.ClientId__c= FTP_Details__c.Organization__c  ,
 IF( FTP_Details__c.Country__c = Country__c.Name
, "http://maps.google."& Country__c.Internet_Designation__c &"?q="&Contact.MailingStreet&"+"&Contact.MailingCity&"+"&Contact.MailingState&"+"&Contact.MailingPostalCode&"+"&Contact.MailingCountry, http://gmail.com) , http://google.com)}

I get an error:

URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com.

You may have reached this page after clicking on a direct link into the application. This direct link might be:
• A bookmark to a particular page, such as a report or view
• A link to a particular page in the Custom Links section of your Home Tab, or a Custom Link
• A link to a particular page in your email templates

If you reached this page through a bookmark, you are probably trying to access something that has moved. Please update your bookmark.

If you reached this page through any of the other direct links listed above, please notify your administrator to update the link.

If you reached this page through a link on our site, please report the broken link directly to our Support Team and we will fix it promptly. Please indicate the page you were on when you clicked the link as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using Salesforce!

I am not able to figure out what is wrong,Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

• February 21, 2009

Hi,

I have added three custom fields "Formal","Informal" as checkbox and "Full Salutation" as text field.

Full Salutation field must be editable and initially should be auto populated depending on several conditions(Values in other custom object"Client details" and value of Formal & Informal checkbox).

I want to add these functionality in Contact New and edit form without Overriding it(if possible........).

Please guide me it;s urgent.

Thanks in advance.

• February 20, 2009

Hi,

In Contacts List View ,there is related list of Opportunities.

In this related view i want to add Campaign Name as one column,

but i don't find this column while editing its view.

Please guide me how can display Campaign Name as In Opportunity list.

Thanks in advance. 

• February 19, 2009

Hi ,

In our application we are receiving a mail from client with a file attached(.csv type).

In the attached file values are separated by a delimiter as a broken bar as ' ¦ '.When this file is received as binary attachment its body is set in Blob variable and then it is converting to String.

Data in the String(converted from Blob) has a garbage value instead of Broken Bar.

Please guide me what to do....it is really urgent

Thanks in advance 

Message Edited by djain on 02-12-2009 12:14 AM
Message Edited by djain on 02-12-2009 12:15 AM
  • February 12, 2009

Hello,

I have created one Email Service in sandbox and while sending mail to this email service sometimes i get the following error message: -

"This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> mgcrm_emailserivce@767uf9tdbrcl1rjbx0frm6bsu.in.sandbox.salesforce.c

>>> om

(reading confirmation): 554 Class.MGCRMAddCampaign: line 1, column 8"

Now, if I send the same mail again then no error message comes and mail message gets processed.

Please guide as what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance.

Dhiraj Jain

• February 05, 2009

Hi,

I need to set IsWon field of oppurtunity to true in my application .While bulk insertion in Opportunity Stagename is set to 'Won' but IsWon field is still set to false.

As per the link http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api100/Content/sforce_api_objects_opportunity.htm

IsWon should be set to true if stageName is Won.

Please guide me.

Thanx in advance.

• February 04, 2009

Hi ,

Please guide me in checking the minimum permissible date in Force.com database.

Thanks  in advance.

• February 04, 2009

Hi all,

I logged in with  with Developer account but could not get the option of sites under Setup->Develop.

I tried it with Developer Sandbox account too but could not get above mentioned option.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

• January 22, 2009
Hi all,

In my application i require to fetch data for the year entered by user using SOQL query,
In SOQL i tried the below code:
Code:
date sampleDate=Date.today();
//assume user have entered 2003
Integer diff=sampleDate.year()-2003;
Contact_log__c[] contactLog=[Select a.Id from Contact_log__c a where  a.Last_Import_ModifiedDate__c =(THIS_YEAR-:diff) order by a.Sequence_Number__c desc limit 1];

but i get syntax error , Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

• January 20, 2009
Hi,

In my application there is Visual force page with controller FTP_Details__c which is a custom object,
there is a field in the cotroller Language having lookup relation with Language__c custom object.

While entering the data in the form,  list of language is not visible to the user but user can search the data (List is only visible to the owner).
Please guide me how to show the list of language.

Thanks in advance.
  • January 15, 2009
Hi,

In my application i need to disable the trigger while importing data in Contact ,
and to disable the Trigger the sample code is

Code:
    private void enableDisableTrigger(String triggerName,Boolean isActive){
     ApexTrigger tr=[Select a.Id from ApexTrigger a where a.Name=:triggerName limit 1];
     if(tr!=null){
      tr.IsValid=isActive;
      update tr;
     }
    }

but in this case i get an error: DML not allowed on ApexTrigger
Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

• January 02, 2009
Hi all,

I am using new version of salesforce,in  my application i am inserting bulk data in Contact on insertion in Contact trigger IndividualAccounts is fired ,Is there any way to disable this trigger.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance

• December 23, 2008

Hello,

I have created one Email Service in sandbox and while sending mail to this email service sometimes i get the following error message: -

"This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> mgcrm_emailserivce@767uf9tdbrcl1rjbx0frm6bsu.in.sandbox.salesforce.c

>>> om

(reading confirmation): 554 Class.MGCRMAddCampaign: line 1, column 8"

Now, if I send the same mail again then no error message comes and mail message gets processed.

Please guide as what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance.

Dhiraj Jain

• February 05, 2009

Hi all,

I logged in with  with Developer account but could not get the option of sites under Setup->Develop.

I tried it with Developer Sandbox account too but could not get above mentioned option.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

• January 22, 2009
Hi all,

I am using new version of salesforce,in  my application i am inserting bulk data in Contact on insertion in Contact trigger IndividualAccounts is fired ,Is there any way to disable this trigger.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance

• December 23, 2008
Hi All,

I am using VisualForce pages in my application with Standardcontroller as a Custom Sobject FTP_Details  .
This page has three Input fields which are manadatory,fields name like Organization,Language,Email account.
For the input field Organization, i need to display a custom message.
Hence I have added custom message in relative controller and also added tag <apex:message styleClass="error"/> in VisualForce Page.
But the custom message is not being displayed on Page.

Controller code:

public PageReference saveAndNext(){
String id;
System.debug('Organizatio is =='+details.Organization__c);
System.debug('Language is =='+details.Language__c);
System.debug('Email is =='+details.Email__c);
if(('').equals(details.Organization__c) || ('').equals(details.Email__c) || details.Language__c==null){
return null;}

try{

Integer countOrg=[Select count() from FTP_Details__c ft where ft.Organization__c=:details.Organization__c];

if(countOrg>0){

throw new ValidationException('Organization '+details.Organization__c+' exists in DataBase');

}

FTP_Details__c ftpSave=new FTP_Details__c();

ftpSave.Language__c=details.Language__c;

ftpSave.Organization__c=details.Organization__c;

ftpSave.Email__c=details.Email__c;

insert ftpSave;

id=ftpSave.Id;

}catch(ValidationException e){

ApexPages.Message myMsg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.severity.ERROR,

'Error retrieving competitive wins: ' + e.getMessage());

ApexPages.addMessage(myMsg);

System.debug('Error is======'+e.getMessage());

return null;

}

String newPageUrl = '/apex/SetUpTab?userId='+id;

PageReference newPage = new PageReference(newPageUrl);

newPage.setRedirect(true);

return newPage;

}

VisualForce page code:

<apex:form >
      <apex:pageBlock >
       <apex:pageblockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton action="{!saveAndNext}" value="Save & Next" />
        <apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/>
    </apex:pageblockButtons>
    <font color="red"><apex:message styleClass="error"/> </font>
                 <table>
          <tr>

Thanks in advance.

We recently purchased Crystal Reports to help with some of the reporting issues that we have had with Salesforce. 

When I attempt to add the Activity History table/database to one of my Crystal Reports I get the following error:

"Database Connector Erro: "INVALID_TYPE_FOR_OPERATION: entity type does not support query"

This is the only section of salesforce that I get this for, I can access the Account table, Opportunity table, etc.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this error?