• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I generate my WSDL for the partner or enterprise API, I get an incomplete output that does not allow me to build the quick start samples etc. (e.g. there is no SforceServiceLocator etc.).

What am I doing wrong?

For my integration project, I want to be "notified" whenever a new record (i.e. account, contact, lead etc.) is inserted into the SF database of my organization.

I understand that it's possible to create individual after-insert triggers for each "object class" (e.g. account), but this approach would not support extensions (e.g. if someone introduces a new object class, e.g. "Vendor").

Therefore, I'm looking for the possibility to create a "general" top-level after-insert trigger that is invoked whenever any kind of new record is inserted.

Is this supported by the SF API?

Interested in working for a growing international software company in a dynamic, fast-paced and competitive work environment?

We're looking for skilled Salesforce developers with a strong background in Salesforce integration and composite applications.

Proficiency in integrating distributed external web applications with Salesforce including single sign-on mechanisms, web services, mash-ups as well as inbound and outbound messaging is an absolute must.

You will be working on exciting new development, customization, and roll-out projects, liaising with domain experts in creating specifications, models, and implementations.

Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting our partners and value-added resellers (VARs), collaborating with them on customizing our software products and developing tailored software solutions for end customers.

We offer an exciting, challenging and diversified job in the Boston area, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits and attractive opportunities in a fast growing, agile international company.

Your skill set:

• You're a software engineering all-rounder who has a very strong Salesforce background and whose particular focus is the integration of distributed external web applications with Salesforce
  • You're skilled in object-oriented design and programming techniques (Java, Java enterprise platform and standards, AJAX, SOA, web services, Eclipse open source framework)
  • You have strong object-oriented design, coding, and testing skills in Microsoft Windows and Linux environments
  • You're experienced in estimating time and effort required to implement project deliverables
  • You have strong written and verbal communication skills
  • You're a motivated, reliable team player who's able to work self dependently and take responsibility
  • You're a "people person" who's good at communicating complex technological concepts to business managers in a simple and understandable manner as well as able and willing to train and mentor inexperienced software engineers
Note: This is a full-time on-site position in Winthrop, MA (20 min. from Downtown Boston).

Interested?
Please send a private message with your contact information and include some information about yourself and your software engineering experience, and we will get back to you ASAP!

IMPORTANT:
  • No headhunters or HR agencies please! Don't waste your time contacting us - you will be ignored!
  • No people looking for integration projects/contractual engagements - this is a regular full-time job for a software developer with plenty of development opportunities for thriving as part of a fast-growing software company!

Message Edited by Andreas H. on 01-06-2009 01:26 PM

Message Edited by Andreas H. on 01-06-2009 01:45 PM
I'm all new to the Salesforce platform, so please excuse me not having a good understanding of it yet.

I want to know how authentication is supposed to work.

Let's assume that I want to integrate my external workflow software with Salesforce.

User X is a Salesforce user interacting with company A hosting my workflow software.

At some point, my workflow software has to reach out to Salesforce and update a Salesforce object (e.g. a contact) owned by User X.

Of course, my workflow software does not have/store any login credentials of User X.

How would my workflow software authenticate in Salesforce in order to update the status of a Salesforce object owned by User X?

Does User X need to do anything to expose her objects to my workflow software so it is able to make changes?

Again, I'm not impersonating User X but I rather simply want to make status updates to her objects. So which credentials do I provide in order to gain access to her objects?

For my integration project, I want to be "notified" whenever a new record (i.e. account, contact, lead etc.) is inserted into the SF database of my organization.

I understand that it's possible to create individual after-insert triggers for each "object class" (e.g. account), but this approach would not support extensions (e.g. if someone introduces a new object class, e.g. "Vendor").

Therefore, I'm looking for the possibility to create a "general" top-level after-insert trigger that is invoked whenever any kind of new record is inserted.

Is this supported by the SF API?

Interested in working for a growing international software company in a dynamic, fast-paced and competitive work environment?

We're looking for skilled Salesforce developers with a strong background in Salesforce integration and composite applications.

Proficiency in integrating distributed external web applications with Salesforce including single sign-on mechanisms, web services, mash-ups as well as inbound and outbound messaging is an absolute must.

You will be working on exciting new development, customization, and roll-out projects, liaising with domain experts in creating specifications, models, and implementations.

Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting our partners and value-added resellers (VARs), collaborating with them on customizing our software products and developing tailored software solutions for end customers.

We offer an exciting, challenging and diversified job in the Boston area, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits and attractive opportunities in a fast growing, agile international company.

Your skill set:

• You're a software engineering all-rounder who has a very strong Salesforce background and whose particular focus is the integration of distributed external web applications with Salesforce
  • You're skilled in object-oriented design and programming techniques (Java, Java enterprise platform and standards, AJAX, SOA, web services, Eclipse open source framework)
  • You have strong object-oriented design, coding, and testing skills in Microsoft Windows and Linux environments
  • You're experienced in estimating time and effort required to implement project deliverables
  • You have strong written and verbal communication skills
  • You're a motivated, reliable team player who's able to work self dependently and take responsibility
  • You're a "people person" who's good at communicating complex technological concepts to business managers in a simple and understandable manner as well as able and willing to train and mentor inexperienced software engineers
Note: This is a full-time on-site position in Winthrop, MA (20 min. from Downtown Boston).

Interested?
Please send a private message with your contact information and include some information about yourself and your software engineering experience, and we will get back to you ASAP!

IMPORTANT:
  • No headhunters or HR agencies please! Don't waste your time contacting us - you will be ignored!
  • No people looking for integration projects/contractual engagements - this is a regular full-time job for a software developer with plenty of development opportunities for thriving as part of a fast-growing software company!

Message Edited by Andreas H. on 01-06-2009 01:26 PM

Message Edited by Andreas H. on 01-06-2009 01:45 PM
Hi,

I wanted to know if there is a way to expose a Apex class method as a webservice that can be called without providing a session id. In other words can I call my webservice fromt he outside world without having the web service client 'log in to the salesforce system'.

Thanks,