• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi I have a managed package.

I tried to change the name first time using Setup -> App Setup -> Create -> Packages, then selecting ther Edit button next to the package name. But when i try again it is not changing the name. Description is being changed but name stays same. And it doesn't give any error messages.

IS there a way to change this? Can't it be changed?

Thanks,

Umut

Hi,

In my applications I want to use Salesforce sharing which is accessible from Setup -> Administration Setup -> Security Controls -> Sharing Settings.

I set default sharing settings for my custom object. Ialso set some custom sharing rules for that object. I want to get these settings and based on these settings i want to display/hide some fields in my application. I searched a lot but couldn't find how to get these settings.

For example for an account, user may choose Private, Public Read Only or Public Read/Write for Default Access and Use Hierarchies/ Do not use Hierarchies for Hierarchies. Than also for that account he may set CEO can display Standard User objects with Pulbic Read option from TestObject sharing rules. I want to get these configurations for each user and make my logic based on these settings.

Hi,

I was developing on a Development Environment. But a few days ago I completed my applications first release and sent it to the Security Review. My environment is using managed packages and classes, pages all uses XYZ (for example) prefix. Now I want to keep on coding for new releases.  But if I create a new develeoper account, then I have to change all XYZs.

Is there a way to keep on coding without touching the current code. Like SVN's tagging, branching?

Thanks,

Umut

Hi,

I have apex classes to make some logic. There are exception handlers and if/else blocks to catch errors and redirect to a page based on an error. Examples:

... else { PageReference errorPage = Page.Error__c; errorPage.setRedirect(true); return errorPage; } ...

And it is redirecting to this page:

<apex:page >
<h1>Error occured</h1>
Error occured
</apex:page>

I want errorPage to attach error message to the redirect and it should be displayed when Error Page is opened.

Is there a way to do this and could you write me some examples.

Thanks,
Umut
Message Edited by umutdogan on 06-03-2009 03:16 AM

Hi, I am getting this exception when i try to delete a tab.

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val DependencyMessageUnknownObjectInUse not found in section Exception

After it says it is in Visualforce Page then i try to delete that page and turns in a circe this way. 

I can't even delete that tab and page.

I searched but couldn't find anything.

Do you know what it is?

Thanks,

Umut

Hi,

I am working on managed/unmanaged packaging.

I have two problems in both packaging options:

1) I created a custom object named MyCustomObject. Then overrided the Standard Buttons And Links section's Edit button with my custom Visualforce page. But whenever i create a package. Then if I install this package to an another account, I AGAIN need to go to Setup -> App Setup -> Create -> Objects. Then click MyCustomObject and reoverride that button.

2) Similar problem is about Related Lists in Campaign. I created my own related list but I need to go to Page Layout of Campaigns and add that to the layout, modify list sections and buttons, then save.

Is there a way to save this configuration and not to re-do thisthings in every new instance?

Thanks,

Umut

Hi,

I am working on a Flex application integration with Salesforce.

It was working fine until i created a managed package. Now it  gives Page test2__MyExamplePage does not exist message.

I developed the application and created the managed package in my Test Account 1. Managed package namespace is test1.

I installed managed package to my Test Account 2. It also has a namespace named test2.

The problem is in this code:

/apex/MyExamplePage?objectId={!Campaign.Id}&returnUrl={!URLFOR( $Action.Campaign.View , Campaign.Id)}

And this code is defined in my object's custom button. Content Source is URL.

Whenever I click that button from Test Account 2, it tries to find test2.na6.salesforce.com/apex/MyExamplePage?xxxxxxxxxx.

But it should try to connect to test1 namespace.

How can I forward it to the right namespace?

Thanks,

Umut

Hi,

I have a Flex application embedded into Salesforce tab. One of the sections of Flex app has vertical scrollbars, and I want to scroll using middle mouse button. Also the page itself has a vertical scrollbar.But whenever I scroll with middle mouse buttonit scrolls outermost bar.How can I make the salesforce tab to focus on the flex application and scroll the flex page?

Thanks,

Umut

I have integrated a Flex application into Salesforce. Then I created an unmanaged package. I created another Salesforce account to test the package. I installed the package to that account, and made the configuration. But it says loading and doesn't do anything when i click the Flex integrated tab. But that flex application works for the other account and it works as standalone. Do I need to do any settings, for example security etc.?

Flex Debugger:

Error: Ignoring policy file requested from https://c.na6.visual.force.com/crossdomain.xml because a cross-domain redirect to https://na6.salesforce.com/crossdomain.xml occurred.

Message Edited by umutdogan on 01-22-2009 06:00 AM
Hi,

I am developing a salesforce flex application. But while integrating i need to change the tab based on a button click in a tab. I tried to do that but everytime it opens flex application inside the working tab. I need it to change to the flex applications own tab along with my parameters (for example opportunity_id)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Umut
Hi all,
I am developing a flex application for salesforce. But i have some `fitting the application` problems. My flex application is embedded into a tab using custom scontrols and it uses webservices. I tried all the possiblities with width and height. 100 percentages does not work and it results with scrollbar on the right side. My application also has scrollbars and it is not good to have multiple scrollbars one next to other. Also that problem continues if i test the application in dfifferent screen resolutions and there are horizantal and vertical scrollbars this time. Could you suggest me a way to do this dynamically or fix this weird problem?

Thanks,
Umut

Hi,

In my applications I want to use Salesforce sharing which is accessible from Setup -> Administration Setup -> Security Controls -> Sharing Settings.

I set default sharing settings for my custom object. Ialso set some custom sharing rules for that object. I want to get these settings and based on these settings i want to display/hide some fields in my application. I searched a lot but couldn't find how to get these settings.

For example for an account, user may choose Private, Public Read Only or Public Read/Write for Default Access and Use Hierarchies/ Do not use Hierarchies for Hierarchies. Than also for that account he may set CEO can display Standard User objects with Pulbic Read option from TestObject sharing rules. I want to get these configurations for each user and make my logic based on these settings.

Hi,

I have apex classes to make some logic. There are exception handlers and if/else blocks to catch errors and redirect to a page based on an error. Examples:

... else { PageReference errorPage = Page.Error__c; errorPage.setRedirect(true); return errorPage; } ...

And it is redirecting to this page:

<apex:page >
<h1>Error occured</h1>
Error occured
</apex:page>

I want errorPage to attach error message to the redirect and it should be displayed when Error Page is opened.

Is there a way to do this and could you write me some examples.

Thanks,
Umut
Message Edited by umutdogan on 06-03-2009 03:16 AM

Hi, I am getting this exception when i try to delete a tab.

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val DependencyMessageUnknownObjectInUse not found in section Exception

After it says it is in Visualforce Page then i try to delete that page and turns in a circe this way. 

I can't even delete that tab and page.

I searched but couldn't find anything.

Do you know what it is?

Thanks,

Umut

Hi,

I am working on managed/unmanaged packaging.

I have two problems in both packaging options:

1) I created a custom object named MyCustomObject. Then overrided the Standard Buttons And Links section's Edit button with my custom Visualforce page. But whenever i create a package. Then if I install this package to an another account, I AGAIN need to go to Setup -> App Setup -> Create -> Objects. Then click MyCustomObject and reoverride that button.

2) Similar problem is about Related Lists in Campaign. I created my own related list but I need to go to Page Layout of Campaigns and add that to the layout, modify list sections and buttons, then save.

Is there a way to save this configuration and not to re-do thisthings in every new instance?

Thanks,

Umut

Hi,

I am working on a Flex application integration with Salesforce.

It was working fine until i created a managed package. Now it  gives Page test2__MyExamplePage does not exist message.

I developed the application and created the managed package in my Test Account 1. Managed package namespace is test1.

I installed managed package to my Test Account 2. It also has a namespace named test2.

The problem is in this code:

/apex/MyExamplePage?objectId={!Campaign.Id}&returnUrl={!URLFOR( $Action.Campaign.View , Campaign.Id)}

And this code is defined in my object's custom button. Content Source is URL.

Whenever I click that button from Test Account 2, it tries to find test2.na6.salesforce.com/apex/MyExamplePage?xxxxxxxxxx.

But it should try to connect to test1 namespace.

How can I forward it to the right namespace?

Thanks,

Umut

I have integrated a Flex application into Salesforce. Then I created an unmanaged package. I created another Salesforce account to test the package. I installed the package to that account, and made the configuration. But it says loading and doesn't do anything when i click the Flex integrated tab. But that flex application works for the other account and it works as standalone. Do I need to do any settings, for example security etc.?

Flex Debugger:

Error: Ignoring policy file requested from https://c.na6.visual.force.com/crossdomain.xml because a cross-domain redirect to https://na6.salesforce.com/crossdomain.xml occurred.

Message Edited by umutdogan on 01-22-2009 06:00 AM
Hi,

I am developing a salesforce flex application. But while integrating i need to change the tab based on a button click in a tab. I tried to do that but everytime it opens flex application inside the working tab. I need it to change to the flex applications own tab along with my parameters (for example opportunity_id)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Umut