• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am getting the message "api_disabled_for_org" when connecting from Force IDE - Eclipse and Sforce Explorer.    I am using the 30 day trial which the way I understand it is the "developer edition".  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is API access supported in the 30 day trial version developer edition?   If not, what is the cheapest version I can buy for 1 developer to get API access and how do I do that?  I am just trying this out at this point and need to use some external tools such as the above.

Thanks!
Hello Folks,

Trying to use Eclipse Force IDE for the first time.   I get by the login/password/security token and then get

Force.com projects require an organization with the Metadata API enabled.
API is not enabled for this organization or partner.

Can someone let me know what I can do to enable this?   This is a 30 day trial if that matters.

Message Edited by new developer on 12-30-2008 07:47 AM

Message Edited by new developer on 12-30-2008 07:48 AM
Hello All,

I am new to SalesForce so forgive me if this is an easy question.   This is driving me crazy.   I am trying to query the a custom client object in salesforce from an s-control and display the results on a custom tab.   I created the following code in an s-control and linked it to the tab page layout.   Can someone point out flaws in my thinking?   My current "stuck" point is that it never gets by the salesforce.connection.query statement (as the "after query" alert never shows up..the before query does show up).  Is this a syncronous vs asynchronous issue?  .   Any general thoughts about my code are appreciated.

PS...  I also realize I don't have any error code or anything in here right now.   Trying to keep it simple until it works

<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>

<body>

<script type="text/javascript">

alert("before query");
  var result = sforce.connection.query("select Client__c.Name from client");
  alert("after query");
    var it = new sforce.QueryResultIterator(result);

while (it.hasNext()) {
        var Name = it.next();
        alert(Client__c.Name);
        document.write(Client__c.Name);
    }

</script>

</body>
</html>
I am getting the message "api_disabled_for_org" when connecting from Force IDE - Eclipse and Sforce Explorer.    I am using the 30 day trial which the way I understand it is the "developer edition".  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is API access supported in the 30 day trial version developer edition?   If not, what is the cheapest version I can buy for 1 developer to get API access and how do I do that?  I am just trying this out at this point and need to use some external tools such as the above.

Thanks!
Hello Folks,

Trying to use Eclipse Force IDE for the first time.   I get by the login/password/security token and then get

Force.com projects require an organization with the Metadata API enabled.
API is not enabled for this organization or partner.

Can someone let me know what I can do to enable this?   This is a 30 day trial if that matters.

Message Edited by new developer on 12-30-2008 07:47 AM

Message Edited by new developer on 12-30-2008 07:48 AM
Hello All,

I am new to SalesForce so forgive me if this is an easy question.   This is driving me crazy.   I am trying to query the a custom client object in salesforce from an s-control and display the results on a custom tab.   I created the following code in an s-control and linked it to the tab page layout.   Can someone point out flaws in my thinking?   My current "stuck" point is that it never gets by the salesforce.connection.query statement (as the "after query" alert never shows up..the before query does show up).  Is this a syncronous vs asynchronous issue?  .   Any general thoughts about my code are appreciated.

PS...  I also realize I don't have any error code or anything in here right now.   Trying to keep it simple until it works

<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>

<body>

<script type="text/javascript">

alert("before query");
  var result = sforce.connection.query("select Client__c.Name from client");
  alert("after query");
    var it = new sforce.QueryResultIterator(result);

while (it.hasNext()) {
        var Name = it.next();