• 150 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to create a custom case button that will change the case owner. We have professional edition so code that utilizes API can't be used. I've found some solutions online but they all require API. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a million!!

I'm trying to make a button to change a field in an Opportunity.  I need to know where to find the field labels that I so commonly see in the buttons I already have like "opp11, opp9, opp10" etc.  Where do I find this list so I can use the "&opp??="text" function in my code.  Here's an example of a similar button but all I need to do is change the field label on the 3rd line below.  Thanks.

/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?
save=1
&opp11="Closed Won"
&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}

A list of these field labels would be helpful...

Sean

• August 13, 2010

Dear All,

In checkbox properties Required option is not enabled?

how to make it enable or any other way to achieve this.

please help me out in this.

Thank you

regards,

prakash

General question:  what is the best way to develop a custom mail merge pulling data from multiple objects into MS Word?  I can generate mail merge on a single object and know how do do the basics (mail merge from single object).

I'm using the nonprofit starter pack and want to run a mail merge with ms word (either individual or mass) from donations tied to organizations as well as contacts.  The basic mail merge works with donations tied to contacts. 

• January 16, 2010

I'm trying to make a unique Account Number.

I want to take the first 6 characters of the Account Name.

The Account Name is: HSBC Delaware

When i do: UPPER(TRIM(LEFT( Name, 6)))

I get: Account Number: HSBC D

I would like it to be: HSBCDE

Any ideas on how to remove all spaces from a text string including the single space between words??

• November 27, 2009

Hi,

I would like to enforce a lookup field to be 'required'. 
I want to do this using a validation rule (I wish there was a 'required' checkbox for lookup fields), doing this on the page layout level is insufficient for my needs.

I've tried to set up a validation rule

ISNULL( Team__c )

But this failed to trigger even in cases it should have.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• September 05, 2009

HELP!!!  I am not sure if this can be done...but sure hoping so.

When clients come to my website and fill out my web to lead form it creates a lead in SalesForce and then directs them to anther page with a longer application.  On this second page, I have another Web to Lead form put together to capture this additional data.  When the client fills out this second web to lead form, will this information be captured in the correct lead inside SalesForce that was originally inputed on page one? or will it create a new lead? 

Any help is very much appreciated. 

Thanks!!

• April 10, 2011

Hi All,

Adding an "And" statement cause the formula field below to double in size.  I would like to learn more about how compiled field size is arrived at so I can attack this issue better.  Specifically would like to understand things like:

• Does an "If" statement create a larger footprint then a case statement?
  • Does the length of the field name contribute to the field size?
  • Can bundling logic up into separate field help or hurt?
  • Can logic be sequenced to reduce the compiled field size?

The formula below works:

If( Prescreen__c = True,
Case(Step_Counter__c,
1, 0.5,
3, 0.7,
4, 0.8,
6, 1,
7, 1.1,
8, 1.1,
9, 1.1,
10, 1.1,
0.5))

Adding this And statement causes it to doubles in size to 10,012

If( AND(Prescreen__c = True,Step_Counter__c<7)

I'd appreciate any guidance on the above questions or a link to a document that can help.

Thank you.

--David

I'm trying to create a custom case button that will change the case owner. We have professional edition so code that utilizes API can't be used. I've found some solutions online but they all require API. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a million!!

Hello - i'm lost! I'm trying to create a custom list button that will live on the account page under the Activity Related List. I'd like the user to click this button and essentially 'Log A Call' using a specific record type. I'd also like to populate the subject line of the task.

Is this even possible? Any help would be appreciated - even resources on where to look. Thanks!

• November 08, 2010

I am adding multiple products on an opportunity. This takes me to the product selection page and then the multilineitem.jsp page. Here I am being required to enter a value for Quantity. Is there anyway I can do some setups so that Quantity field always shows up with a default value (e.g. 1)?

I understand that Quantity field on the Opportunity Products object is a standard field and I am unable to set a default from the field setup page.

Thanks!

Is it possible to combine 2 buttons into one in an Opportunity?  I have one button that changes a field to a certain value, then another custom button that creates a task.   Below is the code I tried to use to combine using the && operator, with no success.  It one does the first set of instructions.

/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?
save=1
&00NA0000004aPgM=Send
&&
/00T/e?title=Call Tag Request Sent
&save=1
&what_id={!Opportunity.Id}
&followup=1
&tsk5=Call Tag Request Sent

Thanks alot.

Sean

• August 14, 2010

I'm trying to make a button to change a field in an Opportunity.  I need to know where to find the field labels that I so commonly see in the buttons I already have like "opp11, opp9, opp10" etc.  Where do I find this list so I can use the "&opp??="text" function in my code.  Here's an example of a similar button but all I need to do is change the field label on the 3rd line below.  Thanks.

/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?
save=1
&opp11="Closed Won"

A list of these field labels would be helpful...

Sean

• August 13, 2010

Is there a way to make a button change what is in a field?  Like a button that labeled "Send Order" to change a field with a drop down list of "1,2,3,4" of 1 as the default to 4.  Pressing the button would change the field from 1 to 4.

Thanks,

Sean

• August 13, 2010

In Salesforce.com, I have created a new tab and custom object called Prospects which will include a list of potential customers that are not yet classed as opportunities (missing a few key requirements) however I want to be able to convert my new custom object (prospects) into an opportunity when those previous requirements have been met. 

This is how my boss wants it.

I want to have a convert button on the Prospect records. So that when our sales team are satisfied that those requirements have been met they can then convert the information that is captured all ready within the prospect custom object into an opportunity.

So any advice on how I create this Convert button would be much appreciated?

Thank you!

Dear All,

In checkbox properties Required option is not enabled?

how to make it enable or any other way to achieve this.

please help me out in this.

Thank you

regards,

prakash

In our organisation we connect to Salesforce.com via a direct shortcut on our desktop: http://www.salesforce.com/login.jsp?un=xxx&pw=xxx so our representatives don't have to enter their password manually each time again.

We've been using this method for a couple of weeks now without any problems. Since this morning everybody gets the following message when trying to login:

You are required to use a secure browser to connect to salesforce.com.
Please connect securely to salesforce.com using a browser that supports 128-bit encryption

When clicking the link we are prompted with a screen to fill in our username+password whereafter we are redirected to our Salesforce-homepage. We've never had this message before. All of our users are using IE 7 or 8.

Anyone knows why we are getting this message all of a sudden and what we can do to prevent this?

Thanks in advance.

<script type="text/javascript">// function bodyOnLoad() { } function bodyOnBeforeUnload() { } function bodyOnFocus() { } function bodyOnUnload() { } // </script>

Folks;

I would like to find a few folks who would be willing to beta test an iPhone app.

I'm not sure of the protocol for doing this on these discussion boards and I don't want to

abuse the privilge of using these discussions....

Can someone suggest what I might do?

Is this Mac related discussion the best place or is there another more appropriate board to look for iphone users?

Thanks,
Steve

Hello,

Our organization uses SFDC to track the sale and proposals of professional services.  We track these using Opportunity Products, which have Opportunities as a parent object.

When creating a new Opportunity in SFDC, we need to add a new Service at the same time.  An opportunity's total price is based upon the total price of its related service(s).

The problem is, we don't seem to have a way to set the default price of Quantity to "1" on this standard field.  When users create a new Opportunity, they are constantly asked for the value, which has to always be "1".

We can use a validation rule to ensure people put the right information in (must be 1), but there is still a lot of confusion to our users who will try to put in the Service Amount (what is supposed to go in the "Sales Price" field) in the Quantity field, or try to input a value that's unacceptable.

Ideally, this field wouldn't even be visible on the "Save and Add Service" screen, since we only add one service at a time with a specific Amount (aka "Sales Price").  So far, I haven't found a way to remove it, or come up with an easy workaround since it's part of SFDC's standard setup.

We'd love to have it in read-only mode, but that doesn't appear possible either, and are getting a little frustrated.  Does anyone know of a way to enable read-only settings on this field, or can think of another solution?

Thanks for any ideas!

General question:  what is the best way to develop a custom mail merge pulling data from multiple objects into MS Word?  I can generate mail merge on a single object and know how do do the basics (mail merge from single object).

I'm using the nonprofit starter pack and want to run a mail merge with ms word (either individual or mass) from donations tied to organizations as well as contacts.  The basic mail merge works with donations tied to contacts. 

• January 16, 2010