Replies

I have following formula:

IF(
  LEN( GPS_Customer__c ) > 0,
  HYPERLINK("/" & GPS_Customer__r.Id , GPS_Customer__r.Name__c ,'_self'),
  ""
)

Explanation:

If customer (lookup) is given to object "Time entry", let's generate "Customer name" hyperlink which points out to customer object (custom object).

(Customer ID is autonumerated field (CUS-{0}) and therefore i have created this another formula field to hide cryptic ID from application users)

Everything works well at salesforce:

Testcompany Ltd link points out to proper record at Salesforce.

But when i export report into Excel:

Customer name field is not working anymore.

Expected result should be: Testcompany Ltd without link

Suggestions how to tackle this without creating another custom formula field called "Customer link"?

Thanks in advance.

• January 30, 2009
I have just created a new custom object called Book.
How can I grant full read/write/delete permissions for some part of my organisation?

Problem example:
1. Administrator user will create five book records into custom object
2. John Doe know that book number three is not in use anymore but he cannot delete it because administrator user owns the record.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_concepts_security.htm
Full Access = "All Users and Groups can view, edit, transfer, delete, and share the record. (Only available for campaigns as an organization-wide default setting.)"
  • January 14, 2009
I have just created a new custom object called Book.
How can I grant full read/write/delete permissions for some part of my organisation?

Problem example:
1. Administrator user will create five book records into custom object
2. John Doe know that book number three is not in use anymore but he cannot delete it because administrator user owns the record.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_concepts_security.htm
Full Access = "All Users and Groups can view, edit, transfer, delete, and share the record. (Only available for campaigns as an organization-wide default setting.)"
  • January 14, 2009
I'm starting to do some research into what it would take to create a Visualforce popup window similar to the standard salesforce lookup windows.  For now, my intention is to try to come up with a stronger lookup window for one of our custom objects, and at the moment I plant to create a link on a visualforce page to bring the popup up.  (This link will be right next to the existing standard salesforce lookup icon.)

I figured I'd start by seeing if anyone else has had any success doing something like this.  The items I am going to tackle first are:

1.  Create the popup window.  -  Don't expect this to be a problem.
2.  Pass parameters to the popup through the URL - Don't expect this to be a problem.
3.  Emulate the existing functionality of an existing Salesforce lookup, so that the lookup window will disappear automatically if the parent window is reselected - Not sure how to implement this one yet
4.  Pass a value, in this case, an Id back to the parent window - Not sure how I'm going to do this, but I'm going to attempt to pass some sort of callback function into the popup so it can return a value

Being able to do something like this leads to the need to be able to override standard Salesforce lookup functionality.  That way this could be easily implemented on standard pages, in addition to VisualForce pages.

If anyone has attempted something like this with Visualforce yet, any learnings would be great!

Thanks!

Jon Keener