• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello

for the application I am trying to design I will need to have cities and locations being codified with their respective UN/LOC codes.  

Data set is available here http://www.unece.org/cefact/codesfortrade/codes_index.htm and importing it  in my Org is not an issue, however I am afraid the size of this dataset  will fill in my size limits and if eventually application is distributed, will create a lot of overhead for the customer in terms of taking space.

My question is: is there a provisioning whereby this (and similar public datasets) can be hosted in SF environment and customers will have access to them (in read only mode), using them as references

Thanks

R. 

• March 18, 2010

Hello

I have added a custom list button for the list view. button is showing  VF page

I wonder why this button is not visible in the initial list view and is visible only after I press Go! button

any way to get this button immediately visible?

On completely unrelated note, searching in discussion groups does not allow me to go to the Next pages in the resultset .

Thanks

• April 03, 2009

Hello

I have a couple of custom object that logically can be grouped in a single Tab called options, besides the fact 

that i try not to litter too much main tab area  with tab per object

what I have done is VF page assigned to VF tab "Options". This page contains set of commandLinks (one per object). when clicked this command links redirect to separate detail VF page  per object .

This detail VF page is simple, something like this:

<apex:page tabStyle="Options__tab" controller="LocationsController">
   <apex:form >
    <apex:commandbutton value="Back to Options" action="{!Back}"/>
    <hr/>
   </apex:form> 
    <apex:ListViews type="UN_Locations__c" id="LocationList"/>
</apex:page>

In there I preserve the TabStype of main Options page and simply show ListView of the object

This is working extermely nice, until I click on an item, than i get the detail of the object (for edit, delete)

but than the style is different than default Options style and no Tab is selected on the standard Tab palette, so it is  kind of inconsistent where the user is.

How can I preserve the tab style in the detail page object? Does this mean I have to override New/Edit buttons with yet another set of VF pages just to put  tabStyle="Options__tab" in them?

Thanks in advance

• February 24, 2009

Hello

probably very stupid question, but i am newbie

I will have a VF page ( called page3 for example) that may be used fm more than one VF page

what is the best way to navigate  fm page1 (with command button or outputlink) to page3

so that when i am on page3, page3 "knows" where to return to (via custom Back link)

• January 27, 2009

Hello,

Will appreciate an advise how can i have my VF page start with certain  pageBlocksectio(s) collapsed by default

Thanks

• January 22, 2009
Hello
I am force.com newbie trying to learn.

In designing my first custom objects, I noticed that Record name field, when selected to be in format Text
automatically assigns size of 80.

Is there any way to create Custom Objects with size different than default one (80)

Thanks in advance

• January 14, 2009

Hello

probably very stupid question, but i am newbie

I will have a VF page ( called page3 for example) that may be used fm more than one VF page

what is the best way to navigate  fm page1 (with command button or outputlink) to page3

so that when i am on page3, page3 "knows" where to return to (via custom Back link)

• January 27, 2009

Hello,

Will appreciate an advise how can i have my VF page start with certain  pageBlocksectio(s) collapsed by default

Thanks

• January 22, 2009
Hello
I am force.com newbie trying to learn.

In designing my first custom objects, I noticed that Record name field, when selected to be in format Text
automatically assigns size of 80.

Is there any way to create Custom Objects with size different than default one (80)

Thanks in advance

• January 14, 2009