• 40 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I thought that this would be a simple matter of linking the picture to the template via img src="URL_of_picture." However, it's not working and I'm going nuts.

The template is marked as being "available for use." Really, it's just a delivery system for the jpeg, which contains all the information that's needed in the email.

I have the jpeg file uploaded into the document folder. The jpeg is marked as being an "Externally Available Image", the folder it's in is "accessible by all users".

When I look at the template, there's no problem. The picture shows as expected. However, when I try a test email, all that I get is a box with a red x.

If I load the picture to an external source, such as Photobucket or tinypic, there is no problem in seeing the email. However, I don't like the idea of using external sources, I want to just load the picture into SalesForce and use it. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really, really need an answer to this by Friday.

Thanks in advance,

Jill

• April 08, 2010

I want to create a button on the opportunity page that creates a special kind of task "Request Contract". I want it to assign the task to a particular individual and link it to the opportunity. So far, I've been able to create the task and assign it to a particular person.

However, I can't figure out how to link it to the opportunity. Or rather, I can't figure out how to pass the opportunity's ID to the task. Everything I've tried just results in an error message. Even when I insert the opportunity ID from the "insert merge field" drop down box, the button doesn't work.

Can somebody help with this?

Thanks in advance.

J.

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/16.0/connection.js" )}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/16.0/apex.js" )}

var t1= new sforce.SObject("Task" );
t1.OwnerId = "00530000001itnL";//SFDC ID of user record
t1.Subject = "Requesting Contract";
t1.Status = "Not Started";
t1.Priority = "Normal";
t1.What = {!Opportunity.Id}

result = sforce.connection.create([t1]);

• February 19, 2010
I need to add a mail merge button on the contract field, but I have no idea where to start. I would think this would be a basic thing to create a button that works like the mail merge button on contacts and accounts, but none of the examples I've seen addresses how to do this.
  • February 19, 2010

Hello,

Is there a quick way to copy the territory assignment rules over to the lead assignment rules?

• July 30, 2009

When I set up a report to group by "Forecast Category", I get lines for "Closed", "Pipeline" and "Omitted". What I want are lines for "Closed", "Pipeline" and "Closed + Pipeline". I see that "Closed + Pipeline" is available in the "Select Columns to Total" section and I can group by "Closed + Pipeline" (not that grouping by "Closed + Pipeline" is helpful).

Is there a way to get the report to look like:

Closed + Pipeline ________________

Pipeline ____________________

Closed ____________________

• July 23, 2009
Is it possible to add custom fields to price books?
  • July 15, 2009

Is there such a thing as an intermediate table in SalesForce? By this I mean, I have two types of products (hardware and software). I would like assets to point to only hardware products and my custom object 'assays' to point to only software products.

I'm thinking that it would work if I could have an intermediate table that holds only one type of product (but would be updated everytime somebody updated the product table with the appropriate type of product.)

Thanks in advance!

• June 18, 2009

Hello,

What I need is something like a multi-select picklist, only instead of just picking the name(s) of the assays, I need to be able to select (or enter) the name of the assay and add the number of assays that the customer uses.

I'm picturing something like a spreadsheet. I don't see that option in the datatypes. Is there a quick way to add or create one? I'm on a very tight deadline. (I have three hours to come up with a solution.)

Edited to add: A table might work, too. Or anything where I can have two different fields per item.

Message Edited by JillW on 06-11-2009 09:50 AM
Message Edited by JillW on 06-11-2009 10:50 AM
  • June 11, 2009

I want the Opportunity Territory to be automatically filled in with the territory from the Account. Can anybody tell me the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

• May 28, 2009

In the Asset object, when I choose a Product, it automatically puts the Product Name into the Asset Name. I want to do something similiar in Opportunity.

I've created a picklist for Opportunity Description. I want the Opportunity Name to be filled in with the Opportunity Description immediately after the user selects an Opportunity Description.

How is this done in Assets and how can I recreate that in Opportunities?

• May 28, 2009

Is it possible to create combo boxes in SalesForce? If so, how?

Thanks,

J.

• March 16, 2009

Hello,

I have two custom Activity fields: Result (picklist) and Result Date.

When somebody selects a Result, I want the Result Date to be filled in with the current date.

I can't figure out what the proper syntax is. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance!

• March 03, 2009

I would like to change the Opportunity Name from being a text box to being a drop down box.

Failing that, I would like to insert a drop down box that people can use to fill in the Opportunity Name box.

What is the correct syntax to use in order to get SalesForce to fill in the name in from the drop down box.

In pseudo code, what I want is:

If Drop Down is Not Null, then name = Account Name + _ + Drop Down List Value.

Thanks in advance!

• March 03, 2009

Hi, again.

Is it possible to integrate the territory name into a mail merge document? If so, how?

Thanks!

• February 16, 2009

Hello,

Is there a way to automatically assign an account by territory? (That is, if Territory = Los Angeles, then owner = Mary, else if Territory = San Francisco, then owner = John.)

• February 13, 2009

Is there a way in SalesForce to match nicknames to legal names:

Example for Contacts: Jim to James, Tom to Thomas, Billy to William.

Example for Accounts: CDC to Center for Disease Control.

• February 03, 2009

Is it possible to have a zip code range in one line?

Example line 1 says "zip code Is Between 90000 and 93226".

As opposed to line 1 saying "zip code >= 90000" and line 2 saying " zip code <= 93226"

• January 31, 2009

I want to set a trigger (or workflow?) on the territories so that they automatically assign a value to our custom field, Region.

Example: If the Territory is SW, then the Region should be WEST. If the Territory is NE, then the Region should be EAST.

Edited to add: Region is a picklist with five options. Can somebody tell me what the correct syntax is?

Message Edited by JillW on 01-29-2009 01:43 PM
  • January 29, 2009
When you're in the Account Edit page, the "related list" objects do not show up. Is there a way to create an object from the edit page (such as through a pop up window?)
  • January 16, 2009

Looking to leverage SF's CRM to house and manage all of our customer databases with the ability to see one view of all customer activity.  Not sure where to start.  All suggestions welcome.  Thx...

I want to create a button on the opportunity page that creates a special kind of task "Request Contract". I want it to assign the task to a particular individual and link it to the opportunity. So far, I've been able to create the task and assign it to a particular person.

However, I can't figure out how to link it to the opportunity. Or rather, I can't figure out how to pass the opportunity's ID to the task. Everything I've tried just results in an error message. Even when I insert the opportunity ID from the "insert merge field" drop down box, the button doesn't work.

Can somebody help with this?

Thanks in advance.

J.

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/16.0/connection.js" )}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/16.0/apex.js" )}

var t1= new sforce.SObject("Task" );
t1.OwnerId = "00530000001itnL";//SFDC ID of user record
t1.Subject = "Requesting Contract";
t1.Status = "Not Started";
t1.Priority = "Normal";
t1.What = {!Opportunity.Id}

result = sforce.connection.create([t1]);

• February 19, 2010
I need to add a mail merge button on the contract field, but I have no idea where to start. I would think this would be a basic thing to create a button that works like the mail merge button on contacts and accounts, but none of the examples I've seen addresses how to do this.
  • February 19, 2010

When I set up a report to group by "Forecast Category", I get lines for "Closed", "Pipeline" and "Omitted". What I want are lines for "Closed", "Pipeline" and "Closed + Pipeline". I see that "Closed + Pipeline" is available in the "Select Columns to Total" section and I can group by "Closed + Pipeline" (not that grouping by "Closed + Pipeline" is helpful).

Is there a way to get the report to look like:

Closed + Pipeline ________________

Pipeline ____________________

Closed ____________________

• July 23, 2009
Is it possible to add custom fields to price books?
  • July 15, 2009

Hello,

What I need is something like a multi-select picklist, only instead of just picking the name(s) of the assays, I need to be able to select (or enter) the name of the assay and add the number of assays that the customer uses.

I'm picturing something like a spreadsheet. I don't see that option in the datatypes. Is there a quick way to add or create one? I'm on a very tight deadline. (I have three hours to come up with a solution.)

Edited to add: A table might work, too. Or anything where I can have two different fields per item.

Message Edited by JillW on 06-11-2009 09:50 AM
Message Edited by JillW on 06-11-2009 10:50 AM
  • June 11, 2009

I want the Opportunity Territory to be automatically filled in with the territory from the Account. Can anybody tell me the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

• May 28, 2009

In the Asset object, when I choose a Product, it automatically puts the Product Name into the Asset Name. I want to do something similiar in Opportunity.

I've created a picklist for Opportunity Description. I want the Opportunity Name to be filled in with the Opportunity Description immediately after the user selects an Opportunity Description.

How is this done in Assets and how can I recreate that in Opportunities?

• May 28, 2009
Hello all,

This might seem like a pretty elementary question but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to export data from Salesforce. On the help section, it says I'll need the "Apex Data Loader export wizard". Where do I find that and how do I install that?

Thank you.

Vince
How would you go about developing territory management functionality at the county level in SF.com?

We would like the ability to define territories by their 5 digit FIPS code and then assign each county to a sales rep.

We have tried using the roles approach, but can only get down to a user level, not geography.