• 70 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a sandbox on a production system that I've been able to successfully use with the Apex Data Loader and the Eclipse Force IDE for several months.

Today, I can no longer login to my sandbox account with either tool.  I reset my security token, but I still cannot login.  I am able to login to the production system without problems with these tools.  I can also login to the sandbox from the Browser without problems.

Please help!

Thanks,

Dave

I've got an idea for an improvement to Salesforce, but don't know who I would send it to, so I'm posting it here.

I would like to have an option to create a custom data type. Basically, what this would be is a set of the primitive data types (text, picklist, checkbox, etc.) already available on Salesforce. They would be associated with one another and treated as a single piece of data.

For example, I need a way to store Fiscal Year End in our accounts.  I can think of several ways to do this, but none of them are good.  What I really need is a datatype that stores just month and date information with no year.  I could use dependant picklists, but then the display would be very un-user-friendly.

Instead, I'd like to be able to define a custom data type that has a Month and Day field, and displays them as "MM/DD" or "Month DD".

Where would I send this idea?

We have a custom object (Plan) which has an Account lookup field.  I'd like to code business owners using contacts or contact roles, then have a roll-up of that appear on a Plan.

I thought I would be able to do a roll-up of contacts in the Account object, then use a formula field to pull that into the plan, but I couldn't find a way to do a roll-up of contacts.  Any idea how do do this?

Is there a way to restrict searches of custom objects based on the value of a pick list or check box?

We have records that we mark as inactive that we would like to exclude from searches by default, but optionally include.

What is the best way to do this?

I have an object called Trust. A Trust has one of two values: "Daily Valuation" or "Trust Accounting". Depending on which option is chosen I would like to display one group of fields or another.

Is this possible? Would this require Apex?

We have several fields where we need to store the date and month, but don't need the year. One example of this would be the fiscal year end for each of our clients. It doesn't look like the date data type lets you store just the month and date information.

What would be the best way to store this?

One of our old record keeping systems is a dBase V system. I'm trying to set up Data Loader so that it can update records in this old system.

I've been able to configure all the necessary files to extract data to CSV from the command line, but I don't know how to properly configure database-conf.xml to store this data in our dBase V system. I can easily link the dBase tables into an Access database, so if there is an easy way to insert this data into Access, that would also work.

Since there are no JDBC drivers for either dBase or Access, I'm trying to use the Sun JDBC-ODBC bridge to insert data into Access. Data Loader is balking at the "url" parameter needed to locate a database. Here is my database-conf.xml file.

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
 <bean id="dbDataSource"
    class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
    destroy-method="close">
  <property name="driverClassName" value="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver" />
  <property name="url" value="
file:///C:/PTIsynch/synch.mdb" />
 </bean>
 <bean id="PTI_InsertSFUser"
    class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig"
    singleton="true">
  <property name="sqlConfig" ref="PTI_InsertSFUserSql" />
  <property name="dataSource" ref="dbDataSource" />
 </bean>
 <bean id="PTI_InsertSFUserSql"
    class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.SqlConfig"
    singleton="true">
  <property name="sqlString">
   <value>
    INSERT INTO SFUsers
         (SFID, Fname, Lname)
     VALUES (@sfdcID@, @sfdcFirstName@, @sfdcLastName@)
   </value>
  </property>
  <property name="sqlParams">
   <map>
    <entry key="sfdcID" value="java.lang.String" />
    <entry key="sfdcFirstName" value="java.lang.String" />
    <entry key="sfdcLastName" value="java.lang.String" />
   </map>
  </property>
 </bean>
</beans>

Message Edited by HaydenMuhl on 01-29-2009 04:28 PM

I'm trying to run the Data Loader from the command line, and am running into problems.  First, I tried running it using as instructed in the Help & Training section.

C:\WINDOWS>java -jar DataLoader.jar
Unable to access jarfile DataLoader.jar

So, I tried specifying the full path.

C:\WINDOWS>java -jar "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 14.0\Data
Loader.jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3063 in
java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:100)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:18)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.<clinit>(Widget.java:66)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.LexiLoaderRunner.main(LexiLoaderRun
ner.java:53)

Then, I tried to tell it where to find the library.

C:\WINDOWS>java -Djava.library.path="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data L
oader 14.0\" -jar "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 14.0\DataLoa
der.jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\salesforce/com\
Apex
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Files\salesforce.com\Apex
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: Files\salesforce.com\Apex.  Program will exit.

What the heck am I doing wrong?!

I have an object called Trust. A Trust has one of two values: "Daily Valuation" or "Trust Accounting". Depending on which option is chosen I would like to display one group of fields or another.

Is this possible? Would this require Apex?

You'd think I could figure this one out by myself... I'm stuck.

I have a custom report, which I'm trying to move from the 'unfiled public reports' folder to the standard 'sales' folder.

My sales folder is set up properly:

Yet I still can't select it when I try 'save as' on my custom report:

Suggestions, anyone? kthnx!

I have a sandbox on a production system that I've been able to successfully use with the Apex Data Loader and the Eclipse Force IDE for several months.

Today, I can no longer login to my sandbox account with either tool.  I reset my security token, but I still cannot login.  I am able to login to the production system without problems with these tools.  I can also login to the sandbox from the Browser without problems.

Please help!

Thanks,

Dave

We have several fields where we need to store the date and month, but don't need the year. One example of this would be the fiscal year end for each of our clients. It doesn't look like the date data type lets you store just the month and date information.

What would be the best way to store this?

One of our old record keeping systems is a dBase V system. I'm trying to set up Data Loader so that it can update records in this old system.

I've been able to configure all the necessary files to extract data to CSV from the command line, but I don't know how to properly configure database-conf.xml to store this data in our dBase V system. I can easily link the dBase tables into an Access database, so if there is an easy way to insert this data into Access, that would also work.

Since there are no JDBC drivers for either dBase or Access, I'm trying to use the Sun JDBC-ODBC bridge to insert data into Access. Data Loader is balking at the "url" parameter needed to locate a database. Here is my database-conf.xml file.

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
 <bean id="dbDataSource"
    class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
    destroy-method="close">
  <property name="driverClassName" value="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver" />
  <property name="url" value="
file:///C:/PTIsynch/synch.mdb" />
 </bean>
 <bean id="PTI_InsertSFUser"
    class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig"
    singleton="true">
  <property name="sqlConfig" ref="PTI_InsertSFUserSql" />
  <property name="dataSource" ref="dbDataSource" />
 </bean>
 <bean id="PTI_InsertSFUserSql"
    class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.SqlConfig"
    singleton="true">
  <property name="sqlString">
   <value>
    INSERT INTO SFUsers
         (SFID, Fname, Lname)
     VALUES (@sfdcID@, @sfdcFirstName@, @sfdcLastName@)
   </value>
  </property>
  <property name="sqlParams">
   <map>
    <entry key="sfdcID" value="java.lang.String" />
    <entry key="sfdcFirstName" value="java.lang.String" />
    <entry key="sfdcLastName" value="java.lang.String" />
   </map>
  </property>
 </bean>
</beans>

Message Edited by HaydenMuhl on 01-29-2009 04:28 PM

Hi all,

I can see that Dataloader can be used from the Command Line to extract and import data from / to other databases. This might be especially useful in circumstances where data needs to be migrated from Oracle / SQL Server / MySQL, ...

I can´t see any documentation as to how to get this configured though, none of the links I found have any information about this, all I have are the files under /conf/sample folder.

I am interested in any documentation that explains how to connect to this datasources to extract data from different sources and import it into Salesforce.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks,

J

• January 29, 2009

Hi there,

It may sound like childish but I have never used DataLoader with CLI, I have arequirement where I have to 

insert records in ObjectA, and then in ObjectB, I know its not possible via Dataloader in one shot

Is there any way using CLI where DL does it for me in batch process???

Any other workaround???

Regards

-kamran

Message Edited by kamran on 01-27-2009 12:14 PM
  • January 27, 2009