• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to write a validation rule that would on the Opportunity ...

If the Probability is greater then 10% then the user must add an OpportunityLineItem (product)...

Could this be done through Validation?

If so how?

Thanks

Hi all,

Our business is at the stage where we wish to display the dashboards across multiple TV's showing dashboards on a rotating schedule. These dashboards will come straight from SFDC and ideally show the metrics one by one.

Have any other users' SFDC environment done this?

The trouble I am having is relaying the metrics one by one as I am not sure where these can be built. Maybe VF?  But from what I read this can not be done.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Fleetman

Morning/Afternoon all,

I am a little stuck on an issue which i would love to hear other peoples solution to. i have a need to create a follow up task that is automatically created once a task is completed and the Activity Type cotains a certain value. I understand this can be done using workflow, however, there are several limitations in doing it this way.

What i need to occur is for the newly created task to contain values from certain fields from the previous (orginal) task. Therefore there is information from the first task showing in the second task. Fields like Quote_Number__c, Activity Type are two fields that i need carried across.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Appreciate peoples assistance.

Fleetman

Hi All,

Im beginning to learn Apex, so bare with me! ive been faced with a curly one to start me off with learning Apex and i am a little stuck already. Here is the situation:

* 2 objects involved - Customer Satisfaction Index (will call it CSI here on in) and Tasks.

* On the CSI object, there are a number of Tasks that need to be completed by the Account Owner. These tasks are created via workflow from the CSI Object and are therefore Tasks

* What i require is a COUNT of all the Tasks that have the status as "Completed" relating to that CSI to be displayed in the field Completed_Tasks_c on the CSI object.

Im having trouble with the COUNT part of it displaying in the Completed Tasks field.

Any help? Thanking you all in advance.

Cheers

Hi All,

Needing assistance. I would love to be able to build a workflow that will email the contact an email template when a new task has been raised against them, similar to the way 'Send Notification Email' functionality works on Cases. I understand this kind of functionality is NOT possible on Tasks (please correct me if I am wrong).

Has anyone worked out a way around this?

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers

Fleetman

Hi All,

Having a little issue with displaying the status of a case at the Account level. On the case page there is a 'colour status' field (Green, Amber, Red). When the status of a case is RED, i want this displayed at the Account level in the custom field 'Case Colour'.

If the Account has multiple cases and only one is red, this needs to be shown at the Account Level. I know i cant use Rollup field (as it isnt a master-detail relationship) and Workflow wont work due to cross-object workflow not working on standard object. Maybe a simple scontrol? im not up to that level yet though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fleet

Hi all,

I have built a pretty cool little app where the user selects from a list of questions on a custom object called "CSI" what tasks they would like to add to the Account. The ones they have selected, the workflow creates a task for them. The questions are listed on a Custom Object called "CSI" and is a master-detail to the Account.

I need to have the ability to display a figure showing how many of these CSI tasks have been completed and how many havent. Obviously it cant be a roll-up or a cross object formula, so it needs to be a scontrol.

Any ideas guys??

Cheers in advance.

*Fleetman*

Looking for people with these skills to join a consultancy in Melbourne Australia.
  • October 22, 2009

Hi All,

Im beginning to learn Apex, so bare with me! ive been faced with a curly one to start me off with learning Apex and i am a little stuck already. Here is the situation:

* 2 objects involved - Customer Satisfaction Index (will call it CSI here on in) and Tasks.

* On the CSI object, there are a number of Tasks that need to be completed by the Account Owner. These tasks are created via workflow from the CSI Object and are therefore Tasks

* What i require is a COUNT of all the Tasks that have the status as "Completed" relating to that CSI to be displayed in the field Completed_Tasks_c on the CSI object.

Im having trouble with the COUNT part of it displaying in the Completed Tasks field.

Any help? Thanking you all in advance.

Cheers

How can I hide the new button on the case tab from certain users, or from a custom tab?  I have users who can create new workorders (custom object) through a custom button on the cases page, but they should not do so directly from the workorders page. 
  • April 03, 2009

I need to write a validation rule that would on the Opportunity ...

If the Probability is greater then 10% then the user must add an OpportunityLineItem (product)...

Could this be done through Validation?

If so how?

Thanks