• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have been working with visualforce pages for a few weeks now and I getting the hang of it.  I was able to follow the dynamic edit layout fairly easily.  Now i am wondering if you can have dynamic sections of your page that function off more than one parameter.  Example

I want to show a certain pageblocksection when the Stage is set to Closed and Type of Opportunity = Retail.  So basically when two different picklist values match.

Is this possible?  I have been researching and trying for a while now to get it working but just banging my head against the wall.  Any help would be much appreciated.

So i had this idea of having someway to push a contact id from a parent account down to all the child accounts.  Has anyone ever done something like this.  I am an apex noob and just trying to find some starting ground.

I am trying to create a validation rule that requires the lookup field be filled in.  I have tried ISNULL ="" LEN=0 to no avail. 

Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I built a custom object that is going to basically be clone or very similar to cases.  It is related to the account and i want the ability to close out just like a case.  I am attempting to create a custom button for close that brings you to a different page layout where you would put in the resolution etc.  then the status would be changed to close.  Once the object is closed that would be the default page layout people see when they go to that particular record. 

Anyone have any suggestions on the java script i would need to do this?  I am sure it is fairly simple as it is done on cases.  Thanks in advance for the help.

I have been working with visualforce pages for a few weeks now and I getting the hang of it.  I was able to follow the dynamic edit layout fairly easily.  Now i am wondering if you can have dynamic sections of your page that function off more than one parameter.  Example

I want to show a certain pageblocksection when the Stage is set to Closed and Type of Opportunity = Retail.  So basically when two different picklist values match.

Is this possible?  I have been researching and trying for a while now to get it working but just banging my head against the wall.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, I have several detail page button on opportunity to make it easier for users to do certain things like creating contract from the opportunity.

Now I am trying to override the opportunity detail view page, and I dont know how to add those custom buttons to the page layout. It seems like I can only add standard buttons like "edit", "delete" buttons.

Also, how to add the "clone", "Sharing" button to the page layout... I got error:

Error: Unknown method 'OpportunityStandardController.clone()'

Hi,

We have a custom object hooked up to the Account object called "Environment." It basically tells our users what our customers current software environment is. We have a lookup field on our Cases that points to the Environment in question for a particular Case.

The problem is that whenever we update our Environment, the lookup is going to point to that Environment as it currently exists, not as it existed at the time of the Case.

To fix this, I'm trying to create a workflow rule that updates a text field on the Case object to display what the Environment's "Release #" is at the time of the Case. It's just a static field and we don't want it to change.

So I've set up a workflow rule for Cases with the criteria:

ISCHANGED(Environment__c)

(Where "Environment__c" is the lookup field on the Case.)

So when the "Environment__c" is chosen, it should update a standard text field "Static Release #" on the Case object to display what the "Release #" is on the Environment case.

What I'm trying to do with the field update workflow:

"Static Release #" = "Environment__r.Release#__c"

Of course, if I try to do that it tells me I need to pick a CASE() or ISPICKVAL() formula, and neither of those look remotely helpful.

Am I doing something wrong or is this beyond the realms of SFDC?

Message Edited by TGH on 02-26-2009 11:05 AM
  • February 26, 2009

I am having an issue creating a custom formula /field using the Account and Parent Account fields.

For some reason when I go to the account set-up and click:

Fields > Create New Field > Data Type Formula > Text (and create a new string formula

I cannot find the Parent account field to insert into the formula. The word Parent does not work either..Essentially I want to create a field that checks for a parent, if the parent is blank then the field uses the account name. I was thinking about using the following formula... but, does not seem to be the correct syntax

IF(ISNULL(Parent), Account, Parent)

Thanks for you help!!

I built a custom object that is going to basically be clone or very similar to cases.  It is related to the account and i want the ability to close out just like a case.  I am attempting to create a custom button for close that brings you to a different page layout where you would put in the resolution etc.  then the status would be changed to close.  Once the object is closed that would be the default page layout people see when they go to that particular record. 

Anyone have any suggestions on the java script i would need to do this?  I am sure it is fairly simple as it is done on cases.  Thanks in advance for the help.

I want to make the state/province field required on a lead when a user tries to convert the lead to an account. The state field is not required when the lead is created as the user may not know the state at this point.  When the user is ready to convert a lead the state field needs to be known and populated.  The issue is how to make it required only on the conversion and not on the save. I have thought about validations rules, workflow rules and possibly a trigger.  Though I encounter the problem of the required state error occurs on the save not on the conversion.
  • February 03, 2009
hey
I need to create a custom button for projects so that when pressed it will automatically close the project. Its similar to the one thats used to close a case
Any help appreciated