• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am having an issue creating a custom formula /field using the Account and Parent Account fields.

For some reason when I go to the account set-up and click:

Fields > Create New Field > Data Type Formula > Text (and create a new string formula

I cannot find the Parent account field to insert into the formula. The word Parent does not work either..Essentially I want to create a field that checks for a parent, if the parent is blank then the field uses the account name. I was thinking about using the following formula... but, does not seem to be the correct syntax

IF(ISNULL(Parent), Account, Parent)

Thanks for you help!!

I am having an issue creating a custom formula /field using the Account and Parent Account fields.

For some reason when I go to the account set-up and click:

Fields > Create New Field > Data Type Formula > Text (and create a new string formula

I cannot find the Parent account field to insert into the formula. The word Parent does not work either..Essentially I want to create a field that checks for a parent, if the parent is blank then the field uses the account name. I was thinking about using the following formula... but, does not seem to be the correct syntax

IF(ISNULL(Parent), Account, Parent)

Thanks for you help!!