• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When deleting a LEAD or a CONTACT using the REST API, Salesforce is blocking the action because it says the object is tied to an existing case. Sure enough, when I went to delete the object it created a case. The only way to fix this is to close the case and then delete it. Is it possible to have the delete happen without creating a case (maybe a setting or a special header / parameter)? I can't seem to find a way to either (1) bock the case from being created or (2) force the case to be created, close it, then delete the record. Reason being that the case seems to be created automatically when I try to delete and thus, the delete fails with no hint as to the case created when looking at the raw JSON response.

This is part of a utility I have that purges my leads & contacts in my SF dev instance, creates a bunch of sample data & then runs automated tests against a process that utilizes the REST API. RIght now it seems a lot easier to manually log into the dev instance, run a mass delete against all leads & contacts and then run the import routine... however this isn't really an automated test (something I'd like to run nightly).

Looking through the REST API documentation & searching this forum, I am not finding much information if it is posible and if so, how, to submit a batch of sfObject create / updates. Is it possible?

Would each transaction count against the 5,000 API limit in 24hrs or would the batch count as 1?

I'm currently using the username/password authentication to get a sessionID in an app that uses the SOAP API. I'd like to move my app to REST. One thing that keeps tripping me up is that it sems like every case I've seen mentioned in the docs shows that the user always has to authenticate ON SALESFORCE.COM as part of the process. This doesn't work for me as my app runs on its own to authenticate and read/write to my SF database.

Is this possible with OAuth? Looking at the supported flows, every instance to me looks like you have to send the user to SF.COM to authenticate. Is this true?

I'd like to replicate my production DB schema & a subset of the data over to my existing developer account so I can do some testing on some code I'm writing. I obviously don't want to test my stuff against production that involves read/writes and eating away at my daily API call limit.

Is this possible?

If not, is it possible to take a SF export and import into my developer account, overwriting EVERYTHING (data, triggers, etc) that's there?

I'm trying to write something that will look at all my leads & contacts and all objects that have changed since a specified date/time. Is this possible?

I've got a custom process where I need keep my local store updated with what SalesForce has for various reasons. I'm frequently hitting our 5,000 daily API call limit and trying to optimize some of the SF service calls we're making. Therefore I'd like to make things a lot smarter...

I had created a free SF developer account, modified my developer SF DB with custom fields, generated the WSDL and wrote an app that would add data via the Web Services to my developer SF implementation. Now I want to move it into "production" using one of my real accounts on my production CRM DB in SF. However when I login using the account on developer.salesforce.com and go to Setup>Develop>API, I get a link pointing me back to developer.salesforce.com. I can't figure out how to configure this account to let me get in and generate the WSDL and the login token info to get my login & password in my app...

Any tips? Can't figure out where I'm going wrong...

We've setup a few custom fields in our Leads & Contacts objects... but I'm not able to see how to get these in from queries or how to update them. So far nothing in the SDK is jumping out or on the wiki. Tips/pointers?

My company has been using SF for a year+ now... but only stand alone. I'm now integreating lead generation and auto management (for those who purchase stuff and converting to opportunities) into our website when people create accounts. That's the easy part...

Once that's done, I'm want to import all our existing accounts in our site into SF as leads. For us, the uniqueness of a person is their email address. I suspect many of the people who've registered on our site are in our SF account, so I don't want to do a big import as it doesn't appear SF treats emails on records as unique. One bruteforce option is to walk through all 10,000+ user accounts on our site to see if they are already in SF and if not, create the lead. Not horrible as I can build a script that can do this overnight, but I'd prefer to avoid it...

I was hoping there was some way to make this easier and quicker... any ideas?

When deleting a LEAD or a CONTACT using the REST API, Salesforce is blocking the action because it says the object is tied to an existing case. Sure enough, when I went to delete the object it created a case. The only way to fix this is to close the case and then delete it. Is it possible to have the delete happen without creating a case (maybe a setting or a special header / parameter)? I can't seem to find a way to either (1) bock the case from being created or (2) force the case to be created, close it, then delete the record. Reason being that the case seems to be created automatically when I try to delete and thus, the delete fails with no hint as to the case created when looking at the raw JSON response.

This is part of a utility I have that purges my leads & contacts in my SF dev instance, creates a bunch of sample data & then runs automated tests against a process that utilizes the REST API. RIght now it seems a lot easier to manually log into the dev instance, run a mass delete against all leads & contacts and then run the import routine... however this isn't really an automated test (something I'd like to run nightly).

Hi,

I'm getting datetime data back in my objects in the following format:

2012-04-24T10:39:00.000+0000

This is not quite the same as what is specified in the api spec at http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_soql_select_dateformats.htm - which specifies a colon in the timezone offset.

My perl ISO 8601 parser doesn't accept this, and I've been advised that the although the ISO standard supports the use of colons in time separators, and supports missing them out, it doesn't support mixing the two in the same timestamp.

specifically: "Referring to ISO 8601:2004.  Clauses 2.3.3 and 2.3.4, defining "basic format" and "extended format", apply the concept to an entire date-and-time representation, rather than to segments of it, and doesn't mention any possibility of mixing the formats.  Clasue 4.2.5.2, defining how to represent local time together with UT offset, separately shows

basic and extended formats where separator usage matches, and doesn't give any explicit permission to mismatch them.  Clause 4.3, on combining date with time of day, behaves similarly."

Is this a small bug in the formatting? Currently I'm looking at having to write my own parser to work around this.

Regards

Carl

I'm currently using the username/password authentication to get a sessionID in an app that uses the SOAP API. I'd like to move my app to REST. One thing that keeps tripping me up is that it sems like every case I've seen mentioned in the docs shows that the user always has to authenticate ON SALESFORCE.COM as part of the process. This doesn't work for me as my app runs on its own to authenticate and read/write to my SF database.

Is this possible with OAuth? Looking at the supported flows, every instance to me looks like you have to send the user to SF.COM to authenticate. Is this true?

Can we use Single Sign-On to authenticate from a desktop application in .net?

I've an Excel addin which I want to use Single Sign-On ... is this feasible? If so ... then any help would be appreciated. 

I've samples online but they are in ASP.net but I'm not sure how it can be turned out into a desktop app. 

• December 28, 2011

I had created a free SF developer account, modified my developer SF DB with custom fields, generated the WSDL and wrote an app that would add data via the Web Services to my developer SF implementation. Now I want to move it into "production" using one of my real accounts on my production CRM DB in SF. However when I login using the account on developer.salesforce.com and go to Setup>Develop>API, I get a link pointing me back to developer.salesforce.com. I can't figure out how to configure this account to let me get in and generate the WSDL and the login token info to get my login & password in my app...

Any tips? Can't figure out where I'm going wrong...

We've setup a few custom fields in our Leads & Contacts objects... but I'm not able to see how to get these in from queries or how to update them. So far nothing in the SDK is jumping out or on the wiki. Tips/pointers?

My company has been using SF for a year+ now... but only stand alone. I'm now integreating lead generation and auto management (for those who purchase stuff and converting to opportunities) into our website when people create accounts. That's the easy part...

Once that's done, I'm want to import all our existing accounts in our site into SF as leads. For us, the uniqueness of a person is their email address. I suspect many of the people who've registered on our site are in our SF account, so I don't want to do a big import as it doesn't appear SF treats emails on records as unique. One bruteforce option is to walk through all 10,000+ user accounts on our site to see if they are already in SF and if not, create the lead. Not horrible as I can build a script that can do this overnight, but I'd prefer to avoid it...

I was hoping there was some way to make this easier and quicker... any ideas?