• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to put together an APEX class that will the User table and return the ID, based on a custom variable called Sales__c, for that user.  The ID will then be used to change the OwnerID field on the Account record.

Regardless of what I can think to try, I keep running in to walls.  Would greatly appreciate a gentle prodding in the correct direction.

Account[] Users = [Select a.Owner.Id, a.Owner.Sales__c from Account a  WHERE a.Owner.Sales__c  = '6579'];

a.OwnerID= Users.Id;

I've been working with several integration models, and have been quite successful in doing almost everything we need through SSIS.  HOWEVER, I've come to a huge brain-free area that I can't seem to think past.  I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I just can't resolve it...

If I do a join SOQL query, pulling back information from two or more tables, how do I pass that information on?

Example from some SFDC documentation:

SELECT Name, (SELECT LastName FROM Contacts) FROM Account

If I run that query, I'll get back one sObject of type Account.  I can't assign anything to an sObject of type Contacts, because that's not what's coming back.

I'd really, really like to be able to write my queries in this fashion, but just can't figure out how to pass the data along.  Once I get the results back, how can I assign it to an sObject for actual use?

Someone, please... Help me get past this blindspot! 

Thanks.

• February 13, 2009

We are trying to do some data integration between salesforce and our database. We use SQL SSIS packages to connect to Salesforce.com.  

To order to access salesforce.com webservice from SQL SSIS package, we need to have .asmx link(URL) for enterprise.wsdl  and dll file of salesforce webservice.

We need to reference saleforce dll to access web methods from VB scripts. We cannot use wdsl file in SSIS. We need to have .asmx url.

Where can I get dll file and .asmx link for enterprise.wsdl file.

Help me please.

Thank you.