• 125 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a weird error in my Developer instance: since a couple of weeks I can't install apps anymore. Regardless of the browser or computer that I use, after agreeing on the terms & conditions, clicking login, and confirming my password, I get redirected to login.salesforce.com. If I login I just get into my normal Salesforce instance and the application has not been installed. 

I recorded a 1-minute video that shows the error:

http://screencast.com/t/MjljNDIzYW

Thanks for any tips!

Jep

I've spent today making sure our listing "install count" is correct (we were deprecating old packages, which negatively impacts the "install count" per this discussion board post).

On the "Publishing" tab of the AppExchange, the install count is the sum of the "Installs" column in the "Your Uploaded Packages" table for packages linked to that AppEx listing.

However, the "Installs" column of that table is not correct - only our most recent packages have a non-zero value.

Despite their "0" value in the "Installs" column, I know the older packages were installed as my LMA "Licenses" tab shows those version being installed.

Here is the "Your Uploaded Packages" table for our oldest package versions:

And here is an excerpt of our Licenses tab, showing that those versions are still installed at certain customers:

(note that the "Version" here is our version stamp, not the salesforce version number, as our packages pre-date Salesforce version number so we ended up with two numbering systems).

Not getting credit for these 10 installs isn't a big deal, but there are other old versions that are very widely installed but whose "Install" count on the AppEx "Publishing" tab still reads zero - that makes dozens (if not hundreds) of installs that aren't reflected in our App's "Install" count.

Salesforce support - I opened case 03411805 in the partner portal to track this issue.

Message Edited by jhart on 03-22-2010 04:55 PM
  • March 22, 2010

Hi,

I am not trying to package something but just an admin trying to install a package.  I thought this would be an appropriate place to post this question.  

When trying to install an app with the new force.com checkout,  I sign in, then I go to the Confirm Installation screen, I check the box that says I agree to the terms, and then clcik install, and enter my password again when prompted.  After that, instead of installing the package, I just keep landing back at the install confirmation screen.  I have encountered this with more than one package that I have attempted to install, and have also experienced this problem rectifying itself, seemingly randomly.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?  Its really annoying.

I know the silly rules about one managed package per DE and all.

But if I get 2 DE accounts and each upload, can they share the same one publisher listing on the app exchange? If so, how do you get the managed package from DE2 into the publisher login for DE1.Do we really have to maintain multiple publisher logins on the appexchange as well?

Thanks,

DSL

• April 02, 2009

For example, search for License or LMA, which should return the License Management App, among other results.  Currently it returns nothing.

Also, if you browse directly to a category (Analytics for instance) you may or may not see a partial listing of apps for that category or no apps at all.  Hitting refresh repeatedly will give you different results.  Also, clicking on the category name will gives you different results as well.

Thanks,

Message Edited by EJW on 02-16-2009 02:54 PM
  • February 16, 2009

Hi All ,

How do We get production org to use as APO for our app listing on Appexchange? We have developed the app using Partner Develor Edition and have managed package in DE org. Now I want a different org for publishing and license management  purpose.

thanks in advance...........

Manjeet

Do we have to handle the payment/billing, or is the AppExchange handling that natively?  If it doesn't handle natively, is this planned?  I'm thinking of pushing a paid app on the exchange, but it's a B2C type app, and needs to be 100% ecommerce, including the purchase itself.  I'd prefer to not have to custom build an ecommerce integration and licensing platform to provide a truly paid-but-no-salesperson application.

If ecomm is built in, can someone point me toward the correct documentation for it?

In the AppExchange publishing interface, when you make changes to a Public listing, those changes are not immediately reflected in the AppExchange.

Example 1,

Upload a piece of content

Delete it

View your listing

The content is still there.

Example 2,

Change something in the Support tab, say, change the email address

Save

View listing

The content reflects the old email address

What's the deal here?

I have a weird error in my Developer instance: since a couple of weeks I can't install apps anymore. Regardless of the browser or computer that I use, after agreeing on the terms & conditions, clicking login, and confirming my password, I get redirected to login.salesforce.com. If I login I just get into my normal Salesforce instance and the application has not been installed. 

I recorded a 1-minute video that shows the error:

http://screencast.com/t/MjljNDIzYW

Thanks for any tips!

Jep

Hi, why is this happening?

I tried to test drive some applications and test drive cannot work:

Inactive Registration for Test Drive for: xxxxx.
Please contact your salesforce.com administrator who can grant you a license.

Or sometimes I got a computer activation request:

Activation required
You are attempting to access salesforce.com from an unrecognized computer.

Or sometimes invalid user name/password:

Your login attempt has failed. The username or password may be incorrect, or your location or login time may be restricted. Please contact the administrator at your company for help.

Or sometimes license required:

License Required The Custom Object Definition Purchase Requisition is part of the AppExchange Package Easy Procurement, and requires a license to use.

Is this because of the application, or there is something wrong?

Hi,

We have a application built in Asp.Net which we are planning to display inside salesforce in Tab.

do we require to do Security Review for this application if keep it private and do not Publish it on Appexchange?

Any help will be appreciated ..

Thanks

Anand 

We would like to go "managed released" as late as possible in our development and so submit our "managed beta" to the security review process that is a pre-requisite of being listed on the AppExchange (paid product).

But the "Security Review" link "Start Review" only appears next to the "Your Uploaded Packages" list in the "Publishing" tab of the AppExchange. And it appears that "managed beta" packages cannot be added there.

I tried creating an unmanaged package in the same org, but now that the namespace prefix is set the unit tests fail (because of the automatic injection of the namespace prefix) and so the unmanaged package cannot be uploaded.

I have not found a clear statement on "managed released" vs "managed beta" in the documentation so would appreciate a pointer to such a statement or some other definitive answer to this question.

Thanks,

Keith

Hello,

We are planning to use base and extension packages in our AppExchange product and would like to know how base and extension packages behave during update and upgrades. More specifically:

1. What is the behaviour of updates to a base package? If there is an extension package installed, will any components (e.g. page layout, field label) in the extension package be overwritten with those in the base when the base is updated or upgraded?

2. Do extension packages follow the same guidelines as for base managed packages (as outlined in Appendix B of Developing Packages for Distribution)? Are the same items updatable/upgradable?

3. Can we package updates to extension and base packages together?

Thanks so much!

--Sarah Andrews

When I upload a managed package, I get an install URL and confirmation email within a minute or two.  I can't add this package to the AppExchange for "up to 30 minutes", and I can't start the security review on it until I can do that.

This process is painful.  Please fix the clear issues with having this process bridge across multiple internal Salesforce platforms.

Hi ,

We have published a app on AppExchange recently. We created a test org and attached it to Test Drive.

but problem is when someone tries to do test drive, it asks for Activation link. This problem seems to be

related with IP restriction. as I added a IP of friend who is on other network and I enable IP access for him

He could Test drive it without being asked for activation link. 

Now my question is how to disable IP restriction on Test drive org? as people are trying our app, and they are being asked for Activation link for Test Drive. also its not possible to define IP ranges for all the IPs?

regards

Sandip 

I've spent today making sure our listing "install count" is correct (we were deprecating old packages, which negatively impacts the "install count" per this discussion board post).

On the "Publishing" tab of the AppExchange, the install count is the sum of the "Installs" column in the "Your Uploaded Packages" table for packages linked to that AppEx listing.

However, the "Installs" column of that table is not correct - only our most recent packages have a non-zero value.

Despite their "0" value in the "Installs" column, I know the older packages were installed as my LMA "Licenses" tab shows those version being installed.

Here is the "Your Uploaded Packages" table for our oldest package versions:

And here is an excerpt of our Licenses tab, showing that those versions are still installed at certain customers:

(note that the "Version" here is our version stamp, not the salesforce version number, as our packages pre-date Salesforce version number so we ended up with two numbering systems).

Not getting credit for these 10 installs isn't a big deal, but there are other old versions that are very widely installed but whose "Install" count on the AppEx "Publishing" tab still reads zero - that makes dozens (if not hundreds) of installs that aren't reflected in our App's "Install" count.

Salesforce support - I opened case 03411805 in the partner portal to track this issue.

Message Edited by jhart on 03-22-2010 04:55 PM
  • March 22, 2010
Whenever we update our AppExchange listing, we’ve been marking our old packages as "deprecated" to keep our publishing UI in the AppExchange tidy.  Unfortunately this seems to affect our “install” count and resetting it to zero.Does this install count affect anything tangible such as our partner status on AppExchange, or our ranking on the various organic lists such as “Most Popular”? If so, how do we go about rectifying this “install” count back to being a cumulative count since our App was initially listed?  Finally, is it advisable for us to deprecate old packages?  And are other AppExchange partners doing the same?