• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

For us, one calender is related to one office (although it is govered by a single user).  However appointments could be set with various practitioners in that office (via a practitioners__c object).

I need to create a daily view that shows practitioner A's daily schedule, with practitioner B's beside it, practitioner C's beside that, etc.

Running the SOQL and apex methods to get access to the appointments for each practitioner is not a problem.  But I do not want to create this whole thing from scratch, including design.  

Is is possible to modify the VF page for the existing calendar?  If not, where can I get hold of the basic VF code (or simply code samples) so that I can create the same look and feel.

For example, are there specific apex tags that will create the calendar layout?

Am I missing something in the documentation

I swear this worked 3 hours ago, then I messed with it and can't figure out how to fix it!  Please help...

I am using outputpanels and rerender statements to cause one row of a form to dynamically appear when the first field of the row above is not null.

What's happening now is that when the next row is rendered, it is actually rendered ABOVE the first row (procedure 1 in this case) and is not part of the table...  Somehow the outputpanel is rewriting the code for the pageblock to put the <tr><td> tags before the <table> tag  (I think)...

<apex:pageblock Title="Billing and Reporting Codes">
<!--<apex:pageblocksection>-->
<table width="75%">
<tr><td>
Procedure
</td><td>
Modifier
</td><td>
Diagnosis Pointer
</td><td>
Units
</td><td>
Charges
</td></tr>
<tr><td>
1)&nbsp;<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c}">
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="pro2"/>
</apex:inputfield>
</td><td>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1_Modifier_1__c}" style="width:25px"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1_Modifier_2__c}" style="width:25px"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1_Modifier_3__c}" style="width:25px"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1_Modifier_4__c}" style="width:25px"/>
</td><td>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Pro1_dp__c}" style="width:60px"/>
</td><td>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1_Units__c}" style="width:25px"/>
</td><td>
$<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1_Charges__c}" style="width:60px"/>
</td></tr>

<apex:outputpanel id="pro2">
<tr><td>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_2__c}" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c))}"/>
</td><td>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Pro2_Mod1__c}" style="width:25px" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c))}"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Pro2_Mod2__c}" style="width:25px" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c))}"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Pro2_Mod3__c}" style="width:25px" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c))}"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Pro2_Mod4__c}" style="width:25px" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c))}"/>
</td><td>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Pro2_dp__c}" style="width:60px" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c))}"/>
</td><td>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_2_Units__c}" style="width:25px" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c))}"/>
</td><td>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_2_Charges__c}" style="width:60px" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(Charges_Collections__c.Procedure_1__c))}"/>
</td></tr>
</apex:outputpanel>
</table>
<!--</apex:pageblocksection>-->
</apex:pageblock>

I would love to hear what the best practices are for the next task I am about to undertake...

I need to use information taken from Objects to populate a document for printing.  This document must print out EXACTLY to specific parameters as it will be printed onto preprinted forms.  

To clarify, I need the information to print in a way where an "x" will print exactly where the paper's checkbox is.  As well as with about 100 other fields that need to line up exactly.  (The paper is a standard medical billing form that must be filled out for billing purposes)

Any direction is greatly appreciated!

Drew

I am using internal tabs instead of related lists.  Currently there is a large amount of data in the default detail view, so I wish to split it into two tabs in a functional way.  I would like to simply create two page layout detail views and have one associated with each tab. 

As a functional example:  I am storing patient records and will have one tab showing contact info and one tab for insurance info (actually, there may be a third for insurance verification info).  Functionally there isn't a reason that I know of to split this all into different tables since there would never be multiple insurance records for one patient.

I simply can't figure out how to have the detail command know to use a different layout other than the default one...

Any help?

Thanks,

Drew

I have very little background in programming and therefore find the tutorials and documentation available from force.com completely inadequate for my Apex learning needs.

It is clearly written for those that have a bit of programming knowledge.  I am looking for a step by step "Apex for dummies", or something that can walk me through all of the available components one by one.  I find all the documentation on methods and variables interesting, but I don't know what apex:actionsupport is, or what apex:outputlink is, etc...  AndI have not found anything that lists them one by one with examples, perhaps I have not looking in the right place...

In searching, there are a number of books for Apex in relation to Oracle.  Is this the same thing?  Can I use one of those books?

Thanks

I have an object that stores billing profiles for patients and would like to have one selected as the default to be used for automated processes.  However, there are numerous patients listed in the object.

I need to restrict the ability to have more than one selected as default, on a per patient basis...

For example a portion of the object may look like:

record1   patient 1   cash         dr.jones   makedefault(unchecked)

record2   patient 6   insurance  dr. smith  makedefault(checked)

record3   patient 1   insurance  dr. jones  makedefault (checked)

record4   patient 1   insurance  dr. smith  makedefault (unchecked)

etc...

I need to make it so that only one record per patient can have a checked makedefault checkbox...

I have tried using VLookup as a validation rule, but am having no luck.  Also, I am not very strong in programming (obviously).  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Drew

I swear I have looked all over for this, but for some reason cannot find what I need anywhere.

I wish to begin modifying some of the stock pages in my Developer Edition, but cannot figure out how to access it.  For example, I wish to remove the Account lookup from the send an email page, or to add my own custom fields to the quick event add pop up.  These features do not allow this function in the Page Layout area, so I would like to add/change it manually.

Other solutions I have seen on here suggest to create a new VF page and override the button that calls the original page.  I am fine with this, but as a beginner, I would rather start with the code generated by force.com and tweak it slightly, I really do not want to try and recreate all of the pages that I want to modify, from scratch...  But if I could find this code, I could cut and paste it into my new VF page and modify it at will...

So....  Where can I find this code?  I have tried to add "/apex/..."  in the url, but that does not do it...

Sorry if this is a ridiculously simple question, but I have looked everywhere I know to look.

I would like to create custom buttons/links to place in various parts of my system that will have the functionality of opening the mini event creation window or the abbreviated contact creation layout.

To clarify, I am talking about 2 different buttons/links, not one to perform both tasks.

The first:  

When you double click the calendar, a pop up opens up that allows you to quickly insert an event, this popup appears to use the mini layout.  I wish to create a button that will open this up from other locations, but I cannot figure out how to link to this pop up...

As an alternative, I would be fine with recreating the pop up from scratch, if I were to do this what are the best practice for duplicating this?  A visualforce pop up page coming from a javascript custom button?

The second:

Most of the time my users will not need to enter nearly all the fields for contacts that are provided.  Having a "mini" new contact form easily accessible would be a great benefit.  Preferrably as a popup.  I have only seen something like this on the search layout's "new" button.  I would like to create something simillar to the pop up that quickly adds an event above, but for contacts, then have the option to place buttons throughout my system that would make adding a contact fast and simple.

I'm fairly new at all this, sorry if this is a bit basic of a question...

Lastly, is there some type of a map/document available from salesforce for developers that lists out all the pages, layouts, mini layouts, popups, etc that come stock with the developer edition?  perhaps in flowchart or listed format.  All the documentation I have found is written out in narrative format.  (For me, I'm only concerned with the force.com platform, not the CRM)

Thanks,

Drew

I have very little background in programming and therefore find the tutorials and documentation available from force.com completely inadequate for my Apex learning needs.

It is clearly written for those that have a bit of programming knowledge.  I am looking for a step by step "Apex for dummies", or something that can walk me through all of the available components one by one.  I find all the documentation on methods and variables interesting, but I don't know what apex:actionsupport is, or what apex:outputlink is, etc...  AndI have not found anything that lists them one by one with examples, perhaps I have not looking in the right place...

In searching, there are a number of books for Apex in relation to Oracle.  Is this the same thing?  Can I use one of those books?

Thanks

Herewhere I live is more common we ask the person's name instead of lastname, I would like to know if this change is possible in sf, requiringonly the name field, and not the last name field
Message Edited by danilo on 01-30-2009 11:45 AM
  • January 30, 2009
Hello,

Is it possible to customize the "send an email" page? I'd like to be able to add an S-control to the page.

I know there is some capability to customize the email behavior from custom objects or existing types (leads, contacts), but is it possible to add an S-control to any (or all) instance of the "Send an email" page?

Thanks!

- Eli
  • May 06, 2008