• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

As you know, the Contact Role object can not have fields added to it.  In order to get around this I have created a custom object called Contact Roles and gave it a child relationship to the opportunity object.  The custom object has the same two fields that are on the Contact Role object, ContactID and Role, but also has additional fields on it.

What I would like to have happen is every time a Contact name and Role has been entered into the custom object and saved, a new Contact Role is automatically created on the opportunity with the same Contact name and Role.  Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Regards,

Andrew

As you know, the Contact Role object can not have fields added to it.  In order to get around this I have created a custom object called Contact Roles and gave it a child relationship to the opportunity object.  The custom object has the same two fields that are on the Contact Role object, ContactID and Role, but also has additional fields on it.

What I would like to have happen is every time a Contact name and Role has been entered into the custom object and saved, a new Contact Role is automatically created on the opportunity with the same Contact name and Role.  Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Regards,

Andrew