• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am implementing the customer portal for a support organization, and have a custom object (let's call it "Donkeys" ) for which I want to allow my portal users access to create attachments (let's say, pictures of donkeys).

Donkey is a detail of Account, which is Read-only for portal users, but my portal users have full CRED access to Donkeys (I am still in testing phase, and haven't locked everything down yet).

When I log in as a portal user and click Add Attachment from a Donkey detail page, I get the "Insufficient Privileges" error. 

I found this sentence in the customer portal implementation guide:

"Portal users can view, search, and create notes and attachments on custom objects." 

But I can't find where I grant them this permission.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Brian

Message Edited by brianwenzl on 03-18-2009 03:53 PM

-1. When saving my Excel file into .csv format, the polish characters become question marks (??) 
-2. I enabled the Polish language in Excel to allow the support of these characters but it didn't work and still encountered the same issue.

-3. I Looked at the Online help and training documents and couldn't find any help.
-4. I asked a question on the community and got a reply to encode my csv under UTF coding which I cannot do because the option to save a csv with a UTF coding doesn't exist in Excel. He also said that if not possible, then to re-open the CSV file onto a notepad and save under UTF. However when re-opening with notepad, the ?? still appear.

I am desperately trying to find a solution on how to import these characters in Salesforce. Would it be possible to provide assistance ?

• September 24, 2012
We have been getting the following error in production whenever a time based workflow triggers an email alert.

The following error occurred:
Insufficient privileges to all elements of Approval Assignment Email Template
Unable to use the Approval Assignment Email Template to send approval notification. Access error: Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: unable to obtain exclusive access to this record

Details:
Object Type: Opportunity

Record: IPS

Workflow Rules attempted: Send Opportunity Expiration Notification New

Workflow Actions attempted: Design Registration Expiration

This happens when the current user's email address is partner portal user's email address. But this user has Read, Create and Edit access to Opportunity. I am not sure what is causing this problem.

Any suggestions on this is most welcome. Thanks.

Regards,
Aparna
  • September 24, 2012

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a way to automatically sync my Outlook 2011 contacts with Salesforce.  What are my options?

Thanks! 

I have a customer with a customer portal and case assignment rules. The goal is for any customer submitting a case to have that case assigned to the proper support team. If the customer edits the case on the portal, however, the case is re-assigned to according to those rules. I don't want this to happen, obviously - the case may be been subsequently re-assigned, which means extra work all around.

I found this on the SF help (https://na3.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=customer_portal_notes_on_pages.htm&loc=help&hash=topic-title):

For case assignment rules to work on the Customer Portal, select the Show Case Assignment checkbox and Select Case Assignment checkbox by default checkboxes on case page layouts assigned to portal profiles. Portal users cannot view these checkboxes on the Customer Portal. Note that assignment rules trigger when a case is created and when it is edited. To prevent cases from being automatically reassigned when edited by portal users, add a rule entry using the criteria Current User: User Type contains Customer Portal and select the Do Not Reassign User checkbox. For more information, see Setting Up Assignment Rules.

Doesn't work. The case isn't assigned at all, now.

How do we set up case assignment rules so that cases created through the portal are assigned correctly, and cases edited through the portal are not re-assigned?

Thanks,

John 

Hello,

I am implementing the customer portal for a support organization, and have a custom object (let's call it "Donkeys" ) for which I want to allow my portal users access to create attachments (let's say, pictures of donkeys).

Donkey is a detail of Account, which is Read-only for portal users, but my portal users have full CRED access to Donkeys (I am still in testing phase, and haven't locked everything down yet).

When I log in as a portal user and click Add Attachment from a Donkey detail page, I get the "Insufficient Privileges" error. 

I found this sentence in the customer portal implementation guide:

"Portal users can view, search, and create notes and attachments on custom objects." 

But I can't find where I grant them this permission.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Brian

Message Edited by brianwenzl on 03-18-2009 03:53 PM

I have a custom object that includes an Account Lookup.  I want to display the email address of the Person Account using a Formula Field on the custom object.  Ultimately, I want to be able create a Workflow Alert, sending an Email to the Person Account when the custom object is updated.  Is this possible?  Workaround?

Thanks

Mark

Beaverton, Oregon