• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Has anyone created a custom object with date fields that populated a calendar in Salesforce?
  • February 24, 2009

I'm merging SFDC instances.  I've pulled my users over.  I created a customer field to store their previous SFDC User ID and was hoping to use this to pull in the Account Owner... Contact Owner... Opp Owner ... etc.  However, when I setup the data sync task as an upsert and use the related object button to map the owner id using this external id (the old SFDC user id) it fails.

Is this even possible?  Am I going about this the wrong way?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm looking to integrate Suggested Solutions into our Email Template.  I've added "{!Case_Suggested_Solutions}" to get the Suggested Solutions to print, but there's 2 things about this that are not ideal:

1) I don't see any way I can make this conditional within Email Templates (i.e. if no Suggested Solutions, print "No Suggested Solutions at this time"). 

2) The solutions get printed in the format below, which is less than attractive.  Is there a way to customize the appearance, and integrate links? It would be more ideal to use titles and previews and link to our Knowledge Base, rather than print multiple bulky solutions within the email template.

Suggested Solutions Format:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) "Some title"

Some blob of text.

Another blob of text.

Has anyone created a custom object with date fields that populated a calendar in Salesforce?
  • February 24, 2009
I want to send an email thanking the Primary Contact on an Opportunity when we mark the corresponding Opportunity Closed Won. But I don't see that object (Opportunity Contact Role) as an option when setting up the email alert.

Any suggestions?

Jane

• October 24, 2008
I would like to create a report of contacts, that also shows account name and asset name.  I would then like to filter on asset name so.

Our assets are all associated at the Account level and not at the Contact level.  So the Accounts & Assets report typoe returns thousands of records, but the Contacts & Assets report type returns nothing.

In the end I want to be able to say "show me all contacts with account name who have X asset".
Although I would think that this should be easy to accomplish, I cannot seem to figure out how to create this report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Adam
  • March 18, 2008
I've been trying to get account, contact, and asset information on the same report, but have had no luck.  Custom report types haven't worked out for me either, though I've been able to get closer.  I'd like to be able to run a report to get all contacts for accounts that have a specific asset type/product, for example.

Is there any possible way to get fields from these three objects on the same report?
I am having difficulty creating a SOQL query that brings the list of all contacts associated with Accounts that own a certain Asset.
The query should bring ALL contacts under the Account - regardless if the the contact is linked directly to that specific Asset or not.

Is this possible to do in a single SOQL query?

Thanks a lot,
Dmitri