• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm getting ready to rollout Salesforce for Outlook to our users but I'm a little confused.  Our users like to use the email to case feature of the old Outlook Connect product yet the new improved Salesforce for Outlook doesn't support this, nor does it support syncing of tasks.

When I initially read about the new product, I thought it was a replacement/improvement for the old one, but now I'm not so sure.  Can it work side by side with the old product? And if not, when will it support all of the functionality of Outlook Connect.

Thanks,

David

I'm trying to find information about how this app works in practice.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/apex/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ciJEAQ

We're on professional edition and the app information is unclear if it will work or not.  The App name implies that it won't work on professional edition, but the specs say otherwise.

I'm also a little skeptical that it's free.  It looks like a lot of development went into this product but why is it free and fully hosted on salesforce?  How does the publisher make money?

Message Edited by davemaxg on 04-16-2009 08:33 AM

I've created a custom object called Policy that has 2 lookups to Account.  One lookup is called Provider, the other is called Client.  Our company is a brokerage that works with a variety of Providers and Clients.

This is working well except for a few small issues.

1) It would be nice to be able to filter the lookup based on a field in the Account object.  I don't think this is possible, but if it is I would certainly like to know how to do it.

2) When looking at the Account record on salesforce.com, there are two separate related lists that come up.  Is there any way to supress these lists based on the value of an Account field or if there are no records to display.  It just makes the UI a little confusing.

Thanks,

David

When I run the Table Query Wizard I do not see my custom fields in the list of available fields to import.  I want to import these so I also tried Describe sForce Object and Query Table Data which did pick up one of my custom fields but not the one that contains a formula.

Is there a way to import custom fields that contain a formula, or do I have to recreate the formulas in Excel?  I want the formula results, not the formula itself to import.

Thanks,

David

I've created a custom button on a Lead page that returns the user back to the lead page within the main Console window.  The problem is that I now have 2 sidebars displayed - the one on the console as well as the one within the main frame.  How do I modify the retURL parameter to suppress the sidebar within this frame?

Thanks,

David

• November 15, 2009

I'm trying to understand what I am able to do even though I cannot access the API.  If we have no plans to upgrade to Enterprise Edition currently am I wasting my time trying to learn how to program on this platform or are there still a lot of things that I can do?

If someone can list what's doable and what isn't it would be extremely helpful.  Examples of s-controls, components and visual force pages that can be authored?  I'm really not sure where the limits are and I know there aren't any with the developer edition so I don't want to waste my time developing something if I can't use in in our environment if you know what i mean...

Thanks,

D

• March 06, 2009
Hi, Where can I download a copy of the Excel Connector for the Professional Edition of SFDC? I used EC at my previous company and love it, but can find it under the app exchange anylonger.
Thanks,
elizabeth
Is there a way to specify the desired ordering of fields returned by the query? e.g. I'd like the SF-ID field in in the left-most column of the returned data, to use as a lookup field.

I cannot see a way to do this using the wizard (I guess that would require an additional wizard step) and I'm not sure where to look in the mass of VBA code.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
  • February 25, 2008