• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys

I have developed a custom object. However, I would not like it to appear as a tab but would still like to let users add records to it.

How can users add records to a custom object when there's no tab attached to that object.

Thanks

Mark

Hi guys

I just found Salesforce this week, so I am very new at thi. So excuse 'dumb' questions.

I am thinking about launching a website and using the Force.com platform. Now Force.com Sites are available, I am thinking of using this as the UI interface for the public site as well.

To cut to the chase: I am looking to develop a website where restaurants can adertise (and edit all their account info on the website). And visitors to the website can book these restaurants on the site.

My question is,  is it necessary for restaurants to become 'users' of force.com platform and in essence pay the membership cost to salesforce in order to update all the information on the website? Same applies to visitors to the website, who will need to register their Names, Contat info in order to book...do these need to become registered users of salesforce and in essence pay membership fees?

Thanks

Mark 

Hi guys

I have developed a custom object. However, I would not like it to appear as a tab but would still like to let users add records to it.

How can users add records to a custom object when there's no tab attached to that object.

Thanks

Mark

Hi guys

I just found Salesforce this week, so I am very new at thi. So excuse 'dumb' questions.

I am thinking about launching a website and using the Force.com platform. Now Force.com Sites are available, I am thinking of using this as the UI interface for the public site as well.

To cut to the chase: I am looking to develop a website where restaurants can adertise (and edit all their account info on the website). And visitors to the website can book these restaurants on the site.

My question is,  is it necessary for restaurants to become 'users' of force.com platform and in essence pay the membership cost to salesforce in order to update all the information on the website? Same applies to visitors to the website, who will need to register their Names, Contat info in order to book...do these need to become registered users of salesforce and in essence pay membership fees?

Thanks

Mark