• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, I think I may have goofed with a script and gone way over the request limit with my developer account.  I was writing my first query script and I think I put it into an infinite loop.

Now when I make calls to the WebServices API I get a limit exceeded error.

Is there someone I can email or talk to at SF about getting this rolled back?  It was an honest mistake....I wasn't intentonally trying to blow-up the matrix or anything.

Help?

- Jasper (with a sheepish grin)

Hello!  I am playing around with pulling static resources via the API and I am having an issue.  I am able to do the query and convert my images however it seems like the API is only returning one resource..not the entire list.

In the code below you can see that I am querying the static resources and looping.  I am not getting any errors..it just seems like I am not getting the entire list of resources.  I have at least 5 jpegs in my test account but only one is returned from the API.

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks,

J

QueryResult qr = null;
        binding.QueryOptionsValue = new QueryOptions();

qr = binding.queryAll("select BodyLength, ContentType, Name, Id, CreatedDate, Body from StaticResource");
        Response.Write("<hr/>Total Records: " + qr.records.Length.ToString() + "<hr/>");

for (int i = 0; i<= qr.records.Length-1; i++)
        {

sforce.StaticResource staticResource = (sforce.StaticResource)qr.records[i];

Response.Write("Id: " + staticResource.Id + "<br/>");
            Response.Write("Name: " + staticResource.Name + "<br/>");
            Response.Write("Created Date: " + staticResource.CreatedDate.ToString() + "<br/>");
            Response.Write("Content Type: " + staticResource.ContentType + "<br/>");
            Response.Write("Length: " + staticResource.BodyLength.ToString() + "<br/>");

}

Hello.  I am working on small project that involves pulling data from the SalesForce API.  I have successfully integrated the WSDL in my Visual Studio solution and I can pull the data that I need from Salesforce, but how can I access images that are located inside of SalesForce?

My client has built a custom car shopping application and they have the images working in their SalesForce solution.  It doesn't look like the web services API passes a reference to these images.  I was assuming that the API would give me a long URL with a reference to the image.  Something along the lines of:

http://<some url at salesforce>/<clientsaccount>/images/2005HondaCivic2DoorLarge.jpg.

Is this just not possible at all?  I can't see any fields in the clients WSDL that are related to their images.   Is there a way to pull the images from SalesForce or are we going to have to upload them to a 3rd party server?

Thanks for any help!

- Jasper

Greetings! I am new to the SalesForce world. I am starting up a small project that will use the Web Services API.  So far I've had good luck with accessing the service, pulling data, etc. 

Now I've dabbled with creating a new record.  I have it working but I was hoping that someone could look at my code sample and tell me if this is most efficient way.  I fear that I have over-complicated things.

My SF object is a simple table (is this even the right word in the salesforce world??) called test with just one field called Name.  Standard stuff.  So to create/insert I am doing the following in c#:

Test__c[] newStuff = new Test__c[1];

newStuff[0] = new Test__c();
        newStuff[0].Name = "My Test Name";

String[] createdItemIds = new String[10];
        SaveResult[] sr = binding.create(newStuff);

for (int i=0;i<sr.Length;i++) {

if (sr[i].success) {

Response.Write("<hr/>" + sr[i].id.ToString() + "<hr/>");
                createdItemIds[i] = sr[i].id;

}

}

I built this from some c# sample code that I found on here.  Like I said everything works but the sample code I found was for inserting multiple records at once.  I am curious if there is a cleaner, more direct way to insert a SINGLE record and get the new unique ID back from the webservice.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

- Jasper

Hello, I think I may have goofed with a script and gone way over the request limit with my developer account.  I was writing my first query script and I think I put it into an infinite loop.

Now when I make calls to the WebServices API I get a limit exceeded error.

Is there someone I can email or talk to at SF about getting this rolled back?  It was an honest mistake....I wasn't intentonally trying to blow-up the matrix or anything.

Help?

- Jasper (with a sheepish grin)

Greetings! I am new to the SalesForce world. I am starting up a small project that will use the Web Services API.  So far I've had good luck with accessing the service, pulling data, etc. 

Now I've dabbled with creating a new record.  I have it working but I was hoping that someone could look at my code sample and tell me if this is most efficient way.  I fear that I have over-complicated things.

My SF object is a simple table (is this even the right word in the salesforce world??) called test with just one field called Name.  Standard stuff.  So to create/insert I am doing the following in c#:

Test__c[] newStuff = new Test__c[1];

newStuff[0] = new Test__c();
        newStuff[0].Name = "My Test Name";

String[] createdItemIds = new String[10];
        SaveResult[] sr = binding.create(newStuff);

for (int i=0;i<sr.Length;i++) {

if (sr[i].success) {

Response.Write("<hr/>" + sr[i].id.ToString() + "<hr/>");
                createdItemIds[i] = sr[i].id;

}

}

I built this from some c# sample code that I found on here.  Like I said everything works but the sample code I found was for inserting multiple records at once.  I am curious if there is a cleaner, more direct way to insert a SINGLE record and get the new unique ID back from the webservice.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

- Jasper