• Head of Product
  • Core Input

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to create a dependant picklist in visualforce?  What I mean by that is I have a picklist A and that picklist has options 1,2,3,4.

If a user selects option 1 then another picklist will appear call it Picklist B and it has options:5,6,7,8. 

Each option in Picklist A will have its own Dependent picklist.

I know that chapter 12 of the force.com developer guide pretty much walks through something like this but what I want is slightly different in that the field is not sitting on the page at all times.  The fields I want to use already have a set picklist I just want the dependent picklist field to appear when an option is chosen from the "master" picklist.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Message Edited by MSVRad on 05-28-2009 02:04 PM

Hello,

I would like to create a Chatter post via the Chatter REST API and include an existing file. To do this in APEX all you need to do is set the relatedRecordId field but I don't see how we can do this with Chatter REST.

I tried posting with attachment and an id but it doesn't work. Does anybody know what JSON needs to be included to include a file?

Thanks!

Kevin

Hello,

Sometimes my System Log does not connect to my Org. Meaning, nothing prints. I try to load a page with a controller that simply writes a debug statement out to the log but nothing shows up at all.

It's as if the log is not even connected.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is there a setting somewhere I need to turn on?

Thanks!

Kevin

I am trying to determine if the Heroku connect would only work for one customer at a time or if I can use oauth2.0 or possibly even hard coded passwords to manage many different sets of customer data in one postgres implimentation.   

Any help in this area is greatly appreciated!

Thank you 
RCP

Hi all, i'm working on a Manual Request pushbutton that send a chatter post to some other user for alerting.

I succesfully create the code, something like this:

var msg='bla bla bla bla';

var cm=new sforce.SObject("FeedItem"); 
cm.ParentId='{!Opportunity.Id}'; 
cm.Body=msg; 

How can i introduce the mention for user that i need to alert?

Can i put it in msg string directly, like...

var msg='@user bla bla bla';

have to enclose in brakets?

thank you all

In visualforce i'm using a picklist for the user to select an office location.

When a user changes the value in the picklist, i'd like it to populate a textbox with a default address.

I've done this before in ASP.net and javascript but don't know how to approach it in apex/vf.

If possible i'd like to not store the values in the custom controller, but in the apex code itself, the reason being if there's a change in address, it's as easy as changing the visualforce page.

thanks in advance.

Simple things proving very hard to figure out with Sites & VisualForce.

I have a CSS file I want a Site page to use, how/where do I reference it?

The CSS is uploaded as a static resource (though oddly won't let me call it stylesheet.css as "." is a disallowed character)

Not working, problem seems to be getting the <link> tag inside the <head> tag.

Is it possible to create a dependant picklist in visualforce?  What I mean by that is I have a picklist A and that picklist has options 1,2,3,4.

If a user selects option 1 then another picklist will appear call it Picklist B and it has options:5,6,7,8. 

Each option in Picklist A will have its own Dependent picklist.

I know that chapter 12 of the force.com developer guide pretty much walks through something like this but what I want is slightly different in that the field is not sitting on the page at all times.  The fields I want to use already have a set picklist I just want the dependent picklist field to appear when an option is chosen from the "master" picklist.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Message Edited by MSVRad on 05-28-2009 02:04 PM

Hi,masters,

I added a new Tab "Graph" in SF,and created a new VF page.The page scripts is running well out of  the salesforce envirenment.And if i set "showHeader=false" in the salesforce envirenment,it goes right too.But if i set "showHeader=true",the page displays messy.I thought  it was because of the salesforce's  css.If i'd like to show header(Tabs) and display my VF page at the same time,what can i do to let it displays normally?

Thanks a lot. 

Message Edited by James09 on 02-17-2009 11:09 PM
Message Edited by James09 on 02-18-2009 06:07 PM
Hello.  In a Trigger, I want to take a datetime field and convert it to Eastern Daylight Time (always EDT - no matter what the time zone of the current user is).  I've tried using the format() method and passing the time zone that i want, but it always converts to GMT.  Any ideas?
Thanks
Chris
  • August 06, 2008