• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We were planning to do a branded domain name for our Sites implementation (let's say example.com).  We reserved the domain name but have not pointed it at anything (no DNS records).  I asked for a CNAME record to be created for example.com to point to example.force.com, and my network folks tell me they can't do a CNAME record for example.com -- it has to be for www.example.com or somesuch subdomain. 

Is that correct?  And in that case, anyone leaving off the www (or whatever) would not get our site to resolve, correct?  (Unless I host example.com and do a redirect or something.)

I want to avoid having any of our servers involved in this.  Any suggestions?

• May 15, 2009

Images I've loaded as Static Resources aren't showing up in my Sites pages since we migrated to prod.  They worked fine in my sandbox.

It seems like this happened when we first moved from one sandbox to another, but it apparently resolved itself.

Is there something we need to do to "enable" them?

• May 14, 2009

We were planning to do a branded domain name for our Sites implementation (let's say example.com).  We reserved the domain name but have not pointed it at anything (no DNS records).  I asked for a CNAME record to be created for example.com to point to example.force.com, and my network folks tell me they can't do a CNAME record for example.com -- it has to be for www.example.com or somesuch subdomain. 

Is that correct?  And in that case, anyone leaving off the www (or whatever) would not get our site to resolve, correct?  (Unless I host example.com and do a redirect or something.)

I want to avoid having any of our servers involved in this.  Any suggestions?

• May 15, 2009

Images I've loaded as Static Resources aren't showing up in my Sites pages since we migrated to prod.  They worked fine in my sandbox.

It seems like this happened when we first moved from one sandbox to another, but it apparently resolved itself.

Is there something we need to do to "enable" them?

• May 14, 2009