• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to create a button on my contact page that when pressed pops up a window with a document (script) that my agents would read out to the customer. The script has merge fields such as the customer's name, and other details on the contact record. I was thinking of doing a mailmerge document, but I don't like the number of steps. So now I'm thinking of a visualforce page. Before I go down this path where I'm not completely familiar I thought I would check with others for some ideas.
Is anyone using platform users with CTI Integration? Were you able to get the Salesforce CTI to work, or did you use a custom tool? FYI - We have a Mitel phone system.

We have a tool that was setup years ago called DBRep to connect our SFDC Opportunities to Oracle. It has been working until just recently.

It appears that a new field added to the Opportunities table is being pulled twice when the opportunity data is being queried. As such it's returning an error.

I was able to replicate the problem with Excel Connector. I have a custom object and one of the phone fields gets pulled in twice whenever I select all fields in the query build wizard.

Any ideas?

Hi,
I am completely new to triggers and I'm hoping someone could provide me some sample code to show me how to do this.

I have a custom object with 4 contact lookup fields. On change of a field called Status I want to send an email to all 4 contacts and the record owner.

QA_Engineer__c

Release_Engineer__c

Release_Manager__c

Support_Engineer__c

Product_Release_Request__c

Thanks!

I have a formula field on my Opportunities that references a field on a related object. The formula field is called Assigned_Part_Number__c. Since any updates to the formula field do not create a change on the opportunity itself, the last modified date doesn't change, and therefore I cannot kick off a basic trigger.

What I figured I would do is write an APEX trigger that would search for Opportunities that have a value in my formula field and then update the opportunity by checking a box (a field called Send_Alert__c). 

This is my first apex trigger, and I'm already lost. 

I'm unable to get this to function as I would hope. We track separate SLA's for contacts within the same account. When I click the New Case from Entitlement button it does not decrement the single incident that I defined in the support program.

Additional question:

Do we need to setup a separate support program for each Account? It seems to want a unique account name each time. This doesn't seem all that management to me when considering volume/scale.

Is anyone using platform users with CTI Integration? Were you able to get the Salesforce CTI to work, or did you use a custom tool? FYI - We have a Mitel phone system.

Hi,
I am completely new to triggers and I'm hoping someone could provide me some sample code to show me how to do this.

I have a custom object with 4 contact lookup fields. On change of a field called Status I want to send an email to all 4 contacts and the record owner.

QA_Engineer__c

Release_Engineer__c

Release_Manager__c

Support_Engineer__c

Product_Release_Request__c

Thanks!

I'm unable to get this to function as I would hope. We track separate SLA's for contacts within the same account. When I click the New Case from Entitlement button it does not decrement the single incident that I defined in the support program.

Additional question:

Do we need to setup a separate support program for each Account? It seems to want a unique account name each time. This doesn't seem all that management to me when considering volume/scale.

This must be such a common requirement, perhaps someone could provide the code for this?

I need to create a "New Account" button in a lookup dialog (the search layout page that pops up when you click on a lookup lens icon) so that once the new Account is created the user is returned to the page (from where the user clicked the lens icon that opened the search layout) with the newly created account now selected in the lookup field.