• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am building a custom button to convert a Case into Opportunity, hoping to carry over data in these Case fields (Account, LT_Community__c, Case Number, Account Manager, Non recurring ECR Amount) to Opportunity (for a particular record type).  For some reasons, Case Number and LT_Community__c are not getting populated with corresponding fields in Cases object. Any advice? Thanks

/006/e?retURL=%2Fa0C%2Fe%3FretURL%3D%252Fa0C%252Fe&RecordType=012000000008WTC&ent=Opportunity
&00N00000008jgnS={!Case.Non_recurring_ECR_Amount__c}
&00N00000007E8N3={!Case.CaseNumber}
&00N00000008jchG={!Case.Account_Manager__c}
&p/setup/field/StandardFieldAttributes/d?id=Name&type=Opportunity={!Case.LT_Community__c}

Hi, we built a custom button within the Case details page with the following S-control codes. The button is supposed to let user close Case on the same page without going to the Close Case screen, and then send out an email to the Customer Contact about the case being closed. It was working up till yesterday, and now the user gets "URL No Longer Exists" error (see screenshot) after clicking the custom button. However, the Case still gets closed.

<!-- begin code -->
<!-- replace 'Closed' (without quotes) in the code below with the Status desired for case closure -->

<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js"></script>
<script src="/desktop/desktopApi.js"></script>

<script>
function init() {

var desktop = new DesktopApi();
if (desktop.desktopPageWindow)
{
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=0&cas7=Closed&&#8203;isdtp=mn&nooverride=1&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
} else {
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=1&cas7=Closed&&#8203;nooverride=1&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
}
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="init()">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</body>
</html>

<!-- end code -->

Error:

URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com. 

You may have reached this page after clicking on a direct link into the application. This direct link might be: 
• A bookmark to a particular page, such as a report or view 
• A link to a particular page in the Custom Links section of your Home Tab, or a Custom Link 
• A link to a particular page in your email templates 

If you reached this page through a bookmark, you are probably trying to access something that has moved. Please update your bookmark. 

If you reached this page through any of the other direct links listed above, please notify your administrator to update the link. 

If you reached this page through a link on our site, please report the broken link directly to our Support Team and we will fix it promptly. Please indicate the page you were on when you clicked the link as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Hi, we have 2 checkboxes: Personal and Master in one of our custom objects. I need to build a Workflow to trigger an email alert when it goes from this scenario:

The Personal box is checked at time of record creation or checked currently, but the Master box is not checked

To this scenario:

Keeping the Personal box checked, now the User also checks the 'Master' box.

Can anyone advise the easiest way to build such workflow with formula? Thanks.

Earlier, we implemented a custom button to close Case on the Case Details page, instead of using the standard Close Case Page Layout. Now we're faced with a challenge: we want to make the Case Reason required *only* upon Case closure. Here's what I've tried so far:

Build a validation rule to look for Status = Closed and Case Reason = null; if the condition is true, throws an error message saying 'Case Reason is required'. Here's the error formula:

Error Condition FormulaAND(ISPICKVAL (Reason, ""),
ISPICKVAL(PriorValue(Status), "In Progress"),
ISPICKVAL (Status, "Closed"))

The validation rule works but the problem is it first re-directs to the standard Case Close page and gives the error there, instead of giving the error on the Case Details page.

Making the Case Reason a required field won't work either b/c we only want to force data input upon closure.

Is there a solution to this? thanks.

I'm trying to build a validation rule that checks if a Lookup field 'Lost To Account' is filled in when an Opportunity is in Stage = Closed Lost. There is no syntax error but it's not prompting error message when I change an Opp. to Closed Lost and do not fill in Lost To Account field:

AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed Lost" ),
$RecordType.Id = "012000000008WTHAA2" ,
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "Accounting Adjustment" )),

NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "New Partner" )),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "Partner (Agency)" )),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "Partner (Technology/OEM)" )),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "Patner (Integration/Referral)" )),
( $User.FirstName = "xxx" ),
ISNULL(Lost_To_Account__r.Name))

Message Edited by alvatse on 07-27-2009 01:33 PM
Message Edited by alvatse on 07-27-2009 01:34 PM
Message Edited by alvatse on 07-27-2009 01:35 PM

I have 3 custom text fields, and one formula field to tally and want to return 1 if 1 of the custom text fields is filled in, return 2, if 2 filled in, return 3 if all 3 are filled in. I tried the ISNULL function which didn't work. Then I saw this in help text which explains why it didn't work:

"Text fields are never null, so using this function with a text field always returns false. For example, the formula field IF(ISNULL(new__c) 1, 0) is always zero regardless of the value in the New field."

Anyone knows a way to make this work? Thanks

We enabled a customer for customer of Account XYZ for customer portal access. He logs into portal but is able to see not only XYZ cases but other Accounts' cases. How do we limit to cases that belong to his own account? Thanks.

Hi, I created the following custom fields in Contact object to calculate the average survey socre:

- Sum of Scores (field name: Sum_of_Scores__c)

- # of surveys (field name: Surveys_filled_out__c)

- Ave Score: this is a formula: ROUND(Sum_of_Scores__c / Surveys_filled_out__c,0)

However, I'm getting'#Error!' in the Ave Score field when the value of the formula returns 0. I'd like it to show '0' instead.

Does anyone know how to work around that? Thanks.

Does anyone know how to build a formula to look up the 'Active' checkbox on Self Serve Portal User profile? The challenge I'm having is to find the field name for this checkbox. It seems to be hidden and not available for selection on 'INsert field' dropdown on Formula screen. I asked SFDC Tech Support, they also said that whole SS User Profile is hidden. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi all, I'm trying to have a field on Contact to calculate the average score of all the surveys this contact filled out. e.g. Contact: John Smith filled out 2 surveys, and he gave a score = 5 on one survey, and gave a 10 on the other survey. I then want an 'Average Score' field to calculate: [(Score 1 + Score 2 + Score n)/count of surveys].

The scores reside in a custom object called 'Survey Responses', and the a Contact can have multiple survey responses. thanks.

Is there a way to do that? thanks in advance.

Message Edited by alvatse on 06-16-2009 05:20 PM
I need to get the % of revenue from certain Opp. Types, what's the best way to build such a formula? thanks.
Hi, I am trying to create a formula so that Case_Mgt_Potal_Login__c on Contact object is checked if the 'Active' field on Self Serve User screen is checked. The challenge, after talking to their tech support, is that the standard formula and workflow rules won't work for Self Serve User fields. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi, we have 2 checkboxes: Personal and Master in one of our custom objects. I need to build a Workflow to trigger an email alert when it goes from this scenario:

The Personal box is checked at time of record creation or checked currently, but the Master box is not checked

To this scenario:

Keeping the Personal box checked, now the User also checks the 'Master' box.

Can anyone advise the easiest way to build such workflow with formula? Thanks.

Earlier, we implemented a custom button to close Case on the Case Details page, instead of using the standard Close Case Page Layout. Now we're faced with a challenge: we want to make the Case Reason required *only* upon Case closure. Here's what I've tried so far:

Build a validation rule to look for Status = Closed and Case Reason = null; if the condition is true, throws an error message saying 'Case Reason is required'. Here's the error formula:

Error Condition FormulaAND(ISPICKVAL (Reason, ""),
ISPICKVAL(PriorValue(Status), "In Progress"),
ISPICKVAL (Status, "Closed"))

The validation rule works but the problem is it first re-directs to the standard Case Close page and gives the error there, instead of giving the error on the Case Details page.

Making the Case Reason a required field won't work either b/c we only want to force data input upon closure.

Is there a solution to this? thanks.

We would like to remove the ability for anyone to uncheck the 'Notify contact on Case Close' box on the Case Closure. I searched but there doesn't seem to be a way to make this a 'read-only' field, so the workaround I came up with was to go to Support Settings, then add Closed to the Status field on Case Details page, and then remove the Close Case button. This way, the user will never see the Case Closed page and thus will not be able to uncheck the 'Notify contact on Case Close' box.

However, the problem now is: when I set the Status to Closed, it doesn't trigger the email to Contact. Does anyone know how to trigger the email to go out EVERYTIME a Case is set to Closed status? Thanks much!

I'm trying to build a validation rule that checks if a Lookup field 'Lost To Account' is filled in when an Opportunity is in Stage = Closed Lost. There is no syntax error but it's not prompting error message when I change an Opp. to Closed Lost and do not fill in Lost To Account field:

AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed Lost" ),
$RecordType.Id = "012000000008WTHAA2" ,
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "Accounting Adjustment" )),

NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "New Partner" )),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "Partner (Agency)" )),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "Partner (Technology/OEM)" )),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Type, "Patner (Integration/Referral)" )),
( $User.FirstName = "xxx" ),
ISNULL(Lost_To_Account__r.Name))

Message Edited by alvatse on 07-27-2009 01:33 PM
Message Edited by alvatse on 07-27-2009 01:34 PM
Message Edited by alvatse on 07-27-2009 01:35 PM
We enabled a customer for customer of Account XYZ for customer portal access. He logs into portal but is able to see not only XYZ cases but other Accounts' cases. How do we limit to cases that belong to his own account? Thanks.

Hi, I created the following custom fields in Contact object to calculate the average survey socre:

- Sum of Scores (field name: Sum_of_Scores__c)

- # of surveys (field name: Surveys_filled_out__c)

- Ave Score: this is a formula: ROUND(Sum_of_Scores__c / Surveys_filled_out__c,0)

However, I'm getting'#Error!' in the Ave Score field when the value of the formula returns 0. I'd like it to show '0' instead.

Does anyone know how to work around that? Thanks.

Hi all, I'm trying to have a field on Contact to calculate the average score of all the surveys this contact filled out. e.g. Contact: John Smith filled out 2 surveys, and he gave a score = 5 on one survey, and gave a 10 on the other survey. I then want an 'Average Score' field to calculate: [(Score 1 + Score 2 + Score n)/count of surveys].

The scores reside in a custom object called 'Survey Responses', and the a Contact can have multiple survey responses. thanks.

Is there a way to do that? thanks in advance.

Message Edited by alvatse on 06-16-2009 05:20 PM

I need to figure out a way to make my team identify a primary contact for their opportunities once they reach a certain stage. Early stage opps will not require them because they are too early in the sales cycle.

But once they get to Stage 3 or higher, I want to require them. They have to be present so that when we generate the sales order form, it knows which contact to indicate on the form. Some of my reps are adding the contact manually on the form after it is generated - but that means there is no one identified on the Opp in SFDC, which is where it should be.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jane

Hi Everyone - new to Reporting, but not new to SFDC. It's probably fairly easy, but haven't found any documentation on it yet.

We have set up some queues, and based on case assignment rules, some cases will be owned by a queue at some point during a time period. For this example it would be yesterday. What type of report (lifecycle, history) and filter would I need, to create a list report of cases that were owned by a Queue for yesterday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

I am trying to create a rule the opportunities based on the age of the close date and I am not having much success.  I am trying to put the following rule in place: 

"If the CLOSE DATE is greater than 1 year in the past than the STAGE field changes to "Opportunity Closed/Lost"".

Any suggestions?

When Task Field Type “Outgoing Call” is selected, then validate that checkbox “Hit” or “Miss” is selected.

Dependencies between the 2 fields won't work. Thanks

• May 28, 2009

I would like to have a field on a case that flags if there are new unread case comments or new unread emails that have come in from customers. I can see how to check for "HasCommentsUnreadByOwner" but cannot see anyway of picking up if the case has any unread emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Proffessional addition user