• -1 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I would like to know if the tooling API request made from apex code will count towards API request limit.
Please give me an answer as earlier as possible.

Thanks
Hi, in my company, Siebel team would like to upload data from Siebel system to Salesforce via Bulk API. Do we need to do anything regarding firewall settings at Salesforce side? 
Hi, in my company, Siebel team would like to upload data from Siebel system to Salesforce via Bulk API. Do we need to use SSL certificate in this scenraio. If not, what is the reason?
Hi,

string str = '"abcde\"fgh"'; // "abcde\"fgh"

Apex will treat first and last " and \" are same. But I would like to replace \" with '#DQ#'. That is, I should get "abcde#DQ#fgh".
How can this be achieved? If this is a silly question, please forgive me. :-)

I have created a generic global class A in force.com.

A has two member variables.

I've created a web service method returning a list of objects of class A.

When I checked WSDLreference for class A has been created but without no references to its varibles and functons. 

How can we solve this ?

Hi,

I could get User info like First name and Last Name in Visual Force page using {!$User. notation. But when I tried to get !$User.Manager it tells that Manger field is not available. 

So, how can I access User.Manager field in a Visual Force Page

Hi,

I've a table EmployeeWeeklyTotal with fields:

1. Contract - Lookup to a standard object ContractName whose one of the fields is a lookup to Account (renamed as Contractor)

2. Employee- Lookup to Contact

3. Date

4. Total Hours

I have created a Report by selecting the type of data (First Step) as Contractors & Resources

From the list, I've seleted 'Resources with Employee Weekly Totals and Contracts and created a simple report with no filters.

But, the report does not have any records even if the object  EmployeeWeeklyTotal has some valid records.

Why those objects records are not displayed in the report ?

Expecting a solution.

Rgds

Shabu

Hi,

I've created a custom report and I've selected a field Date for the Advance Filter section in Step6 (Select your and I have made the value columkn null so that any of values THIS WEEK  or

or LAST WEEK will be taken as value dynamically from the URL when the report will be

called using a custom link of an object.

When I'm clicking the custom link, an error will be displayed stating that the date format

is invalid. But if I have given Date = LAST WEEK directly as the filter and run, it will work.

Would anyone please give me a solution ?

Shabu

Hi,

string str = '"abcde\"fgh"'; // "abcde\"fgh"

Apex will treat first and last " and \" are same. But I would like to replace \" with '#DQ#'. That is, I should get "abcde#DQ#fgh".
How can this be achieved? If this is a silly question, please forgive me. :-)

Hi

Can any one please let me know if it is possible to track future methods?
Hi,
we use standard controllers when we want to inherit the standard behaviour of those objects ,and custom controllers if we want to use our own logics on a VF page,but i wonder, why we need extensions along with custom controllers,can't we include all the logics within a custom controller itself instead of defining all the logics both in controller and extension.

Both controllers and extensions are apex classes,so what is the difference between them and how to know which of them is a controller or an extension when we look at apex classes,

I have created a generic global class A in force.com.

A has two member variables.

I've created a web service method returning a list of objects of class A.

When I checked WSDLreference for class A has been created but without no references to its varibles and functons. 

How can we solve this ?

it means that maybe i can get data like this in apex(just like DataTable in some other language such as c#,):

<sObject sOs=[select name,id from account limit 1] ;

//use the filedname to get data 

String fieldname="name"; 

String fieldvalue; 

fieldvalue = sOs.get(fieldname);  Maybe sOs[fieldname];   Maybe sOs.getValue(fieldname);

How to do it as my case in apex? 

Is there a way to set a filter at developement time for a lookup that the user can't change to control the list of items displayed in the lookup

Does anyone know how I can install version 14 of the Eclipse IDE? Version 15 has been really buggy and I want to do a clean install of the version 14 IDE.

When I run the "Find and Install" wizard in Eclipse and set up the Force.com IDE download site, it only gives me the option to downlad the version 15 Force.com IDE.