• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I utilize Conga Merge to produce many printable documents throughout the standard and custom objects.  To access the Conga Merge functionality, I'd like to pass the variables from my flow into a link on a flow screen.  The screen element has the ability to create a hyperlink; however, the variables are not recognized within this link.  The link is simply a static link.  Is there any way within any of the flow elements to create a dynamic link?

The link would look something like this:

https://www.appextremes.com/apps/Conga/PointMerge.aspx?sessionId={!API.Session_ID} 
&serverUrl={!API.Partner_Server_URL_80}&Id={!Opportunity.Id} 
&ReportId=XXX80000003XXXX  

I would pass in the Session Id, API.PartnerServer URL, and Opportunity Id, and some additional report filter criteria.

I realize that I can pass these variables to the closing visual force page and make the button/links available there.  However, I'd prefer to have the links available within the flow.

I would like to add OR statements to the dynamic choices filter criteria.  It looks like I'm limited to ANDs.   Is there an easy way to do this..Similar to the filter logic that can be applied to report filters?  For example: (1 AND 2) OR 3.  Am I missing something simple?

I am using an approval process and field updates to integrate with an external system.  I would like to keep an approval step open when information is sent to an external system and then approve the pending step when the external system updates a field.  Upon approval, the process proceeds to the next step.  With this process, the users can clearly see which approvals are pending in the external system.    

Here's my process:

Approval Step 1: User submits for approval on Step 1.  If approved, Field 1 is updated and the process goes to Approval Step 2.

Trigger 1: When Field 1 is updated, in simple terms, a process is called from an external system.

Approval Step 2: When workflow is complete in the external system, Field 2 is updated from the external system.

I would like the update of Field 2 to close the pending approval on Step 2.  Can I close the pending approval step 2 with a trigger?  Any suggestions or recommendations on how to accomplish this step would be appreciated.

Approval Step 3: Continues with the standard user-based approval process.

Yesterday I successfully saved a new version of my flow off of the active flow and invested a few hours in improved fault handling.  I received a couple errors and lost a little bit of work, but made sure to save regularly and was able to make progress.  I was able to access, modify and save the version yesterday.  However, when I tried to access the version today, I received the following error:

An unknown error occurred. Please contact your salesforce.com support representative and reference ID number 1981269962-78426 (-1995936683).

I have received this error before, but typically have only lost a minimal amount of work.  

I am unable to open the new version.  I have opened a case, but under standard support I don't expect a response for 48 hours.  My question is whether or not the new version of my flow can be repaired or recovered.  Will I be able to access it with support's help, or do I need to re-create my work?  It is important that I understand the best course of action so I can meet my schedule requirements.

I'm in the process of building a product configurator with the Cloud Flow Designer on the Quote object.  I have added custom fields to the quote object and these fields are used to generate Quote Line Items.  As the Quote can be edited, over time, when the flow is initiated, I want the flow to evaluate the Quote Line Item entries and determine if the entries are valid for the quote fields....or if the entries need to be replaced with new values based on the values in the custom fields on the quote.

I can identify the specific Quote Lines and determine whether or not the Pricebook Entries match; however, the Pricebook Entry Ids are not accessible with the Record Update element on the Quote Line Items.  The programmatic lock-down on these fields frustrating.  So, I cannot simply update the old line items with the new pricebook entry ids, and prices.  Unless I'm missing something here, it looks like the update element is not an option. 

Another option is to delete the existing entries and replace them with new values; however, I cannot determine how to delete a record within a flow.  I have the record Id, and simply want to delete the record.  Maybe I'm missing something simple.  I'm not a skilled Apex programmer, so I'd prefer not to call a trigger.  Any help is appreciated.

The desktop designer locked up on a flow and was unresponsive.  I had to CTRL-ALT-DELTE out of the program.  When prompted to open the recovered file, I receive the following error: "The selected file could not be found or is not a valid format."  

When I try to open the file through the standard File-->Open, I receive the same error.  I have learned the hard way to constantly save the files and I did so a couple of minutes before the program became unresponsive; however, this is the first time I have not been able to open a file.  

Unfortunately, I have many hours invested in this flow.  Is there any way to repair and recover the file?  Help please.

When running through an interview, my pc returns results very slowly...sometimes taking a couple of minutes to step through a single question.  I'm currently running a Win7 machine with 4 MB of memory...with 35% to 50% available.  The system also seem to bog down over multiple runs through the interview.  It's a bit painful to take several minutes to perform a test run on an interview.

Are there any tricks to optimize how the flow runs on a pc?  

Other than creating and referencing a static list in workflow designer, is there any way to control the sorting of the drop-down in a choice lookup element?

I have a choice lookup element that references a custom object in Salesforce.  The column value that I am displaying is the Name of the custom object and I would like the drop-down to sort in order on this Name; however, when selecting this drop-down, the Names are listed randomly...probably keying off of some other column.  

I do not see a way in either the choice lookup element or the question element to control the sort order for the drop-down.  If it was a simple question not connected to a choice element, there is control, but not when connecting to a choice lookup.  

I utilize Conga Merge to produce many printable documents throughout the standard and custom objects.  To access the Conga Merge functionality, I'd like to pass the variables from my flow into a link on a flow screen.  The screen element has the ability to create a hyperlink; however, the variables are not recognized within this link.  The link is simply a static link.  Is there any way within any of the flow elements to create a dynamic link?

The link would look something like this:

https://www.appextremes.com/apps/Conga/PointMerge.aspx?sessionId={!API.Session_ID} 
&serverUrl={!API.Partner_Server_URL_80}&Id={!Opportunity.Id} 
&ReportId=XXX80000003XXXX  

I would pass in the Session Id, API.PartnerServer URL, and Opportunity Id, and some additional report filter criteria.

I realize that I can pass these variables to the closing visual force page and make the button/links available there.  However, I'd prefer to have the links available within the flow.

Hi,

When I run the flow in the desktop flow designer it works fine but when i run the same flow from SFDC UI (Flows->run) i get this error

"An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow. An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information."

Has anyone else faced this issue. Can anyone provide some help to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

I am using an approval process and field updates to integrate with an external system.  I would like to keep an approval step open when information is sent to an external system and then approve the pending step when the external system updates a field.  Upon approval, the process proceeds to the next step.  With this process, the users can clearly see which approvals are pending in the external system.    

Here's my process:

Approval Step 1: User submits for approval on Step 1.  If approved, Field 1 is updated and the process goes to Approval Step 2.

Trigger 1: When Field 1 is updated, in simple terms, a process is called from an external system.

Approval Step 2: When workflow is complete in the external system, Field 2 is updated from the external system.

I would like the update of Field 2 to close the pending approval on Step 2.  Can I close the pending approval step 2 with a trigger?  Any suggestions or recommendations on how to accomplish this step would be appreciated.

Approval Step 3: Continues with the standard user-based approval process.

Yesterday I successfully saved a new version of my flow off of the active flow and invested a few hours in improved fault handling.  I received a couple errors and lost a little bit of work, but made sure to save regularly and was able to make progress.  I was able to access, modify and save the version yesterday.  However, when I tried to access the version today, I received the following error:

An unknown error occurred. Please contact your salesforce.com support representative and reference ID number 1981269962-78426 (-1995936683).

I have received this error before, but typically have only lost a minimal amount of work.  

I am unable to open the new version.  I have opened a case, but under standard support I don't expect a response for 48 hours.  My question is whether or not the new version of my flow can be repaired or recovered.  Will I be able to access it with support's help, or do I need to re-create my work?  It is important that I understand the best course of action so I can meet my schedule requirements.

The desktop designer locked up on a flow and was unresponsive.  I had to CTRL-ALT-DELTE out of the program.  When prompted to open the recovered file, I receive the following error: "The selected file could not be found or is not a valid format."  

When I try to open the file through the standard File-->Open, I receive the same error.  I have learned the hard way to constantly save the files and I did so a couple of minutes before the program became unresponsive; however, this is the first time I have not been able to open a file.  

Unfortunately, I have many hours invested in this flow.  Is there any way to repair and recover the file?  Help please.

When running through an interview, my pc returns results very slowly...sometimes taking a couple of minutes to step through a single question.  I'm currently running a Win7 machine with 4 MB of memory...with 35% to 50% available.  The system also seem to bog down over multiple runs through the interview.  It's a bit painful to take several minutes to perform a test run on an interview.

Are there any tricks to optimize how the flow runs on a pc?  

I'm new at VF and Flow, scouring through my guides and feeling a little overwhelmed.  I posted a message on the VF page but also know that I may be able to do this with Flow.  Here's what I want to do:

1./  Allow a user to choose an Account from a lookup search (easy enough, although I'd like the lookup to be in a dropdown, based on search criteria rather than radio button options of ALL accounts)

2./  Based on the global region (field is Global_Region__c) in that account, give the option for a category, sub-category and action of a case.  Some regions don't support all functions, so will need the opportunity to have a picklist dependent on the region.

For example:

Category:  Hardware, Software, Accessories

Sub-Category: Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Windows, Office, iTunes, Speakers, Patch Cables, Adapters

Action: Repair, Consult, Replace, Reconfigure, Reimage, Reinstall, Install, Deinstall

Choose ABC with the global region of North America and options may be:

Hardware --> Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard

Software ---> Windows, Office, iTunes

Action ---> Reimage, Reinstall, Consult, Deinstall

But choose ABC with the global region of JAPA and the options may be

Hardware ---> Mouse, Keyboard

Software --> Office

Action ---> Consult

Likewise with LAC and EMEA --- the dependent picklists will change, based on what is supported in the region.  Can this be done?  How?  Originally, we had 15 different record types with picklist value changes for each ... but we want to merge into a single record type for all regions, just displaying what is applicable to that region.   Can this all be done using Flow?

Other than creating and referencing a static list in workflow designer, is there any way to control the sorting of the drop-down in a choice lookup element?

I have a choice lookup element that references a custom object in Salesforce.  The column value that I am displaying is the Name of the custom object and I would like the drop-down to sort in order on this Name; however, when selecting this drop-down, the Names are listed randomly...probably keying off of some other column.  

I do not see a way in either the choice lookup element or the question element to control the sort order for the drop-down.  If it was a simple question not connected to a choice element, there is control, but not when connecting to a choice lookup.