• 75 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have 3 custom text fields, and one formula field to tally and want to return 1 if 1 of the custom text fields is filled in, return 2, if 2 filled in, return 3 if all 3 are filled in. I tried the ISNULL function which didn't work. Then I saw this in help text which explains why it didn't work:

"Text fields are never null, so using this function with a text field always returns false. For example, the formula field IF(ISNULL(new__c) 1, 0) is always zero regardless of the value in the New field."

Anyone knows a way to make this work? Thanks

I am trying to make a numerical field required when an opportunity reaches one of 10 stages but I keep getting a Syntax error saying that it is missing a closing parentheses somewhere.

Can someone point out how to correct this?

Thanks so much!

Jane

AND(
(ISNULL(Overall_TCV_Discount__c )),
(IF
(OR
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "4. Proposal Submitted"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "5. On-site presentations/demos"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "6. Reference/OSI Corporate site visits"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "7. Business Issues/Terms resolved"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "8. Committee recommends OSI resolved"), (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "9. Contractual Issues / Terms"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "10. Decision maker verbal approval set"), (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "11. All approvals recvd/close date"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "12. Signed Contract Recvd"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "13. Closed Won")
)
)
)

Hi,

How can I enable a profile whereby an user has access to only add/edit/delete attachments in Notes and Attachment section for Accounts that may/may NOT be owned by the user.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

• August 31, 2007

I have 3 custom text fields, and one formula field to tally and want to return 1 if 1 of the custom text fields is filled in, return 2, if 2 filled in, return 3 if all 3 are filled in. I tried the ISNULL function which didn't work. Then I saw this in help text which explains why it didn't work:

"Text fields are never null, so using this function with a text field always returns false. For example, the formula field IF(ISNULL(new__c) 1, 0) is always zero regardless of the value in the New field."

Anyone knows a way to make this work? Thanks

I am trying to make a numerical field required when an opportunity reaches one of 10 stages but I keep getting a Syntax error saying that it is missing a closing parentheses somewhere.

Can someone point out how to correct this?

Thanks so much!

Jane

AND(
(ISNULL(Overall_TCV_Discount__c )),
(IF
(OR
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "4. Proposal Submitted"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "5. On-site presentations/demos"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "6. Reference/OSI Corporate site visits"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "7. Business Issues/Terms resolved"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "8. Committee recommends OSI resolved"), (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "9. Contractual Issues / Terms"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "10. Decision maker verbal approval set"), (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "11. All approvals recvd/close date"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "12. Signed Contract Recvd"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "13. Closed Won")
)
)
)

We're implementing some business rules that require a sales rep to convert a lead within a certain number of days. 

Looking for a formula that will show me the number of days it took to convert the lead.

thanks,

p

Is there any way to do an update on a custom object in sites? I am trying to do a simply counter to know how many people view a sites page. Any ideas?

Can I do an insert on a custom object for each visit? Could get messy with lots of data, but maybe I could roll it up later.

Any suggestions from the experts on the best way to track visits to a sites page? Kinda like what Vertical Response does with their 1 pixel images.

Thanks!

• March 23, 2009

What is the best way of preventing this?

The problem is that f.ex.  a sales rep can remove/replace previously attached quotes or other attachments from an opportunity after it has been closed.

The opportunity itself is locked for editing, so it seems this should apply to attachments too.

• March 05, 2009
How can I get a message removed from all staff except for those who need the message? Not sure how you do this, but I don't want these messages going to the full team.

Thanks,
CLT

Hi,

How can I enable a profile whereby an user has access to only add/edit/delete attachments in Notes and Attachment section for Accounts that may/may NOT be owned by the user.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

• August 31, 2007
I am evaluating salesforce.com (and will sign up for the team edition). I was disappointed that I could not use the sync program sfcubed. So, I thought it would be helpful for other Mac users to know what I did to import some of my contacts into Salesforce.com

Since you cannot use the Address book's vCard format you need to export using another means. I found Mail Scripts:

Which did a good job for me. Its pretty straightforward once you install the scripts and activate the scripts menu item. Under the scripts menu you will likely find two sets of Address book Scripts. In one of them you will find "Export Addresses". You can select all or one of your groups. It will save the file to your desktop.

For export options:
Select Add Column Titles
Unselect Unicode Output

and of course the relevant contact fields you want to export. I only did a basic name, work phone, work email, work address export. You may not get 100% match up with your Address book data to salesforce.com so your mileage may vary.

Then you use Salesforce.com's import function which does a nice job of guessing the right fields even. Sweet. Good luck fellow mac users.