• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I'm trying to create recurring tasks to begin after a workflow rule is triggered.  I know it is possible to create a task from a user standpoint to create reminders on a recurring basis but can you create the same kind of tasks as an admin (ie to occur everytime someone triggers a certain field)?

If not, any suggestions to create a recurring trigger formula that would fire immediate tasks on a consistent basis?

Is there any very (and I stress very) basic introduction to building formulas in Salesforce?  Like for a complete beginner, any sort of documents, sites, videos or other that teach the steps or fundementals of using formulas in Salesforce.

I'm an intern working on building a system for a company that hired me and am struggling quite a bit trying to grasp the more complicated sides of setting up their account.

I'm an intern working for the first time with Salesforce.com.  I'm trying to sync two contact fields between what I think are two objects (a parent object and a child object).  Ideally I would like to see if when a contact is added for the parent object, the child object to update the same contact field.  I'm not sure if that is possible in Salesforce.

Also if anyone knows of any good Salesforce beginner sites (for admin related stuff) or beginning formulas and has a link, I would be very grateful for the help.

Thank you very much,

Adeptio

{!REOHQ__REOHQ_Property_Eviction__r.Constable__c}

REOHQ=The kind of specialized version of Salesforce for Real Estate junk.

Property=Object (main object for the code)

Eviction=Object which contains the field we're trying to reference

Constable=The actual field we're trying to get to appear

I'm about two weeks old into my salesforce experience and completely lost on this one.  Will thank you and send cookies to your door if you can teach me how to make this Cross-Reference Object stuff work.