• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm currently working with Opportunities and Opportunity Products. When Opportunity Products are added, the Amount field on the Opportunity is locked even to Administrators. Our Sales department still needs the ability to be able to edit that field.

To that end, I've created a simple update class and test case using the Perl module WWW::Salesforce. The update statement takes two arguments; the database table to update and a hash of the values. So, essentially, the source would be

<src>
my $type = "Opportunity";
my %data = ( "id" => "00600000007zZfW",
                      "Amount" => "900.00" );
update
</src>

The SOAP response says

<src>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope" xmlns=urn:partner.soap.sforce.com"><soapenv:Body><updateResponse><result><id>00600000007zZfWAAU</id><success>true</success></result></updateResponse></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
</src>

So, given that the response was a success to my update, when I view the Opportunity in the Sandbox, shouldn't the Amount be 900 bucks?

Good afternoon.

I'd like to customize the Actions available on a Related List. Specifically, I'd like to remove the Edit/Del options on the Opportunity Product Related List and add an "Inactivate" in their place. We have too many custom fields and objects to make customization of the entire page realistic, and I can't really override any of the main page views to accomodate this.

Anybody ever had any success with this?

Thanks

Good afternoon.

I'd like to customize the Actions available on a Related List. Specifically, I'd like to remove the Edit/Del options on the Opportunity Product Related List and add an "Inactivate" in their place. We have too many custom fields and objects to make customization of the entire page realistic, and I can't really override any of the main page views to accomodate this.

Anybody ever had any success with this?

Thanks

With the Summer'10 release, the Report Builder also is able to edit Summary Reports. During June, we added Boolean filtering and conditional highlighting. As of June 28th, this excludes Matrix reports, and the ability to edit charts. Both of these should be added before September 2010.

I'm particularly interested in:

1) browser compatibility (for instance, we have found and corrected a set of look and feel bugs for IE6)

2) load time and feedback (where we have spent a lot of time optimizing for load-time performance, but still have some work to do on the treeview load time)

3) How you feel about interacting with the builder?

We are really shooting for feature parity with the wizard (i.e.. the Builder create or edit everything the builder can) over the next 2 months and for GA  (in Winter'11), but also we want to know requested changes - here, or on IdeaExchange.

Tom Tobin

• June 28, 2010

Hi - we currently do not like the fact we have to click through several screens just to add a product.  Therefore, what we have done is create a custom button that goes to a custom object, and the custom object does an insert into the real oppLineItem in the background.  However, the way we tie this custom opp line item back to the opportunity is by passing the opportunity name to the custom opp line item via the URLFOR function.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can use the opportunityId as one of the params for this function.  This causes a problem when there are two opps with the same name, or similar names (i.e., opp 01 vs. opp 011)

Has anyone overridden the adding of opp products in their org?  Any pointers on how it was done?