• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am facing the following task: I have a standard list view of one of my custom objects. In this view, I would like to include a custom button that, when clicked, does the following: 

- update a status field on all selected custom objects to a certain value

- take the user to another view which filters on the new value of the status field 

Is this possible somehow? 

Kind regards, 

Martin

If you delete a parent record, all lookup-children are orphaned.  (Not master-details).

The lookup field to the parent from the child is simply nulled out.

So if you wanted to run a query that retreived the records orphaned from that particular parental delete, and you wanted to do it only in an after-delete trigger (not before), how would you do it?

Message Edited by Mehmet_Ergun on 05-29-2009 11:56 AM

Hi all,

I am facing the following task: I have a standard list view of one of my custom objects. In this view, I would like to include a custom button that, when clicked, does the following: 

- update a status field on all selected custom objects to a certain value

- take the user to another view which filters on the new value of the status field 

Is this possible somehow? 

Kind regards, 

Martin

How does on connect a button to an Apex class?

If you delete a parent record, all lookup-children are orphaned.  (Not master-details).

The lookup field to the parent from the child is simply nulled out.

So if you wanted to run a query that retreived the records orphaned from that particular parental delete, and you wanted to do it only in an after-delete trigger (not before), how would you do it?

Message Edited by Mehmet_Ergun on 05-29-2009 11:56 AM

How do we get lookup fields to be displayed on a visualforce page? For example if I need the

oppurtunity's owner and account name is there a way we can get this displayed as an output field?

I am looking at developing a project that will integration SaleForce with another SaaS provider using webservices. The provider has given me the specs for adding the web references within Visual Studio, but I was wondering if this is possible to do using Apex or another product in SalesForce? Whats the best solution for integrating SalesForce and another SaaS provider?

Hello All,

We would like to setup Salesforce.com to deliver auto-response messages on Email-To-Case created Cases to addresses other than the "From" address of the original message. Currently, Salesforce will only deliver an auto-response to the "From" address on the original email. We have a Case trigger than fires on newly created Cases (before insert, before update, after insert, after update) that invokes an Apex class that performs some non-standard Case actions.

Is there any way that we can modify the Apex class so that auto-responses are delivered to different/additional addressses outside of the "From" address on the original message? For example, is there a way that we can set it up to deliver an auto-response to the "From" address and any "CC" addresses on the original message?

We also have a request to send the auto-response to the "Reply-To" address on the original email. The challenge with this is that there is no specific "Reply-To" field on the EmailMessage object:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_emailmessage.htm 

I found an Idea for this on the Ideas site, but it looks to be pretty dormant:

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10088737/AutoResponse_control_choose_your_destination

Anyway, does anybody have ANY ideas on how to accomplish what I have described? Can the auto-responses be controlled through Apex?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer,

-- Rob 

Does anyone know if there is a way to schedule reports in SF? I'd like to have a report run and have the resultsin xl format emailed out to a manager on a weekly basis. Is this possible within SF? I created one report in SFDC.when I clicked on "arrow" symbol on Run Report button.It's not listing out me the available options.

Help me out. 

Thanks...

• April 01, 2009
I get this error constantly while trying to deploy. Where the issue may be?

• January 09, 2009