• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our Apex job has been failing for the past three days with message

"All attempts to execute message failed, message was put on dead ."

We have not made any changes to our code, number of records is relatively the same. Is there a resolution for this?

Thanks

Kunle

• August 25, 2011

Hi,

I have a controller that passes a list of objects to visualforce page. On this page I have an apex:repeater that iterates over these objects, each object is placed in an apex: PageBlockSection, then in this pageblocksection, I bind each object(List of inner objects) to an apex: pageBlockTable, then in each row of these tables(one table per section) I have html input elements of type text that house some fields from the inner objects. 

When a change is a made in the row of the table I want to pass back to my controller the Id of that object, the field that was changed and the value of the field. 

The save button is unique for every row and there is a javascript function that handles the onlick event.

In this javascript save function I pretty much have the object id, the field name and the value from the text box, I just don't know how to pass these to my controller.  Any suggestion is welcomed.

More Info:

I tried using apex: param but because of how dynamic this page is the value in the param becomes stale pretty quick. 

I am currently using jquery so I would want to avoid using any other javascript framework.

Thanks

K

Folks,

I've run into some problems while trying to work with email templates and visualforce/apex. We're trying to build a step-by-step wizard interface that uses emails and templates, but it looks like if a template is applied to an Apex Email Object, the merge fields are only evaluated after the email is sent. Furthermore, the template body and subject replaces any body and subject specified, which means one is not allowed to edit anything in the template before sending out.

For the latter problem (how to allow users to edit templates before sending), we've found a way to present the subject and body to the user, take that text in as input, and create a  temporary email template from it to apply to an email and send it. It'd be nice to have a cleaner solution to this, though.

For the first problem, we still have no good solution, short of parsing merge fields ourselves. Is there some secret solution for this that I'm not seeing? Some sort of way to ask the system "evaluate merge fields given a template and any necessary who/what Ids"?

The standard salesforce interface allows both of the behaviors above.

Thank,

Grant

• March 20, 2010

Are the new aggregate queries supposed to work with batch apex?  I didn't find anything that says it is unsupported, but I sent a "group by rollup" query to a batch class, and got this error:

System.Exception: Aggregate query does not support queryMore(), use LIMIT to restrict the results to a single batch

Any ideas?

HI,

I'm trying to create a custom edit page using Apex class to retrieve the fields information and then display

the fields in vForce page. However I got the following error message in the process. Any help would be

appreciated. It's very helpful with some custom edit page sample codes. Thanks

Paul

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

• September 29, 2009

I'm getting the following error with IE in the Salesforce javascript supporting Ajax calls ....

Webpage error details User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0) Timestamp: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 02:00:43 UTC Message: Unknown runtime error Line: 120 Char: 1 Code: 0 URI: http://homewarrantygroup.force.com/faces/a4j/g/3_3_0.GAorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.AjaxScript

The page is hosted in an iFrame and works perfectly in Firefox, but when I click an actionButton in IE, the Ajax callback starts (but doesn't finish) and IE shows this error in the alerts area.

Has anyone else run into this error?  Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Ron 

When I run the apex:repeat on the VisualForce page, I want to output a number that increments as a line number just like in the image above.

This is the code I am using to implemnt it.  However, it's not incrementing.

public class QuoteExtension {
    public Integer Getcounter() {
         return Counter;
    }

public void Getincrementcounter() {
         Counter++;
    }

Integer Counter = 0;

}

Hi,

I have a controller that passes a list of objects to visualforce page. On this page I have an apex:repeater that iterates over these objects, each object is placed in an apex: PageBlockSection, then in this pageblocksection, I bind each object(List of inner objects) to an apex: pageBlockTable, then in each row of these tables(one table per section) I have html input elements of type text that house some fields from the inner objects. 

When a change is a made in the row of the table I want to pass back to my controller the Id of that object, the field that was changed and the value of the field. 

The save button is unique for every row and there is a javascript function that handles the onlick event.

In this javascript save function I pretty much have the object id, the field name and the value from the text box, I just don't know how to pass these to my controller.  Any suggestion is welcomed.

More Info:

I tried using apex: param but because of how dynamic this page is the value in the param becomes stale pretty quick. 

I am currently using jquery so I would want to avoid using any other javascript framework.

Thanks

K

Hi, every one...
I'm thinking about making automatic proccess to import Excel file attached in Email to Salesoforce:

1. Invoke some APEX class when email comes to specific mail address.
2. Upload the attached Excel file in the email to document folder in Salesforce.
3. Invoke APEX code to read the data in Excel file and import the data to Salesforce Custom Object.
4. Notify the salesmanager that new custom list imported to Salesforce.

I appreciate so much if some one help me to know how I can do it.

Regards,

Akira Fujiwara

Hello,

Is it possible to query Reports and retrieve its Id. Something like...

Code:
Select Id from Report where name='MyReportName';

I have a requirement where I want to redirect the user to a Report from my SControl. I dont see any Report object in the salesforce schema.

Thanks,
Rohit