• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue I am having. I set up a simple page with an apex tabList. I then added a simple style to the page as seen below. When I then add this page to a tab (i.e. Contacts, Leads, etc.), and open the page in IE8 (running in compatibility mode) I find a number of situations that causes the embedded control to go blank.

For instance, resizing the page will cause the control to disappear. Also hovering over the labels near the top of the page that casue the hidden panel to appear (Activity History, Open Activity, etc) will cause the control to go blank.

I have narrowed down the issue to to "position: relative;" style attribute. If I remove that attribute, the issue does not occur. I have only noticed this happen in IE8 running in compatibility mode.

My code is below:

css style

.control { background-color:#F3F3EC; position: relative; }

page

<apex:page standardController="lead">
<apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.TabStyle}"/>
<apex:outputPanel id="control" styleClass="control" layout="block">
<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name1" id="theTabPanel">
<apex:tab label="Tab 1" name="name1" id="tabOne" styleClass="tabOne">
Tab 1
</apex:tab>
<apex:tab label="Tab 2" name="name2" id="tabTwo" styleClass="tabTwo">
Tab 2
<apex:tab label="Tab 3" name="name3" id="tabThree" styleClass="tabThree">
Tab 3
</apex:tabPanel>
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:page>

Any information anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello all,

I apologize if this is question is redundent or if it just doesn't make sense but I am having an issue that perhaps I just do not understand. Basically, I have created a package containing a simple, basic component as below:

<apex:component access="global"> <h1>Hello</h1> This is a test Component </apex:component>

In a different environment I have installed the package. I then created a new VisualForce page and referenced the above component as follows:

<apex:page > <c:TestComponent01 />

Very simple.

Now if I set the package to be "managed/beta" and attempt to reference the component the same wa, I cannot do it. It gives the error "component testcomponent01 does not exist".

As I stated before, maybe I am just misunderstanding access permissions in a managed package but Iam under the impression that setting a component to'access="global"' would make it available to be used outside of the package.

Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello all,

I apologize for the obscure subject title but I wasn't sure of a better way to explain this. I'm having an issue I hope someone can assist me with.

I have two datatables. The first one allows a user to enter some values and on an "onchange" event, the second table is rerendered to reflect those values. The issue is that the second table does not update when the onchange fires in the last field. Everything works fine when values are entered into any field but the last one

I've attached a stripped down version of my code below.

Component:

<apex:component controller="sampleCon"> <apex:form > <apex:dataTable value="{!Params}" var="paramItems"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet> <label >{!paramItems.name}</label> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Value</apex:facet> <apex:actionRegion > <apex:inputText value="{!paramItems.value}"> <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="reviewRenderPanel"/> </apex:inputText> </apex:actionRegion> </apex:column> </apex:dataTable> </apex:form> <apex:outputPanel id="reviewRenderPanel"> <apex:form > <apex:dataTable value="{!paramValues}" var="paramReview"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet> <label >{!paramReview.name}</label> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Value</apex:facet> <label >{!paramReview.value}</label> </apex:column> </apex:dataTable> </apex:form> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:component>

Controller:

public class sampleCon { List<paramitemswrapper> paramList = new List<paramitemswrapper>(); public List<paramItemswrapper> Params { get { if (paramList.isEmpty()){ paramList.add(new paramitemswrapper('Name1')); paramList.add(new paramitemswrapper('Name2')); paramList.add(new paramitemswrapper('Name3')); } return paramList; } set; } List<paramitemswrapper> paramValueList = new List<paramitemswrapper>(); public List<paramitemswrapper> paramValues { get { if (Params != null) { paramValueList = Params; } return paramValueList; } set; } public class paramitemswrapper { public String name{get; set;} public String value{get; set;} public paramitemswrapper(String paramName) { name = paramName; } } }

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue I am having. I set up a simple page with an apex tabList. I then added a simple style to the page as seen below. When I then add this page to a tab (i.e. Contacts, Leads, etc.), and open the page in IE8 (running in compatibility mode) I find a number of situations that causes the embedded control to go blank.

For instance, resizing the page will cause the control to disappear. Also hovering over the labels near the top of the page that casue the hidden panel to appear (Activity History, Open Activity, etc) will cause the control to go blank.

I have narrowed down the issue to to "position: relative;" style attribute. If I remove that attribute, the issue does not occur. I have only noticed this happen in IE8 running in compatibility mode.

My code is below:

css style

.control { background-color:#F3F3EC; position: relative; }

page

<apex:page standardController="lead">
<apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.TabStyle}"/>
<apex:outputPanel id="control" styleClass="control" layout="block">
<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name1" id="theTabPanel">
<apex:tab label="Tab 1" name="name1" id="tabOne" styleClass="tabOne">
Tab 1
<apex:tab label="Tab 2" name="name2" id="tabTwo" styleClass="tabTwo">
Tab 2
<apex:tab label="Tab 3" name="name3" id="tabThree" styleClass="tabThree">
Tab 3
</apex:tabPanel>
</apex:outputPanel>

Any information anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello all,

I apologize if this is question is redundent or if it just doesn't make sense but I am having an issue that perhaps I just do not understand. Basically, I have created a package containing a simple, basic component as below:

<apex:component access="global"> <h1>Hello</h1> This is a test Component </apex:component>

In a different environment I have installed the package. I then created a new VisualForce page and referenced the above component as follows:

<apex:page > <c:TestComponent01 />

Very simple.

Now if I set the package to be "managed/beta" and attempt to reference the component the same wa, I cannot do it. It gives the error "component testcomponent01 does not exist".

As I stated before, maybe I am just misunderstanding access permissions in a managed package but Iam under the impression that setting a component to'access="global"' would make it available to be used outside of the package.

Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello all,

I apologize for the obscure subject title but I wasn't sure of a better way to explain this. I'm having an issue I hope someone can assist me with.

I have two datatables. The first one allows a user to enter some values and on an "onchange" event, the second table is rerendered to reflect those values. The issue is that the second table does not update when the onchange fires in the last field. Everything works fine when values are entered into any field but the last one

I've attached a stripped down version of my code below.

Component:

<apex:component controller="sampleCon"> <apex:form > <apex:dataTable value="{!Params}" var="paramItems"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet> <label >{!paramItems.name}</label> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Value</apex:facet> <apex:actionRegion > <apex:inputText value="{!paramItems.value}"> <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="reviewRenderPanel"/> </apex:inputText> </apex:actionRegion> </apex:column> </apex:dataTable> </apex:form> <apex:outputPanel id="reviewRenderPanel"> <apex:form > <apex:dataTable value="{!paramValues}" var="paramReview"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet> <label >{!paramReview.name}</label> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Value</apex:facet> <label >{!paramReview.value}</label> </apex:column> </apex:dataTable> </apex:form> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:component>

Controller:

public class sampleCon { List<paramitemswrapper> paramList = new List<paramitemswrapper>(); public List<paramItemswrapper> Params { get { if (paramList.isEmpty()){ paramList.add(new paramitemswrapper('Name1')); paramList.add(new paramitemswrapper('Name2')); paramList.add(new paramitemswrapper('Name3')); } return paramList; } set; } List<paramitemswrapper> paramValueList = new List<paramitemswrapper>(); public List<paramitemswrapper> paramValues { get { if (Params != null) { paramValueList = Params; } return paramValueList; } set; } public class paramitemswrapper { public String name{get; set;} public String value{get; set;} public paramitemswrapper(String paramName) { name = paramName; } } }

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.