• 124 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to populate a custom email  field on leads by combining the values of the standard fax field and adding "@smartfax.com"

Results would be: 1+fax#@smartfax.com

it's just i have no idea how to formulate this formula in the workflow update field formula editor? or any other way?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by cldave on 03-10-2010 12:08 PM
  • March 10, 2010

Hello,

Is there a way to put functions inside a report criteria?  For example, if I set the operator to CONTAINS I do not want to hard code a month.  What I really need to know is that the opportunity field DESCRIPTION contains 09/**/09.  The problem is we have the users enter mm/dd/yy as the first part of a line in the description.  This helps know when they added the comment but they may enter mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy!  I just want to catch mm and yy of the current date that it runs.  I tried something like MONTH(Today()) but it did not work.

So can we use functions in report criteria and if we can can you provide a link to help on this and an example?

I am trying to create a formula that will show what type of service description our object is.

I know how to do the case for one field:

CASE(text( Waste_Type__c ),"SW","Solid Waste Can","OCC","Cardboard Can","RM","Recyclable Materials Can","")

But I need to take this one step further and have two fields matched to return the complete service description.

In my words:

If waste type = "SW" && can_size_c <10 then return "Solid waste can", 

else if waste type = "SW" && can-size_c >10 then return "Solid Waste Roll Off"

Thank you in advance

• September 15, 2009

Hi All

I have an Approval process for which I have only 1 step that is to be approved by Approver.

Once the request is approved by the Approver, I don't want to have them see the "Submit for Approval" button on the page as the button is meaningless, since there are no further steps.

Any idea how to do that ?? i.e. remove the default button appearing on the page displayed after the approval is done??

Any help will be great.

Thanks

Has anyone vetted the security of email approval responses? 

Our security team is concerned that a user could get an approval request email and change the opportunity data in the email header in order to inappropriately approve another opportunity that they shouldn't have access to.

Based on the number of rows in the ProcessInstanceWorkItems table, it appears that rows are deleted when the target object is approved or rejected.  Is that correct?

I only see records for items that are pending.

Our sales team wants us to populate their default sales team data on each sales user's record for them so that they don't have to enter over 50 users themselves.  Seems pretty straight forward to load the data, but what I don't know is if these records that are added to the default sales team will have the “Automatically add my default sales team to opportunities that I create or open opportunities that are transferred to me ” option selected on them. Without that, they would have to manually select the "Add Default Team" on each of their new opportunities to get the default team added.

Is there a way to do this through the data load?  I can't see to find where this value can be populated on the record.  I only see these fields and the system fields on the UserTeamMember object: 

OpportunityAccessLevel

TeamMemberRole

OwnerId

UserId

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have a trigger using a variable that is the value of an equation that I need to get the absolute value of.  I can't seem to get the code to compile.  Here's the error I get and my code:

Error: Compile Error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: ABS(Double) at line 32 column 32

Decimal DiscountDiff1 = null; Decimal DiscountDiff2 = null; Opportunity O = [select Id, Discount_Rollup__c, Max_Discount__c, Discount_Approved__c, SA_Discount__c, Account.Strategic_Account_Designation__c from Opportunity where Id = :OLI.OpportunityId LIMIT 1]; DiscountDiff1 = ABS (OLI.Discount__c - O.SA_Discount__c); DiscountDiff2 = ABS (O.SA_Discount__c - OLI.Discount__c);

OLI.Discount__c  & O.SA_Discount__c are both decimal (percent) fields.

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm trying to pass an Account name to a report with quotation marks around the name since some account names have commas in them (ex. Target, Inc.).  Does anyone know how to do this?

Here's my current link  URL: 

/00OT00000017Kr8?pv0={!Account.Name}&pv6={!Account.Name}&pv7={!Account.Name}&pv8={!Account.Name}

I tried adding quotes around  "{!Account.Name}" but that didn't work.

Message Edited by tstrong on 12-23-2009 12:22 PM

I need to build a report with a filter that shows not only the opportunities in my territory, but those in all of my team's territories.  The problem is that there is no standard way of doing this in a report.  There is an idea on the IdeaExchange for this (http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10088301/My_territory_teams_opportunities_view_filter_needed_for_opportunity_reports).

Has anyone built something custom to address this need yet?

I am designing a trigger on the Territory object that will collect all of the parent Territories and the assigned users to populate a "TerritoryMgr" field with the manager of that Territory and all of the parent Territory managers (assigned users).  I'm struggling with the code though.  Below is what I have so far.  Not sure how good it is since it's a compilation of code I found online.

trigger TerritoryManagerUpdate on Territory (before insert, before update) { // Create a list of maps - each entry represents a 'generation' of parents in the parent/child hierarchy // (Territory, parent, grandparent, great-grandparent, etc.) List<Map<Id, Territory>> listTerritoryMaps = new List<Map<Id, Territory>>(); // Start with the Territories from the trigger list - put them in a map, indexed by Id. Map<ID, Territory> mapTerritoriesToQuery = new Map<ID, Territory>((List<Territory>)Trigger.new); // Create a list of parent ids - used for single query to receive parent generation Territories. List<ID> listParentTerritoryIds = createListOfParentTerritoryIdsFromTerritoryMap(mapTerritoriesToQuery); while (listParentTerritoryIds.size() > 0) { // Use a single database query to get the parent Territory records, put results in a map, and add the map to the list. // FYI - need to set appropriate Select Fields. Map<ID, Territory> mapParentResults = new Map<ID, Territory>([SELECT ID, ParentTerritoryId FROM Territory WHERE Id IN :listParentTerritoryIds]); listTerritoryMaps.add(mapParentResults); // Create a list of Parent ids using the results from the previous query. listParentTerritoryIds = createListOfParentTerritoryIdsFromTerritoryMap(mapParentResults); } // Now iterate the trigger.new list and perform parent look-ups via the list of generational Territory maps. for (Integer i = 0; i<Trigger.new.size(); i++) { Territory terrUltimateParent = (Territory)Trigger.new[i]; ID idParent = terrUltimateParent.ParentTerritoryId; // Iterate the list of maps until you find a null parent id. for (Integer j=0; (idParent != null && j<listTerritoryMaps.size()-1); j++) { terrUltimateParent = listTerritoryMaps[j].get(idParent); idParent = terrUltimateParent.ParentTerritoryId; } // Right here, terrUltimateParent should hold the ultimate parent for Trigger.new[i] - //do whatever needs to be done. } private List<ID> createListOfParentTerritoryIdsFromTerritoryMap(Map<ID, Territory> mapTerritories) { List<ID> listParentTerritoryIds = new List<ID>(); // Iterate map to create list of parent ids. for (Territory terr : mapTerritories.Values()) { listParentTerritoryIds.add(terr.ParentTerritoryId); } return listParentTerritoryIds; } }

Any help you can provide would be super!

Thanks!

I have an approval process that uses the "Let the submitter choose the approver manually." function to assign the approval step.  There is one big problem with this.  Our sales team is selecting themselves and approving their own discounts.  Not good.

Since we don't have a hierarchy built into roles or set up as Managers/Designated Approvers, we can't use the other options for assigning the approval step.  

Is there any way to restrict the users that are availble for selection in this process, so that we could auto reject any that are assigned to the opportunity owner, or assigned to someone that is not in a specific profile?

Ihave a custom field on Account that is a user lookup called "SA Manager."  I also have an "SA Manager User" lookup field on Opportunity that is a user lookup.  Every opportunity related to that account needs to have the SA Manager User field updated when "SA Manager" field is changed on the Account.

I created a trigger to update it, but can't seem to get the code to compile.  My IF statement is off and I'm getting the following error:

Error: Compile Error: Illegal assignment from Schema.SObjectField to Id at line 13 column 8

trigger UpdateSAMgrOnOppty on Account (after update) { Account acctObj = Trigger.new[0]; IF (acctObj.SA_Manager__r.Id != null && ISCHANGED(acctObj.SA_Manager__r.Id))

User name = [SELECT u.Id, u.Name from User u where u.Id =: acctObj.SA_Manager__r.Id]; for (Opportunity oppty : [Select o.Id, o.SA_Manager_User__r.Id From Opportunity o where o.Account.id = :acctObj.id ]) { oppty.SA_Manager_User__c = name.id ; update oppty; } }

Any help is appreciated!

• September 22, 2009

Background:

I downloaded the app Project and Issue Management from the appexchange (http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016bL9EAI).

I added the Case lookup field to the Project object.  I then added the Project related list section to the Case page layout.  There is a "New Project" button on the related list.  When you click this, it auto populates the Case number on the Project record.  Similarly, when you add the Project related list to the Contact, you can create a "New Project" from there that auto populates the Contact field on the Project.

Now my question:

Has anyone written a trigger that would update the Contact field with the ContactId from the related Case on Insert?

Normally you could do this with a workflow, but you can't update a lookup field via a workflow field update action.

Message Edited by tstrong on 09-18-2009 03:19 PM
  • September 18, 2009

My company has Accounts that are related to each other in some complex hierarchies.  For example, we could have GE as a parent company and 50 child companies under them, with multiple children under each of those child companies.

We want to give the business users the ability to transfer a contact to any of the companies within the hierarchy, but not any accounts outside of the hierarchy.  Is that possible?

I set up a simple validation rule on a custom field that I created on the Contact called Parent Account that references the Parent Account on the Contact's Account.  It checks to see if the Parent Account changes and triggers the validation rule if it does, but this won't allow for transferring the Contact to an Account somewhere else in the hierarchy.

Any ideas?

• September 08, 2009

I have a custom object named Meeting Registrations on which there is a Contact lookup field called Meeting Registrant.  These Meeting Registrations are a child to the custom Meeting object.  When I display the Meeting Registrations related list on the Meeting page and include the Meeting Registrant field in the list, there is no hover on this contact field.

Is it possible to add one (all of the hover options are on in the UI)?  If not, is it possible to display the City and State for this contact lookup field?

Thanks!

• September 03, 2009
I need a field in the opportunity object that reflects the number of days since any activity linked to the opportunity was updated (Last Modified Date on Activity record).  This can either be a task or an event which is open or completed.

Since this field is not accessible as a rollup on the opportunity, I'm guessing I have to create a trigger to do this.  Any ideas?
  • September 02, 2009
How can you make the "Comments" field (or any other field) on the Approval Request page layout?  Where are the fields for this object stored?
Has anyone created a custom Activities object that is basically a clone of Activities (tasks & events) for different types of activities?  A group of users on our platform want their own section of Activities on an opportunity that is separate from the general Activities.
When you start using cases in SF you usually setup auto-response rules to automatically respond to your clients. In doing so, you are forced to setup loads of exception rules to prevent SPAM. Not only the auto-response rules have to take this into consideration but also the case assignment rules have to implement these exceptions.

As a SF administrator you feel like you're fighting a battle that simply cannot be won. Once you've implemented an exception rule for one domain 10 others have surfaced.

And, if you're really lucky, SF will go into what nearly seems like an infinite loop where loads and loads of cases are created. E.g. a case is created from a SPAM email (because no exception rule was implemented), the auto-response rules reply back, that email is bounced and returned to SF which then, for some reason, is not linked to the original case but a new case is created and the process basically starts all over again.

After briefly speaking with SF Support about this issue the answer was that they were also fighting that problem and handling it the same way (i.e. by setting up assignment rules and auto-response rules).

Is that really the best way to go about this? I find that very hard to believe and would appreciate any input you guys may have on the subject.

Cheers.

Søren Nødskov Hansen

I'm trying to populate a custom email  field on leads by combining the values of the standard fax field and adding "@smartfax.com"

Results would be: 1+fax#@smartfax.com

it's just i have no idea how to formulate this formula in the workflow update field formula editor? or any other way?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by cldave on 03-10-2010 12:08 PM
  • March 10, 2010

Hello,

on my list of Leads, there are 3 standard buttons : "New", "Change Status" and "Change owner".

I'd like to add a new button that would allow to send mail directly to a lead, so to use the standard "SendEmail" button. Is it possible ?

Could somebody explain me how to do this ?

thanks by advance for your help

J.

I'm trying to pass an Account name to a report with quotation marks around the name since some account names have commas in them (ex. Target, Inc.).  Does anyone know how to do this?

Here's my current link  URL: 

/00OT00000017Kr8?pv0={!Account.Name}&pv6={!Account.Name}&pv7={!Account.Name}&pv8={!Account.Name}

I tried adding quotes around  "{!Account.Name}" but that didn't work.

Message Edited by tstrong on 12-23-2009 12:22 PM

Hi All,

I just logged this issue with SF.com support.  However, I figured I'd post the issue to the forum as well, to see which venue yields a better response. :)

---

I have a single Custom Field ("Handles_Title__c" ) on a Custom Object ("Purchase__c" ) that I would like to deploy via the Force.com IDE. However, I am getting an error "Must specify a non-empty label for the CustomObject" when I try to deploy this field.

Steps for Reproduction:

Preconditions:

I have two sandboxes, "greg" and "stage". Both sandboxes have acustom object called "Purchase__c". However, the Purchase__c object onthe "greg" sandbox has an additional field called "Handles_Title__c"that does not exist in "stage".

Steps:

1) In eclipse, go to File -> New -> Force.com Project. Create a new project pointing to the "greg" sandbox.

2) On the "Choose Initial Project Components" page, choose the"Selected metadata components" radio button, and click the "Choose..."button.

3) On the "Choose Metadata Components" page:
3.a) Expand the "objects - custom list"
3.b) Expand the "Purchase__c" list
3.c) Expand the "customfield" list
3.d) Check the box next to "Handles_Title__c"
3.e) Click the "Ok" button

4) Back on the "Choose Initial Project Contents" page, click the "Finish" button.

5) Right click the "src" folder in the newly created project. Select Force.com -> Deploy to server...

6) Enter login credentials for the "stage" sandbox, click "Next".

7) On the "Archive Options" screen, uncheck both "archive" checkboxes, click "Next".

8) On the "Deployment Plan" screen, check the "Overwrite" box for "Purchase__c". Click the "Next" button.  

Expected Results:

The custom field "Handles_Title__c" should be created in the stage sandbox.

Actual Results:

Deployment fails with the error: "Must specify a non-empty label for the CustomObject" 

Message Edited by glorge on 12-08-2009 04:13 PM
  • December 09, 2009

I have an approval process that uses the "Let the submitter choose the approver manually." function to assign the approval step.  There is one big problem with this.  Our sales team is selecting themselves and approving their own discounts.  Not good.

Since we don't have a hierarchy built into roles or set up as Managers/Designated Approvers, we can't use the other options for assigning the approval step.  

Is there any way to restrict the users that are availble for selection in this process, so that we could auto reject any that are assigned to the opportunity owner, or assigned to someone that is not in a specific profile?

We implemented an approval workflow and also approval escalation when initial approver did not respond within 24 hour. However, when we tried to UPDATE the ACTORID for the processinstanceworkitem, we received this error:

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

what permission do we need for the user to be able to update the processinstanceworkitem?

Thanks. 

Hi All,

I have an approval process that based on a picklist field value decides which Queue should be the next approver. Now the client has the requriement that the Queue Members should have the ability to change the Approver Queue if they feel that the other queue should actually be the approver. How can this be done? Has anybody done anything of this kind before?

The only soln I can think of is to recall the record from Approval process and resend to the appropriate queue when the picklist value is updated. However the approval history will record this. Is it possible to dynamically change the approver once the record is in the approval process?

Message Edited by Rajesh Shah on 07-30-2009 02:44 PM

Hi All

I have an Approval process for which I have only 1 step that is to be approved by Approver.

Once the request is approved by the Approver, I don't want to have them see the "Submit for Approval" button on the page as the button is meaningless, since there are no further steps.

Any idea how to do that ?? i.e. remove the default button appearing on the page displayed after the approval is done??

Any help will be great.

Thanks

How do I query the Territories that are associated with an Account?  I found another thread that mentioned the AccountShare object, but I don't see how that helps...

Thanks
Chris
  • August 05, 2008
Hello,

is it possible to use the Salesforce.com API to determine which fields are visible to a specified Profile and which of these are read-only?

I thought this information might be accessible from the Profile object, but as far as I can tell it isn't.

Thanks in advance

Regards

John
  • January 29, 2008
Hi,

How can I enable a profile whereby an user has access to only add/edit/delete attachments in Notes and Attachment section for Accounts that may/may NOT be owned by the user.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

• August 31, 2007