• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have created a TabPanel within which there are two tabs say A & B.

In tab A, i display/print the records (let us say item details with a price). Beside each row there is a checkbox, users selects the items they want to purchase by clicking on the items shown in each row. Now when i want to goto TAB B, by clicking on the button NEXT (present at the foot of the TAB A), i am loosing the list of selection (made by clicking the CHECKBOX) made by the user in TAB A. 

How do i save the CHECKBOX STATE/VALUE (i.e ticked).

Pls help me... it is urgent...

• September 11, 2009

Hi,

We have developed an application on Salesforce. Now based on that application we have created Sites (website) to allow users to check their details or to enter data.

I have created CUSTOMISED TABS and attached VisualForce Pages to those, and have used custom controls.

I have a doubts / questions, in every Visual Page after login into the site, to display informations from the custom objects of the particular individual who has logged in (i.e only data related to the person who has logged in),  i am first checking the userid from the user object, then from their checking the account name from contact objects and then from their checking the id of the from the account object and then finally retrieving the data from the custom objects (i have pasted the sample code).

public LIST<CUSTOM_OJECT> getServBaseList()
    {
       User usr = [select email from user where id = :userinfo.getUserID()];
       contact y= [select account.name from contact where email= :usr.email];
       account a = [select id from account where name = :y.account.name];

return [select name from CUSTOM_OJECT where som__Account__c = :a.id];

}

Now is it possible to get the id (like the one i get from account object above) directly, the way we get the id while using application from the Salesforce environment.

What is the best practice to handle such a scenario. Plss help

• September 05, 2009

I have created a site. i have two doubts :

1. My site URL is http://XYZ-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/XYZ, now when i type this URL, i want it to goto straight to SITELOGIN screen i.e i want it to goto http://XYZ-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/XYZ/siteLogin. How to do this.

2. Now i made a VF Page, and set the Active Site Home Page (under SITE Option) to that VF Page, i also created a new HOME PAGE LAYOUT which i just ticked two components. Now the issue is when i put this URL http://XYZ-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/XYZ, it is showing me the VF Page along with one TAB. And it is working ok when i append the URL with SITELOGIN.

However when i logout from the screen, it takes me back to the screen which shows me the VF PAGE.

Can somebody help.

• August 29, 2009

I have created a VF Page A, where i am listing down the INVOICES details (like INV No., Date, AMT), now when a users click on one of the INVOICE No. from the List of Invoice Diplayed, it will generate a PDF File (for this i am creating VF Page B with renderAs option).

I have used COMMANDLINK in INVOICE No.  

Now my question is how to pass the parameter INVOICE No. to VF Page B.

Your urgent help be highly appreciated.

• August 19, 2009

I have created a Site Server and Configured the Customer Portal Also. Configure the site server as per the docs /details found in the manual provided in the site.

Now when i go through CONTACT Object and click option "Login as portal user" for a particular user or paste the URL and login, a particular controller along with visualforce page is working perfectly fine.

However when i go through SITE SERVER URL, after login in, i am getting an error message (mentioned below)

" Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00590000000E7ME/00D900000000ZuT

Visualforce Page: /chikpea/index.jsp

System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject

Class.InstallBaseExtension.getServBaseList: line 20, column 19
External entry point"

I am pasting below the method i wrote:

public LIST<som__Service_Base__c> getServBaseList()
    {
       User usr = [select email from user where id = :userinfo.getUserID()]; <---- (Line 20, probably it is not getting USERID)
       som__install_base__c d = [select id from som__install_base__c where som__Account__c = :a.id];

return [select name, som__Service_Plan__r.name from som__Service_Base__c where som__Install_Base__c = :d.id];

}

Can somebody help, how to resolve this issue. Is it an issue of passing userid parameters between login screen and ACTIVE SITE HOME PAGE, need help pls...

• August 15, 2009

hi,

pls find the code of the custom controller below:

{
   return [select name from som__Service_Base__c ];

}

Code in Visualforce Page:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ServBaseList}" var="c">    
            <apex:column value="{!c.name}"/>
          </apex:pageBlockTable>

when i access this method from the visual page at the run-time (login id : x) it is printing out/displaying the contect/list of the custom object.

However the same when i go to customer portal (login id:y whose profile is customer portal user) and click the TAB ( i have mapped the PAGE in the custom tab), it is not showing the data, can somebody please help what can be the reason.

• August 13, 2009

How to return the value from the following code and also use the same value in the where clause of the another SOQL stmt inside a custom control

• August 11, 2009

Hi,

I created a VisualForce Page which i attached to a custom tab. Now under the visualforce page i wrong a custom controller, the section of the code pasted below.

public string getInstallBase()
    {
        string x= ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
        return  x + 'Hi Dear';
    }

Now when i am displaying the the value x, in the page, it is showing NULL. I tried using other two commands instead of ApexPages.CurrentPage...... (used s.getRecord().id & system.currentPageReference().getParameters()..... where 's' is the standard controller) but found the value x as NULL), can somebody help, wht is the problem or how to derive the id.

• August 10, 2009

I have three customer objects created. Where the actual data entry is done and bill is processed.

Now i want to allow CUSTOMER to see those bill as part of the website, and also have the option of hyperlink, when they can drill down the data.

Kindly note, the data is to be pulled from all the 3 custom objects.

Now if i want to create such site using VisualForce. How to go about? And also i have one doubt, do i need to associate the visual page with customer object like STANDARD CONTROLLER = "Position__c").

Would be a great help if you can share some examples or steps in general.

Thanks in advance

Can somebody tell me where can i download the file named RecruitingApp-3_0.zip, in the book its part is mentioned as

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force_Platform_Fundamentals. I am not able to locate the file. Pls help

Hi,

We have developed an application on Salesforce. Now based on that application we have created Sites (website) to allow users to check their details or to enter data.

I have created CUSTOMISED TABS and attached VisualForce Pages to those, and have used custom controls.

I have a doubts / questions, in every Visual Page after login into the site, to display informations from the custom objects of the particular individual who has logged in (i.e only data related to the person who has logged in),  i am first checking the userid from the user object, then from their checking the account name from contact objects and then from their checking the id of the from the account object and then finally retrieving the data from the custom objects (i have pasted the sample code).

public LIST<CUSTOM_OJECT> getServBaseList()
    {
       User usr = [select email from user where id = :userinfo.getUserID()];

return [select name from CUSTOM_OJECT where som__Account__c = :a.id];

}

Now is it possible to get the id (like the one i get from account object above) directly, the way we get the id while using application from the Salesforce environment.

What is the best practice to handle such a scenario. Plss help

• September 05, 2009

hi,

pls find the code of the custom controller below:

{
   return [select name from som__Service_Base__c ];

}

Code in Visualforce Page:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ServBaseList}" var="c">    
            <apex:column value="{!c.name}"/>
          </apex:pageBlockTable>

when i access this method from the visual page at the run-time (login id : x) it is printing out/displaying the contect/list of the custom object.

However the same when i go to customer portal (login id:y whose profile is customer portal user) and click the TAB ( i have mapped the PAGE in the custom tab), it is not showing the data, can somebody please help what can be the reason.

• August 13, 2009

Hi,

I created a VisualForce Page which i attached to a custom tab. Now under the visualforce page i wrong a custom controller, the section of the code pasted below.

public string getInstallBase()
    {
        string x= ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
        return  x + 'Hi Dear';
    }

Now when i am displaying the the value x, in the page, it is showing NULL. I tried using other two commands instead of ApexPages.CurrentPage...... (used s.getRecord().id & system.currentPageReference().getParameters()..... where 's' is the standard controller) but found the value x as NULL), can somebody help, wht is the problem or how to derive the id.

• August 10, 2009