• Cognizant Technology Solutions

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Team

I would like to know, how a checkbox field automatically uncheck based on some date criteria through workflow time trigger. Basically logic should be..

If date_field_c + 1=today() then field update happen (checkbox_field_c = unchecked)

I already implemented one workflow but it did not work well. I am mentioning my workflow logic below:-
RecordType.Name = "Field Staff" && ((End_Date__c + 1) = today())

Field update:-
New Field ValueFalse

Please let me know how I can resolve the issue.

I have a custom field in cases that is for "date scheduled" Is there any way to make the Date scheduled turn to the color red if the date is today or earlier? I assume that there is a function that I can assign to the "date scheduled" field do this? Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!  

I have been installing apex data loader on unix server/machine. Is it possible and how ?. I installed data loader on windows os and working just fine. I haven't installed on Unix. Let me know the procedure. I appreciate your all help on giving me info, in advance.

Thanks

sfdc.guy

Hi All,
I have gone into a problem of automatically assigning a record type to a child object based upon the record type of a parent object.
I have a custom child object "Additional products" linked to the case object and the RecordType.DeveloperName on the child object is exactly the same as that of the case record types.
I am able to achive the automatic recordtype selection without any problems by following ht ebelow blog:
https://force201.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/automatically-setting-the-record-type-of-a-detail-object-based-on-the-record-type-of-its-master-object/

It works unless I hit the "Save and New" button. The moment I click the "Save and New" button after creating the first child record, I get the below error:
The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change.

Everywhere I read that this can be resolved by using AJAX toolkit using javascript, but there is no mention of any helper code to resolve this issue. (OR else you need to create a ticket with SFDC to disable the GET and POST for the Org which is not desired at this point)

Any help from the developers out there (with a code sample) would be highly appreciated.
Hi All,
I have gone into a problem of automatically assigning a record type to a child object based upon the record type of a parent object.
I have a custom child object "Additional products" linked to the case object and the RecordType.DeveloperName on the child object is exactly the same as that of the case record types.
I am able to achive the automatic recordtype selection without any problems by following ht ebelow blog:
https://force201.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/automatically-setting-the-record-type-of-a-detail-object-based-on-the-record-type-of-its-master-object/

It works unless I hit the "Save and New" button. The moment I click the "Save and New" button after creating the first child record, I get the below error:
The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change.

Everywhere I read that this can be resolved by using AJAX toolkit using javascript, but there is no mention of any helper code to resolve this issue. (OR else you need to create a ticket with SFDC to disable the GET and POST for the Org which is not desired at this point)

Any help from the developers out there (with a code sample) would be highly appreciated.
Hi,
We have a requirement that we need to give Custom attachment reference to different objects (like Accounts/ opportunities) .i.e. As soon as user uploads a file, we need to assosiate that attachment to Objects so user click on those object can see the attachments as well. Please share your thoughts/ideas on this?

Sumant K
How to make owner field editable when clicking on edit button in detail page?
Hi Team

I would like to know, how a checkbox field automatically uncheck based on some date criteria through workflow time trigger. Basically logic should be..

If date_field_c + 1=today() then field update happen (checkbox_field_c = unchecked)

I already implemented one workflow but it did not work well. I am mentioning my workflow logic below:-
RecordType.Name = "Field Staff" && ((End_Date__c + 1) = today())

Field update:-
New Field ValueFalse

Please let me know how I can resolve the issue.
I need a way to manually invoke the chat transcript association with the case. The current work around provided by salesforce is to close the case tab so that the chat transcript gets tied to the case. This is not acceptable to our business users. So we need a way to programmatically invoke this method via a button. On click of a button, we want the chat transcript association to happen and once its done, and send this chat transcript to an external system for compliance reason.

What is the difference between LastModifiedDate and System ModStamp fields in Salesforce

I have field called 'Theater' under object Account.

Now, I have create a new custom Object called DSP. Under this DSP i create first field 'Account name' as a lookup field to Account.

Now i want to create a second field under DSP object called 'theater'..This theater field should be prepopolated accordingly as i select Account name from lookup. 

How can i create this second field called Theater? Anyone please suggest me the steps. 

Thanks,

Hit

• March 05, 2011

I have a custom field in cases that is for "date scheduled" Is there any way to make the Date scheduled turn to the color red if the date is today or earlier? I assume that there is a function that I can assign to the "date scheduled" field do this? Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!  

I have been installing apex data loader on unix server/machine. Is it possible and how ?. I installed data loader on windows os and working just fine. I haven't installed on Unix. Let me know the procedure. I appreciate your all help on giving me info, in advance.

Thanks

sfdc.guy

Hi All,

We would like to edit some of the Lead data after it is being converted for reporting purposes. I tried to do this using Data Loader but unsuccessful. Is there a way to edit the lead after it is being converted, using third party product?

Hi

I have created a visualforce page with contentType="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint".

I want to know how to provide a "slide-break" (not sure if that's the right term to be used) in order to specify the content in different number of slides.

Because right now, irrespective of the size of the visualforce page, the entire page content falls into just a single slide.

I would appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks,

Suri

• June 17, 2009
Hi all,

My requirement is as follows:

Tight integration of SFDC and SAP CRM in order to make Business Partners in sync across the systems. This will be a two way integration wherein any changes made to any business partner must be reflected in the other system upon batch/ real-time execution.

I have to create an RFC destination to configure the crm xif adapter.

what parameters for sfdc for this?

regards

shilpi

Friends,
I would like to export the bugs as CSV report from SF. I am not able to export the Notes and Attachments with the Bugs. Is there any specific way to export the notes and attachments along with the bugs please help me informed. Also,if there is any alternate way say, an ApI call any such thing to get the notes and attachments of the corresponding bugs please guide me in the process.

Thanks
Juli
  • January 08, 2008