• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

help

I am trying to self-populate information on an account from its contact so that I don't have to double entry data and a user can quickly see key primary contact data at the account level

for example - i have a contact that is billing so in the account record - I also want to show this to make the devlelopment simple I added a lookup function so that I pick up the relative contact - I then used workflow rules to self-populate billing phone number, billing, email, etc.

I have a problem now that I used so many references to post on the account from the conatcts I get the following error:

ideally I would like just to have a checkbox on the contact record saying blling contact and at the account level it would pick up the appropriate contact - using the lookup with workflow rules is a fine workaround but I am finding out is limited.

any suggestions???

Error

You have reached the maximum number of 5 object references on Account

You must remove at least 1 relationship(s) in order to save this formula
Related objects referenced in this formula:
  • Billing_Name__r
Show SectionHide References
Formula NameFormula TypeRelated Object ReferenceLast Modified DateLast Modified By
Account
cleairng/operations fax 2Workflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:18 PMFSmit
clearing firm email nameWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:24 PMFSmit
clearing firm email updateWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/13/2009 11:08 AMFSmit
clearing firm phone numberWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:20 PMFSmit
clearing firm phone number updateWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:53 PMFSmit
clearing/operations phone 2Workflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:17 PMFSmit
primary account email updateWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 11:34 AMFSmit
primary account phone updateWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:00 PMFSmit
update clearing operations 2 emailWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:17 PMFSmit
update clearing operations faxWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:15 PMFSmit
update clearing/ooperations phone numberWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:15 PMFSmit
update clearing/operations emailWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:13 PMFSmit
update primary acct fax numberWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:16 PMFSmit
update primary acct titleWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:16 PMFSmit
update primary phone numberWorkflow Field Update

help

I am trying to self-populate information on an account from its contact so that I don't have to double entry data and a user can quickly see key primary contact data at the account level

for example - i have a contact that is billing so in the account record - I also want to show this to make the devlelopment simple I added a lookup function so that I pick up the relative contact - I then used workflow rules to self-populate billing phone number, billing, email, etc.

I have a problem now that I used so many references to post on the account from the conatcts I get the following error:

ideally I would like just to have a checkbox on the contact record saying blling contact and at the account level it would pick up the appropriate contact - using the lookup with workflow rules is a fine workaround but I am finding out is limited.

any suggestions???

Error

You have reached the maximum number of 5 object references on Account

You must remove at least 1 relationship(s) in order to save this formula
Related objects referenced in this formula:
  • Billing_Name__r
Show SectionHide References
Formula NameFormula TypeRelated Object ReferenceLast Modified DateLast Modified By
Account
cleairng/operations fax 2Workflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:18 PMFSmit
clearing firm email nameWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:24 PMFSmit
clearing firm email updateWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/13/2009 11:08 AMFSmit
clearing firm phone numberWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:20 PMFSmit
clearing firm phone number updateWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Firm_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 3:53 PMFSmit
clearing/operations phone 2Workflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:17 PMFSmit
primary account email updateWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 11:34 AMFSmit
primary account phone updateWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:00 PMFSmit
update clearing operations 2 emailWorkflow Field UpdateClearing_Operations_Contact_2__r8/12/2009 3:17 PMFSmit
update clearing operations faxWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:15 PMFSmit
update clearing/ooperations phone numberWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:15 PMFSmit
update clearing/operations emailWorkflow Field UpdateBackOfficeContact__r8/12/2009 3:13 PMFSmit
update primary acct fax numberWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:16 PMFSmit
update primary acct titleWorkflow Field UpdatePrimary_Contact_Name__r8/12/2009 2:16 PMFSmit
update primary phone numberWorkflow Field Update